I want to be different. Set item rant/discussion

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I don't want to use crafts.
I don't want to use su/ssu/sssu items.
I want to use set items.
I want to be different.
I want to have a set aura.
I like shiny things.
By the time you find a full set for your build you already have enough shrines and unique items to have way better gear.
I have been looking to finish my set for multiple weeks of constant farming.
I've collected over 4000 signets from only set items and still haven't completed my whole set.
I've needed the same 2 pieces at around 100-150 signets in. That is over 3.8k set items that weren't of any interest to me.
The set I just so happen to want has all the best base items possible of their item type. Ancient Armor, Hand of God, Gauntlets, Plated Belt, Hundsgugel.
This makes it an extremely hard set to complete as all the items are rare.
I am still missing the Hand of God and Ancient Armor after multiple weeks of only farming for them.
Why do some sets have to be so rare? Crafts and sacred uniques are better so why make a set rare just because it has a rare base item?
Ancient armor has a 1 in 5 chance to be the one I want which is Cinadides set.
So even if you find the extremely rare set Ancient Armor chances are it isn't even the one you want.
You can't even test out sets and builds around the set since some are just so rare.
There's probably a bunch of sets people haven't ever even tested since they're so rare.
I'm even farming on single player 1.1.2 where the drop rates are good and not the same as MP's lower drop rate.
I just want to play the game and have fun wearing the items I like which are considered to be crap compared to near perfect crafts and uniques.
For the love of everything please sometime in one of the future patches make a way to get rarer set items easier since.
Do I have to suck off the entire dev team for set rarity change?
I'm actually salty and felt like crying multiple times.
It isn't fun to farm for something all day every day for weeks and to not get it. When it's inferior to crafts where shrines are so common.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What are you talking about? I'm not farming that hard this ladder and found randomly 2 ancient armors (yaerius and avalanche), 2 hand of gods, 3 hundsugels, cinadide gloves and belt from the same set you say is impossible to find. Remember it's all based on chance, if you believe you can find one certain item by farming for weeks (months?) you are mistaken. I'm not even sure if there was need to create this topic as I saw something similar already and this one feels like deja vu. Cheers
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
So since your last thread (~3 days), you've farmed 2k-2.5k sigs just from sets? I call bullshit. Also, someone already pm'd you about trading, why can't you do that and just be happy?
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Fumbles wrote:So since your last thread (~3 days), you've farmed 2k-2.5k sigs just from sets? I call bullshit. Also, someone already pm'd you about trading, why can't you do that and just be happy?

You don't know what the drop rate in 1.1.2 sp is like. Why would I lie? Lying doesn't magically give me what I want.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
You already made this exact thread previously and said almost the exact same shit. Farming 2k+ sigs in 3 days off just sets? please..

The set drop rate isn't going to change just because 1 person can't find the items they want. Please stop making new threads whining about the same shit over and over again.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Fumbles wrote:You already made this exact thread previously and said almost the exact same shit. Farming 2k+ sigs in 3 days off just sets? please..

The set drop rate isn't going to change just because 1 person can't find the items they want. Please stop making new threads whining about the same shit over and over again.

I think you need to try out some 1.1.2 single player drop rates. Yet even though it's so good i'm getting fucked by ancient armor and hand of god.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Someone offered to trade with you. Why haven't you done that yet?
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Fumbles wrote:Someone offered to trade with you. Why haven't you done that yet?

What's the point in trading in single player when it was probably from the popular stash downloads?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
:wall:
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
thunderman wrote:What are you talking about? I'm not farming that hard this ladder and found randomly 2 ancient armors (yaerius and avalanche), 2 hand of gods, 3 hundsugels, cinadide gloves and belt from the same set you say is impossible to find. Remember it's all based on chance, if you believe you can find one certain item by farming for weeks (months?) you are mistaken. I'm not even sure if there was need to create this topic as I saw something similar already and this one feels like deja vu. Cheers

You play 24/7 though.