Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Look at how incredibly strong those on slain weapons are for casters though. Most on slain procs are spell damage, so casters are basically getting a massive dps boost for free. It’s about balancing the strength, not the number of availability. Secret gnarled staff has it as well
DonkeyNeutron
Cultist
22 | 8
I would like to see less lazy design choices (like Infernal Machine) in Sigma. There are plenty of interesting areas, monsters, quests, and skill interactions throughout this mod; a statue that summons random monsters is zzzzzzzz. You can and have done better.

Edit: There are actually a few QoL issues that could be improved upon as well.
-oSkills having to be re-selected every single time you die
-Potions having to be re-equipped to the belt every single time you die
-Limiting which skills can be used for each mouse button (I assume this is a limitation of D2 itself; if not, ...why?)

Basically, please fix/change little things like that which add tedium to the game. I noticed that you added a hotkey for transmuting, which is fantastic and a perfect example of the kind of QoL issue I hope you address.
Zalll
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Replace
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
or make an item that make vessel proc on strike "create another vessel from the target hit" Also call this Zall's Boredom
thx

-patreon :pepe: (nobash)
Edited by Zalll 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DonkeyNeutron wrote:-oSkills having to be re-selected every single time you die

oskills don't need to be re-selected if you just hotkey them. charges on the other hand, seem to have that issue. like nef staff blink. many things are already added to sigma anyways.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Qualify as feedback and suggestions post:

Played fully Untwinked character on hardkor, clearing only classic LoD areas (including all caves/dungeons like Ancient Tunnels etc.), areas cleared only once. After clearing Arcane Sanctuary on Teror im level 90 with exp bar at 3989024/4006000 while entering Canion of the Magi, so player who wants to play game oldchool/roquelike way will be not able to finish some content like Level Challenge 2. I didnt used any Experience Shrines, Pots of Greed or gear with XP affixes, also for feedback purposes I didnt entered Kurast 3000 on Hatred to get Class Charm.

Imo main quest line shouldnt push you to not clear all mobs on your way or push you to rush to next area.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Unda wrote:Qualify as feedback and suggestions post:

Played fully Untwinked character on hardkor, clearing only classic LoD areas (including all caves/dungeons like Ancient Tunnels etc.), areas cleared only once. After clearing Arcane Sanctuary on Teror im level 90 with exp bar at 3989024/4006000 while entering Canion of the Magi, so player who wants to play game oldchool/roquelike way will be not able to finish some content like Level Challenge 2. I didnt used any Experience Shrines, Pots of Greed or gear with XP affixes, also for feedback purposes I didnt entered Kurast 3000 on Hatred to get Class Charm.

Imo main quest line shouldnt push you to not clear all mobs on your way or push you to rush to next area.

I can see how this could be an issue for some select few people, and a reasonable one at that.

That being said, if the game xp was conversely balanced to require full clears, that would be a bigger issue. Side areas are optional by philosophical design.

I think the biggest issue is the pace breaking level challenges. They are way too good to be optional, and they kill pace in the absolute worst way. Devs won't fix that though. Guess they like pretending it's not horrible design.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Heathen wrote:
Unda wrote:Qualify as feedback and suggestions post:

Played fully Untwinked character on hardkor, clearing only classic LoD areas (including all caves/dungeons like Ancient Tunnels etc.), areas cleared only once. After clearing Arcane Sanctuary on Teror im level 90 with exp bar at 3989024/4006000 while entering Canion of the Magi, so player who wants to play game oldschool/roquelike way will be not able to finish some content like Level Challenge 2. I didnt used any Experience Shrines, Pots of Greed or gear with XP affixes, also for feedback purposes I didnt entered Kurast 3000 on Hatred to get Class Charm.

I can see how this could be an issue for some select few people, and a reasonable one at that.

That being said, if the game xp was conversely balanced to require full clears, that would be a bigger issue. Side areas are optional by philosophical design.

I think the biggest issue is the pace breaking level challenges. They are way too good to be optional, and they kill pace in the absolute worst way. Devs won't fix that though. Guess they like pretending it's not horrible design.

Im not saying its an issue for me, when im playing Untwinked on hardkor its more about story and roleplaying so if its harder then better and I can live without LC2 bonus. When playing hc (without rushing), side areas are like blessing with all the fat chests, rare and super unique mobs so avoid side areas is not an option for me.

Decided to share that data at what point I hit level 90 with full area clears only for feedback purposes aiming Sigma. Maybe Im wrong with what I said about LC2 (including LC1, Ennead, BRC) be part of main quest line, but I think it wasnt added to Quest Window only because whist didnt dig it and rewrite yet, but thats the plan for future right?

About fix, first idea was Dark Portal but reagent drop on Destruction so if we go that route few more changes/tweaks will be needed. I personally dont like that the piece required for BRC is on destruction, whats the point of giving player info scroll about BRC on teror if he cant finish it without going to next difficulty. That BRC starting scroll should drop from destruction Summoner if they want to keep Dark Portal drop still there.

Second idea about fix was pushing LC2 maksimum level required higher which is cheapest way.
Zalll
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
► Show Spoiler
[/spoil]

Or the lc2 could just take its place in act 1 as ennead challenge could, so once you've got the level you can do it.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Zalll wrote:Or the lc2 could just take its place in act 1 as ennead challenge could, so once you've got the level you can do it.

I guess the choices for ubers locations and moving some ubers with latest patches was related to where they belong for whole stories (dont ask me about it cuz I lost general view on that) plus whist made it possible to create new locations without touching classic side areas, so Im not sure if DF will fit to A1, but he share LC0 Volrath lazorpeepee so who knows ;)

Sorry for late answer, was biking whole day.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Okay, so you know how Samael drops weapons that don’t use a standard item base? (I.e. Tyrannical Blade)

What if you implement a new farming area with incredibly difficult mobs that have a small chance of dropping a super-tier item base that you can’t get anywhere else.

Maybe make this zone dependent on the player having completed a series of Uber quests.

I’d want it just difficult enough to access that inflation with OP item based wouldn’t occur in the market.