LOVE this Mod! But, what about Res?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Itayush
Prowler
19 | 0
It's been so many years that I've been waiting for something like this to take on Diablo 2 LOD.
There's so much awesome content, so many cool stuff, great balance and just amazing.
Thank you so much for working on this for us, and thanks for the community for supporting this!

So, since I never heard of this or any other mod before, I just heard about MultiRes when I heard about this mod. I saw the vids and it looks amazing!
Sad this is, I just arrived and MXL no longer supports MultiRes.
My question is, will there be any kind of support for high resolution than the default?
I really love the mod, it's making Diablo 2 feels so awesome, interesting and fun to play again... But can't argue that higher resolution makes everything feels so much better..

I heard in a (somewhat old) video that the devs will probably implement their own resolution in the mod, whats going on with that?

Btw, I am playing in SP and I had no problems what so ever with the installation with the help of the great guides here.

Thank you once again and have a great day :)
RollsRoyce
Ice Clan
595 | 50
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
the problem with multires is that you got an insane advantage to everyone who does not use it. The game, as well as its AI was designed with 800x600 in mind. Thats why we can currently only dream of having a higher resolution
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6301 | 89
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@RollsRoyce: Is there a way to increase AI's range to highest?
Itayush
Prowler
19 | 0
RollsRoyce wrote:the problem with multires is that you got an insane advantage to everyone who does not use it. The game, as well as its AI was designed with 800x600 in mind. Thats why we can currently only dream of having a higher resolution

So why not just enable it in SP (Like it was until the recent update if I am not mistaken..)?
Also, it doesn't have to be at the highest resolution available. Can just add lightly higher resolution, just to make it feel better..
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Itayush wrote:
RollsRoyce wrote:the problem with multires is that you got an insane advantage to everyone who does not use it. The game, as well as its AI was designed with 800x600 in mind. Thats why we can currently only dream of having a higher resolution

So why not just enable it in SP (Like it was until the recent update if I am not mistaken..)?
Also, it doesn't have to be at the highest resolution available. Can just add lightly higher resolution, just to make it feel better..

Higher res is said to come with sigma.

In case you're wondering when that is: no one knows.
Itayush
Prowler
19 | 0
ScarletEdge wrote:
Itayush wrote:

To my understanding it could take years.. Why not just enable it for us SP players? It gives a whole different experience..
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1838 | 129
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Itayush wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:
Itayush wrote:

To my understanding it could take years.. Why not just enable it for us SP players? It gives a whole different experience..

I don‘t even want to imagine how imba/cheaty it would be to use multires on a throwsin. I mean... she can hit anything 2 screens away already. But being able to see where some demons are just standing around is really just too much. No, it‘s good that multires is deactivated.

And imagine how far you could teleport...

Go play snej mod, which has a higher resolution build into the core. This game is at least balanced around this resolution. Or play a previous version of mxl where it was still possible to use multires.
Rishab
Team Member
2010 | 148
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
► Show Spoiler

Its not that the compatibility was disabled but more like it got broken when the new core was launched. Seeing how it is cheat-ish type tool, we were more than happy to not look into why it is no longer compatible and left it unsupported.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Itayush
Prowler
19 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
Itayush wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:
Itayush wrote:

I don‘t even want to imagine how imba/cheaty it would be to use multires on a throwsin. I mean... she can hit anything 2 screens away already. But being able to see where some demons are just standing around is really just too much. No, it‘s good that multires is deactivated.

And imagine how far you could teleport...

Go play snej mod, which has a higher resolution build into the core. This game is at least balanced around this resolution. Or play a previous version of mxl where it was still possible to use multires.

Rishab wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Its not that the compatibility was disabled but more like it got broken when the new core was launched. Seeing how it is cheat-ish type tool, we were more than happy to not look into why it is no longer compatible and left it unsupported.

I can imagine how cheat-ish it could be with very high resolution, but isn't it possible(fairly easily) to adjust the mod fairness with like 1280x720 or something close to it?
As far as I see it, doing it can boost the gameplay experience by so much..
Rishab
Team Member
2010 | 148
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
► Show Spoiler

Any resolution over 800x600 would give a big advantage to the player bcz they will be able to see monsters before monsters can see the character hence enabling snipering them and moving on. For now the only way to get a bigger window is either play full screen or use glide video settings to stretch the window(this would decrease quality depending on how much u stretch the window). Additionally, multires is a thrird-party software so we cant do any changes to it without spending a considerable amount of time on it which we obviously do not want to.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi