SIGMA Hurry

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
gloryseeker
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah whist I don't think anyone blames you for Sigma delays...its such a monumental task I can scarcely believe you're even attempting it. Such longstanding effort for a project is pretty crazy. Should be pretty obvious to anyone who looks at median now and then that Sigma is still a long way away since we are getting lots of large content releases recently which would be bundled into Sigma if it were close. Since the dev team is small obviously can't simultaneously pump out both content streams.

As for who to blame I nominate Rishab.
heamn
Gravedigger
182 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
In all seriousness, no one should be blame.

I grew up playing D1,D2 and D2 Exp, i can't even describe how grateful i am to be able to stumble upon median mods from brother laz's version till Median XL17, bringing a whole new level of extension for my favorite childhood memories.

Kudos to all the devs, and please take your time. :calm:
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Helzopro wrote:I feel as if most of the loyal player base don't really care when sigma gets released, we just want to have fun and enjoy the time we have with MedianXL, looking forward to every patch you put out!

This, I don't understand why some people want to have sigma faster, after all we're still getting big content updates, and 1.1 gonna come out soon. If not MaCRo and whist we'd be still playing 2012, not having a server or a forum, there would be no community at all and the mod would be considered dead.
Calypso1992
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:
RandomOnions wrote:Sigma is life half life 3 at this point. Might as well kept it a secret until 1-2 years before release. Hyping something for like 100 years only makes it worse due to the rising expectations. But let's see

The only reason why it was announced was because I genuinely trusted the core would be finished by aug 2016 which is what I was told. Of course, a year later, the core still remains at it's "90% ready" and some of the main tasks (i.e. GUI completion) still don't seem to be fully prioritized. If you want a honest opinion, I don't think a core release will be there in less than 2 years and probably add an extra year before it's stable and realm-playable. That's implying it ever sees a release. But I'm not counting on it, so going all in on m17 patch and it's def not doing bad. Only regret is a lot of dev time wasted in 2016 for sigma that now we have to spend time porting to 1.1 - but at least you guys are getting years worth of content in as little as a couple months.

1) thank you guys for your tireless dedication to the fans.
2) "as little as a couple months" is referring to 1.1 release? Am I correct in that assumption?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge