Stampede drops to only 2-3 dmg at skill level 8?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Siludin
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi everyone.

First time trying the Barbarian and I am level 85. I recently respec'd to throwbarb to see if it would be effective, testing my might in the Canyon of the Magi. I had done a few clears just testing different skills. My gear and charm give a combined +6 skill points, and I had just placed my eighth base point in Stampede. Suddenly, monsters are dying very slowly and damage doesn't appear to be happening. I figure it's lag but then I check my damage and Stampede's damage has dropped to 2-3 in the character screen! The skill now only shows +2 magic damage, and it's completely unusable. I am hoping this is just a mathematical nuance at base skill level eight, but I don't have any spare skill points to place in it to get it to the next level and see if the damage returns. I have tried taking off all my gear and removing all charms, then re-equipping. I have tried restarting the game, everything.

Any help would be appreciated - am I missing something? I already used my two Akaras and don't have any Belladonna potions, but maybe it has something to do with having already reset my skills twice? Idk

tl;dr:
Just reached level 85. Placed eighth hard point in Stampede. Its damage dropped to two and now I can't kill anything.

My username is VGD

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/jKQFq9w
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What gear do you have in left/right hand?
Siludin
Skeleton
2 | 0
edit: Sorry I posted and didn't see your post. I just figured it out coincidentally. You are right - axe was in offhand
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Boom!
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.