Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
King wrote:Iirc I think Marco said theyd consider item filter since clutter can make a drop invisible and that isnt exactly the players fault but have it limited to only on screen items to prevent abuse. Would need new resolution from sigma to properly implement though

d2stats tool has notifier and filter that's allowable on TSW now, if that's what you mean

also welcome back
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
King wrote:You guys crack me up. It's not that difficult to have an overlay that doesn't modify the actual game files to point you to these things just reading memory. And an overlay given the right offsets. However if it isnt implemented then we can assume admins dony want it in the game. It would be similar to my starcraft 2 maohack I have in private production and I dont even play that game anymore just update as it updates and require donations. Anyways to each their own. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong. I'm just glad to see the changes made over the years. Dont know which thing on the minimap is mephisto or furnace level 1 but it's better than aimlessly walking about. You guys make me miss median since I used to know it inside and out and now I'm Like wtf is this game. Long time ago I tried to offer a program similar to warden that can detect hacks and duplicated items and such but dont think it was a priority at the time. Tl..dr...reading a programs memory isnt against a rule but modifying game files are. Anywho let me maybe start and try this new melee OP median. Guess it's a barb cause we know those mfers cant die.

Helo stranger
King
Balrog
121 | 8
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Hi Ben!!!!!!! What happened to this game lost so much customization that kinda... boring now. No wonder season died in a month haha
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
King wrote:No wonder season died in a month haha

three days* with unique reroll recipes
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
zykoz wrote:
clearly you don't read because i said it would be used for in town or w/e else if it works good.

Clearly you don’t read Because I said this system won‘t work well.

Let me explain: in games like borderlands, you have only the 2-dimensional axis, thus you only need to look left or right to see where your target point is.

In diablo however, it would be confusing because the character might still has only a 2 dimensional axis to look at, but you as a person are looking at it from a fixed position from the top. That means if the character spins and you see the axis turning again, you first need to put yourself in the position of your character in order to actually understand the axis. And that‘s pointless and confusing

A much simpler solution would be arrows, that lead you the way, like it‘s usually done in top down games. So I don‘t understand how you could possibly consider your idea good if there are much better simpler solutions with less clutter required.
Alessa
Destroyer
7 | 0
Diablo 2, viz Median XL si vždy ráda zahraju:) když jsou deprese nebo nepohoda vždy se odreaguju:) moc fandím, povedený:) akorát postavy utíkají moc rychle, walk bych trochu ubrala, jinak se moc těším na další novinky a klobouk dolu za celý vylepšení, s pozdravem Alice S.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Alessa wrote:Diablo 2, viz Median XL si vždy ráda zahraju:) když jsou deprese nebo nepohoda vždy se odreaguju:) moc fandím, povedený:) akorát postavy utíkají moc rychle, walk bych trochu ubrala, jinak se moc těším na další novinky a klobouk dolu za celý vylepšení, s pozdravem Alice S.

Nesmíš tady psát česky :D jenom anglicky.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
zykoz wrote:
clearly you don't read because i said it would be used for in town or w/e else if it works good.

Clearly you don’t read Because I said this system won‘t work well.

Let me explain: in games like borderlands, you have only the 2-dimensional axis, thus you only need to look left or right to see where your target point is.

In diablo however, it would be confusing because the character might still has only a 2 dimensional axis to look at, but you as a person are looking at it from a fixed position from the top. That means if the character spins and you see the axis turning again, you first need to put yourself in the position of your character in order to actually understand the axis. And that‘s pointless and confusing

A much simpler solution would be arrows, that lead you the way, like it‘s usually done in top down games. So I don‘t understand how you could possibly consider your idea good if there are much better simpler solutions with less clutter required.

Like i said kid its an idea and that doesn't mean it needs to be 100% a nav bar but like you said with arrows tha's gross looking.. if you're going to do it that way i would make it a beacon orientated icon where you see a beacon of item or w/e the icon is; if its off screen the beacon would be on the edge of the screen in the direction where the object/objective is. and if people are too stupid to wrap there head around north south east west with the orientation of their character i think they have a lot more to worry about then diablo 2.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
heres a shitty example of what i mean
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ok. So in this example there is a xis rune 50m away from character due north. Now is that due north from the character perspective or the players perspective. Meaning should I head in the direction of the arrow or game north? Also theres no arrow indicating which direction akara is in, I assume it is south, but same question: South as in straight down, or game south which is different because of the orientation of the environment.

If you are too stupid to not be able to use a minimap like all Top Down RPG players of the era in which this game was actually made than you have alot more to worry about than contriving ass ideas that are half baked as best. If you think it is easy to code, then take D2 , open the source code for the engine and add code to it. Show how simple and innovative it would be, but for real. Not weak sauce Paint screencaps that look like they were made by a 3rd grader.