Any ETA on Shared Stash + Nopickup?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
SuperFly
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unnamed wrote:@SuperFly - it's modded game, not their own - not that easy ;)

if you're programmer - join them and show what you can do (no offence)

i'll be nice to see ONE shared page in next patches ;)
it will be next milestone in sigma dev

Didn't say it was easy. And don't have a problem with lack of it as much as others. The only thing was Whist attitude towards the issue.

Would need to see plugy, median xl17 and sigma's codes. My guess is that plugy can't overwrite stash because Sigma has changed variable names and added more stuff that would need to be addressed.
It might be a matter of few name changes or writing dozens of lines for Sigma Plugy to roll. Definitely doable for someone familiar with both plugy and Sigma's code.

No offense taken bro, it crossed my mind. Time wise I don't have the luxury to fuck with that. And for this, time sacrifice we should be thankful to all the guys involved with Median, especially the ones who play with the antique code :)
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Unnamed wrote:PlugY hasn't been taken away from SP - incompatibility - that's all

Devs saying "Unfortunately PlugY won't work due to incompatibility" - that's totally okay, it's understandable.
Eventually either someone will pickup PlugY code (it is open source) and made code adjustments to make it compatible with Sigma - either devs will implement stash with multi pages.

But whist says "actually you don't need big/shared stash".
We are trying to explain here why big/shared stash for SP was important for us. That's all.
SuperFly
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@fixer_m bro we are on the same page
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Yeah well, maybe I haven't really explained things clearly. We didn't "take away" infinite storage on purpose, PlugY simply isn't compatible with the new game engine. And even though it could possibly be patched to be compatible, PlugY had it's lot of bugs, so I don't necessarily want to bring it back as is. There's also the fact that we're trying to reduce the amount of third party mods players use with the mod, as more third parties complicates troubleshooting and diagnosis a lot, and we end up having to give support on code that isn't even ours.

That being said, this thread is getting a little out of hands. We plan on implementing an extended stash, not necessarily with infinite storage. There is no ETA.
trollkin
Cultist
20 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
whist wrote:That being said, this thread is getting a little out of hands. We plan on implementing an extended stash, not necessarily with infinite storage. There is no ETA.

Just to be clear - an extended stash, or a shared one, too?

Anyhow, thanks for that info - and sorry for, albeit inadvertently, contributing to causing a little bit of a ruckus here - that was never my intention and it didn't occur to me things could get so "hot" , I always tried to keep it all along the lines of constructive criticism.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
First off, I want to say that each developer might have his own opinion regarding certain matters that don't necessarily reflect the views of the entire team, or project. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus here, but I don't know why the case is being made that PlugY is incompatible because we intend SP players to play a certain way, when the sole and only reason PlugY doesn't work is because of the new engine.

There really isn't any need to discuss it any further. I repeat: PlugY is disabled because it doesn't work with the new engine. If we were against multi-stash, we wouldn't have shipped PlugY with the launcher in the past. Nor provide certain files inside the mod that would make certain stats (such as signets) display on PlugY pages.

Next: PlugY is a third party tool. It's not built-in in our project, so the few people claiming we are taking steps backwards, we never took that step in the first place. The new engine came with sacrifices, and PlugY/D2SE were some of them. If you're a SP player, I'm happy to note that you can make a choice to play the old version if the benefits of PlugY for you are greater than the new engine.

More: saying we are neglecting the SP playerbase is just idiotic imo. Not only do we try to make the solo experience more enjoyable by providing increased drops and increased exp rates (both which required engine efforts), but we also risk all our server code / engine by keeping the mod SP-playable. If we decided to disable SP, we could have all our server code safely from being stolen (it only took china about 1 day to launch their sigma ripoff) and we would be able to implement lots of cool server features. But we haven't, and we shipped the server logic in the SP patch because we acknowledge and appreciate our SP community.

Extra: the possibility is there of PlugY making a comeback, but you have to understand, this wouldn't be a smart thing to do on a first release, because we want the bug reports to be centered on our actual product before we provide support for 3rd party tools. In fact, some cool person in this community had a working PlugY in less than 24 hours of release. We are looking into this, as we have to consider how this would work out compatibility-wise whenever we decide to implement our own multi-stash system. You just have to be patient.

Bonus: there seems to be a lot of expectations coming from some players which apparently assume we released the update with everything we wanted, as we wanted it. That's just not the case. We released on the 18th primarily because we were very commited to having this patch out as promised to the community. But this also required sacrifices, as we were unable to provide all the features we had planned for the initial release, which we are working on now. We preferred to have people miss a few features early on (extra waypoints, bounties, etc) rather than continue to ask about when sigma will be out and play on a dead ladder.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
That's a far better answer than we've been getting, and I doubt many people really thought PlugY would be implemented on release - but the way some people are communicating is making it hard to see what the future holds for Single Player.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BTracer wrote:That's a far better answer than we've been getting, and I doubt many people really thought PlugY would be implemented on release - but the way some people are communicating is making it hard to see what the future holds for Single Player.

I think whist was trying to alleviate the situation by mentioning the game is playable and enjoyable without multi-stash (which I agree), but eventually it got interpreted as if that was the driving reason of PlugY not working currently. Just wanted to clear that up :)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You don't know how to program! Just add:

"Plugy working = 1"

to the code!

On a serious note: Society nowadays can be described in 3 words:

I. Everything. Now.

Don't mind that attitude. Just take your time. Sigma does feel a bit incomplete right now, but knowing that there's a team working on a project of this scale right now makes me feel really happy and is more than we could ask for. Keep up the good work!
dirtpoorchris
Prowler
18 | 0
Im colorblind and its hard for me to see difference between rares and yellows and stuff on the ground. Maybe they can make the pickup txt for uniques sparkle or something?