Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zykoz wrote:
zykoz wrote:
Aero wrote:well firstly, you left out the entire picture in the first post so there's no clue as to wtf you're saying.

secondly, you added the rest of the picture in the second post and there's still no clue as to wtf you're saying. what is the suggestion? a distance meter between akara, a cow portal, and the stash?

how do you not know what that is. its a navigation bar so many games have it you're all so stupid holy shiet

i just put that up for an idea. it can be used for towns for npcs portals stash w/e. I don't know what sigmas like but maybe the towns are really big and for new players it would be helpful and it looks cool. Games:fortnite h1z1 new cod battle field assassin creed so many y'all ret**d**

You can see all of those things on the mini map lmao. nav bars are good for 3rd person/1st person games not top down RPGs jesus. Not a single game you mentioned is a top down RPG. How would your idea be an improvement over the mini map?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
At least that fucknozzle's verbal diarrhea isnt typed in colored text anymore.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
zykoz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I think that‘s supposed to be like the quest marker is in the borderlands series. However we don‘t have a 360 spinable character. Or rather we don‘t have a 1st Person option, for our characters so putting this into the game would be just confusing af just so you can have an system that‘s made for a whole different kind of game. Bad suggestion.

Zykoz trolling again wohoo.

it couldn't be confusing and it would be based of the direction of your character obviously. If you keep thinking about how things won't work and start thinking about how things can work... maybe you would stop making stupid comments.

That‘s exactly why it‘s confusing. If you haven‘t noticed yet: the character models don‘t have a 360 degree Radius they can turn to. They have basically „breakpoints“ for when the next animation is played. If I remember correctly there are only 8 or 16 animations (don‘t remember since I played a couple of months ago the last time) so this bar would basically skip to one of those fixed points. Plus, sometimes you need to kite. And with this thing going back and forth, it would be just aweful. That‘s why it‘s a bad suggestion.

As I said: you can‘t just take a system and put it into a different Game Type. That‘s like wanting the window in Tetris that shows the next block in D2, just that it displays the next item that drops. It‘s just a bad game design idea and would add nothing to the game except a bunch of useless coding.

@King 3rd post from top: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=131&hilit=Michael&start=440

clearly you don't read because i said it would be used for in town or w/e else if it works good.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:
zykoz wrote:
zykoz wrote:
Aero wrote:well firstly, you left out the entire picture in the first post so there's no clue as to wtf you're saying.

secondly, you added the rest of the picture in the second post and there's still no clue as to wtf you're saying. what is the suggestion? a distance meter between akara, a cow portal, and the stash?

how do you not know what that is. its a navigation bar so many games have it you're all so stupid holy shiet

i just put that up for an idea. it can be used for towns for npcs portals stash w/e. I don't know what sigmas like but maybe the towns are really big and for new players it would be helpful and it looks cool. Games:fortnite h1z1 new cod battle field assassin creed so many y'all ret**d**

You can see all of those things on the mini map lmao. nav bars are good for 3rd person/1st person games not top down RPGs jesus. Not a single game you mentioned is a top down RPG. How would your idea be an improvement over the mini map?

already have the minimap but the minimap is annoying as fuck if you already know maps this would be an amazing tool to keep you on track. its a good idea. I'm iso more cons please give me all you got because from what i'm seeing there is none. LET ME STATE AGAIN ~ I said this would be great for towns. BUT imagine all the shiet you can do with this. IMAGINE THERE IS A GOLDEN CHEST NEAR BY AND INSTEAD OF SKIPPING OVER IT YOU CAN ZONE IN ON ITS LOCATION BECAUSE YOU SEE IT IS 500m AWAY. (OBV there is hard monsters you have to kill first) <- THEORETICAL SITUATION. Like i said think of what it could do instead of slashing your wrists over this IDEA of a post;this could be used for tons of shit and would rival the notification system in my opinion.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
The con is that it doesn't add anything. At best it is redundant, at worst you are essentialy asking for a maphack to show where everything is on the map.

What exactly makes the mini map annoying?

Also, how would you want it to work in a TOP DOWN RPG? You dont have 360 degree rotation, so a simple nav bar wont work.

What you are REALLY asking for is something that you've already asked for, and that is STING's maphack, with the improvements added from R2D2 and C3PO to add vectors and additional symbols to the mini map. Come back with a fully fleshed idea instead of babyraging "OMG YOU PPL dont understand me this idea is so awesome"

Just to recap: You post a picture with no description and no context and expect others who are viewing this thread to know and understand exactly what you're talking about. Then not one but TWO people tell you that a nav bar isn't feasible within the confines of a game that has no 360 degree rotation, and you fail to address that point, instead opting to question whether one of those users read what you wrote, because " i said it would be used for in town or w/e else if it works good." His point (as well as mine) is that IT WOULDNT WORK IN A TOP DOWN ENVRIONMENT. Please address that point, and only that point.
Edited by notforkeeps 5 years.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:The con is that it doesn't add anything. At best it is redundant, at worst you are essentialy asking for a maphack to show where everything is on the map.

What exactly makes the mini map annoying?

Also, how would you want it to work in a TOP DOWN RPG? You dont have 360 degree rotation, so a simple nav bar wont work.

What you are REALLY asking for is something that you've already asked for, and that is STING's maphack, with the improvements added from R2D2 and C3PO to add vectors and additional symbols to the mini map. Come back with a fully fleshed idea instead of babyraging "OMG YOU PPL dont understand me this idea is so awesome"

yo dude im not asking for any help in the game, lol. and both could be added and they can be toggled features. QQ

the minimap is overlay; its cludder... maybe you guys are cheating with minimap lol............................... and you act like you know so much lol........................................ this wouldn't be that hard to implement. couple variables for vectors yadayadayada.
Edited by zykoz 5 years.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
You are asking for help though. You want a nav bar to HELP YOU SEE STUFF. And I quote : IMAGINE THERE IS A GOLDEN CHEST NEAR BY AND INSTEAD OF SKIPPING OVER IT YOU CAN ZONE IN ON ITS LOCATION BECAUSE YOU SEE IT IS 500m AWAY. (OBV there is hard monsters you have to kill first) <- THEORETICAL SITUATION.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:You are asking for help though. You want a nav bar to HELP YOU SEE STUFF. And I quote : IMAGINE THERE IS A GOLDEN CHEST NEAR BY AND INSTEAD OF SKIPPING OVER IT YOU CAN ZONE IN ON ITS LOCATION BECAUSE YOU SEE IT IS 500m AWAY. (OBV there is hard monsters you have to kill first) <- THEORETICAL SITUATION.

lol thats theoretical and an example of it being used outside of town... close minded ***. QQ
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
But it was YOUR example sir. I guess that makes you the close minded one? And you still haven't addressed my point about a nav bar being impossible to implement in a TOP DOWN environment.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
i could think of so many ways for it to be useful and fair i posted this as an idea just a simple picture. i wasn't expecting all the drama. btw i rather navigate with a Compass instead of a goddamn overlayed minimap. nub