Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
daccus wrote:
The best thing you could possibly do for this game to make it friendlier to new or returning players (no idea if that's even a goal) is to remove all of the outdated information from the old websites and to completely flush out the documentation. Whenever you google something to find out how a mechanic works or crafting recipes, you find 3-4 different results with completely different recipes and things that have been taken out of the game. Or you have to find an ancient website to give details on how to do certain things (like trader's chest).

I half agree with you on this one. I don't think information on old websites should be removed because there are players ( like me ) who often like playing old versions of median better then the new one. That said one of the biggest reasons why I like playing old versions is because they actually have proper documentation of the game and just a lot more info about them in general ( like proper guides on how to do ubers etc. )
purplet
Cultist
22 | 1
daccus wrote:For the patch:

The best thing you could possibly do for this game to make it friendlier to new or returning players (no idea if that's even a goal) is to remove all of the outdated information from the old websites and to completely flush out the documentation. Whenever you google something to find out how a mechanic works or crafting recipes, you find 3-4 different results with completely different recipes and things that have been taken out of the game. Or you have to find an ancient website to give details on how to do certain things (like trader's chest).

I really hope you can bring all of this together into a single location for sigma. It's a lot of work but it's absolutely necessary, especially since so many in the discord respond with "learn 2 read noob" or "lul check the docs, quit being lazy" whenever you ask a question, or just total silence. That one's always fun.

The documentation is already on one place and url, median-xl.com with the "-". Anything on here is new, anthing on medianxl.com is old. The theme of the websites is totally different too and very easy to tell apart.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It is low priority suggestion but I noticed sorceress cast breakpoints are the same with 2h staves as with other 2h weapons.
This means you can implement some su 2h axe with caster sorc stats (basically stats like youd put normally on a staff), you get funny looks of small sorc weilding giant axe, and still casting very fast. Just a nice easter egg that could be used.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
summon darkling skill description claims you can summon 29 but you can only summon 15
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Price tracking system so we could trade items without uderpricing or overpricing them?
Also quick question. Why is everyone so keen to nerf all the drop rates and low levels tricks from the game?
I know grinding the perfect item is part of the game and all, but then again, if I must spend days and weeks to get a nice roll (Not perfect, just a nice one) with a shrine because I'm unlucky, it kinda makes the whole gaming experience feel more of a chore then a entertainment.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Funinyourgame wrote:I know grinding the perfect item is part of the game and all, but then again, if I must spend days and weeks to get a nice roll (Not perfect, just a nice one) with a shrine because I'm unlucky, it kinda makes the whole gaming experience feel more of a chore then a entertainment.

Shrine crafting is way easier now than it used to be, just few examples from Version Log of MXL2017:

Shrines will now grant all of their bonuses
Many low quality rolls on stats will now stop spawning on items with level 90 or more
Low impact affixes, which are unwanted by most players will now appear less frequently
Added new top level rolls for many affixes - these spawn infrequently

If you shrine crafted gear before MXL2017 and did it after then you should notice better quality with latter.

---

Funinyourgame wrote:Why is everyone so keen to nerf all the drop rates

This is based on?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Gekko64 wrote:summon darkling skill description claims you can summon 29 but you can only summon 15

This isn't the bugs & feedback thread
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
derp
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Funinyourgame wrote:Why is everyone so keen to nerf all the drop rates

This is based on?[/quote]

In the early pages of this thread, some nerf about drop rate it was suggested and Macro (Praise be his name) hinted in some nerf/balance for the farming
"About 50% of this was already listed on my to-do list (%slow skills, early gold abuses, immunity skills, special box rework, etc)
If people want to waste time farming gift box when they can use early game runewords instead which are much more efficient, let them be. Although maybe 3 uniques is a bit too much. As for cow level, I do intend to rework experience rates in general so that all ubers are exp-worthy. Though there will certainly be an uber that provides more exp than others."

Unless all of those was talking about an earlier patch and I'm awfully wrong. If that is the case, ignore what I said about the inexisting drop rate nerfing.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gekko64 wrote:summon darkling skill description claims you can summon 29 but you can only summon 15

I think in this patch the max summon thing was cut in half for them. Tooltip wasn't updated
Found it: DARKLING: summon limit has been halved
To make this relevant to the thread - Automatically update skill descriptions/docs when changing stuff