The Annihilator - Ultimate Killer

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
nohuty
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig wrote:I figured it'd be best to make a video to show you how amazing Mana tide Totem is. (and no, Mana tide Totem doesn't lock out anything)

I've linked your guide in the video description. I hope you'll make it great!

btw: I really just used 2 garbage crafts without any other good modifiers. It's really not worth mentioning that garbage, but it still gets things done :D

Damn, that's awesome idea. I didn't know that, because i play Median from 2-3 before the reset :D
thanks a lot...will add your video to the guide and later that night will put more information about the Mana Tide Totem after i made it for myself <3
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Putting points into Talon's Hold feels like an incredible waste of 25 points. Put those in Nightwalker to get faster cast rate and poison length reduction (so you can then ignore using MOs to get reduction, and now you can craft a necromancer shield with Mana Tide Totem, +skills, and spell damage and they'll have 60% totem avoid so you can spam Orb of Annihilation like in Hecht's demonstration here).

nohuty wrote:
L H wrote:You should look into
The Trickster
The Trickster
Unraveller Head (Sacred)

Defense: (2662 - 3327) to (3066 - 3832)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 90
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 1
1% Base Block Chance
20% Cast Speed
+(16 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(16 to 20)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(9 to 16) to Pestilence (Necromancer Only)
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
Requirements -33%
Socketed (4)

Celestial Orchard
(Necromancer Malice Set)

Thanks, hun. It's good but it wants too much DEX for now. I should combine it later.

nohuty wrote: Shield
Sinwar
Sinwar
Demon Head (Sacred)

Defense: 1448 to 1766
Chance to Block:
4%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 445
Item Level: 105
+(5 to 6) to Necromancer Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
+100 Spell Focus
+(20 to 30)% to Spell Damage
-30% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-10% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Physical Resist 15%
Cannot Be Frozen
Total Defense = 0
Socketed (4)
Or
Pharaoh (Xis)

??? That makes no sense. Why would you use those two options for shields when you can get the better option for cheaper
TTraw1
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Nice to see Orb of Anni actually be used in a profitable way.
I once tried to do it on sin with full psy set, but this seems much more reasonable.
Like, literally the only benefit of using it on a sin is that claw attack speed is very fast (it use(d?) normal att anim). So you could like swing it 3 times before mana actually depleted because diablo engine is slowpoke on that manner.

That brings me question whether or not you can use orb during deathlord morph, since like i said, it uses norm attack animation?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
TTraw1 wrote:That brings me question whether or not you can use orb during deathlord morph, since like i said, it uses norm attack animation?

The problem lies in Deathlord unlocking anything aside melee buff and summon skills.

nohuty
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
TTraw1 wrote:That brings me question whether or not you can use orb during deathlord morph, since like i said, it uses norm attack animation?

The problem lies in Deathlord unlocking anything aside melee buff and summon skills.

That's the reason why I put honorific and low tier items /no Sssu or Crafted/
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
Scalewinged wrote:AFAIK Orb of annihilation have static 50k magic dmg and don't benefit from any spell dmg.

50k ? and not scalling with spell damage ? I didnt knew that! does it really ? cuz that is kinda stupid imo does it at least scale with Energy :? considering that is being cut in half from the new damage divider I think with mobs having up to 250k health(this is just a guess) in destruction dunno what to say :o :(
nohuty
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Darthaghar wrote:
That is completely incorrect ! when you put item level 1 at the Rare items Affix calculator in the documentation you can clearly see that it can still roll orb of annihilation O-skill if your still unsure here is a link to the preffixes/Suffixes https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes
Lowering Item level to 1 only limits the chance of how many Prefixes or Suffixes are able to spawn on a single CRAFTED ITEM he is rerolling a rare item not a Crafted item with a Shrine ! there is a difference Rare items are Yellow and Crafted items are Orange !

I am having my doubts about this guide and its creator I am not saying that the guide is bad its just that its not structured well at all!! guide creators usually make a separate character which starts leveling from level 1 and they plan out on how to go through the early game and what build and if its possible to start playing the guide's build from what level and so on they THOROUGHLY Explain on how to get the REQUIREMENTS to actually being able to PLAY the build early on! I am especially looking at these things
You need 9000 mana to cast the main skill. So, you have to find a way to do it before you start. (HINT: signetes of learning)
there is no way in absolute hell you can farm enough signets with a level 90 or 100 character to get enough signets of learning to reach that 9000 mana cap unless you have a second character that can farm Nihalthak in destruction and mule the signets over :!:
What is my Suggestion ?
:arrow: - First off Scrap the idea of using honorifics only! that is a very big restriction and write more ways to reach 9000 mana! Ones that dont involve honorifics that is
:arrow: - If you are still writing and editing the guide put WORK IN PROGRESS in the title and the thread so people know its not finished yet!
:arrow: Now this is a question ? Why is the guide called "The Annihilator" when the Orb of Annihilation is treated like a secondary skill ? and all of your gears seems to focus on the
GRAVEYARD - 2nd skill. Kills everything except IMMUNE TO POISON
and each gear piece seems to focus very hard on poison skill duration and poison spell damage while the supposedly main your main skill Magic Damge ?
ORB OF ANNIHILATION - MAIN SKILL. Kills everything except Immune to Magic

I like this guide it reminds me of
but I would suggest you first reading through this http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=509 in order to learn how to structure your guide better and other stuff etc

My idea for the guide was to use ONLY honorifics, but I respect people's opinion, that they want more items, so that is the reason I put them in the guide. With only honorific Items character's mana will be enough, but the character will be weak. So I am thinking about some improvememt.

Graveyard is 2nd skill, because it's passive. I use it and forget about it - it works only vs immune to magic. The reason, why i focus on Graveyard damage is just i see what damage i can do with it. And while Orb of Annihilation kills everything, I need to focus on the immunes vs that awesome skill.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
Darthaghar wrote:
JetJet wrote:Image
You can shrine craft orb of annihilation and just use the shrine on which gives it dmg and pierce since idk what dmg type is orb of annihilation.

Orb of Anihilation (thygood'ol BFG-86k) does magic damage so
if spell damage and physical/magic spell damage preffixes both spawn and stack u can technically get 80% physical/magic spell dmg max roll
having one of these modifiers spawn with Orb of anihilation and its pretty much a good enough craft
other useful ones could be Energy factor and +mana up to 501 free mana :bounce:
so either Eerie or Enchanted shrine crafts while Eerie would give u more energy means more mana it also gives u more damage because skill/spell scales up with energy ofc but Enchanted shrines give u spell dmg which directly increases ur dmg so eiher way is okay

So this is what I use to kill magic gem
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kissofaries wrote:http://www.medianxl.com/t1733-1-e9-liche-necromancer-v-2-0-a-mystic-orb-based-char

nice uber section...

:lurk:

Yikes. I see a lot of copy paste from that guide. Gear section, uber section.