Any ETA on Shared Stash + Nopickup?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
trollkin
Cultist
20 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Howdy,

While I admire the work you guys did with the engine/core features and love the new UI, there are two things which, as Drognan would put it, can be considered a serious setback in light of all the Quality of life changes you've introduced:

1) Unless I'm blind, I found no in-game way tof disabling automatic/accidental picking of all the crap that appears on the ground. /nopickup apparently went down the toilet along with all of the other "/something" commands. It's infuriating to be constantly picking up and dropping random clutter.

2) Shared stash. I could easily do without minimap options and other nice-to-have features - but seriously, "unlimited" shared stash is something that should have been available from day one - especially in a game so heavily based on collecting items. Having to use TCP/IP muling sends us some twenty of game development back.

Once these issues are resolved, I'm gonna party like it's 999! :-)
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
for nopickup press esc -> preferences -> hotkey settings, in the bottom left you'll see "toggle item pickup"

it is now enabled/disabled with a button press, rather than a command
Elmore
Cultist
22 | 0
I have about 10 mules for storing my things, it was "acceptable". But as soon as I entered KURAST 3000 BA, I need to transfer things after almost every race .. this already discourages interest in the game.
Not storing things means nothing not to leave for other characters, nothing at all ... and then there will not be enough space for main character without 1-2 mules, because of playing several builds.
trollkin
Cultist
20 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Frytas wrote:for nopickup press esc -> preferences -> hotkey settings, in the bottom left you'll see "toggle item pickup"

it is now enabled/disabled with a button press, rather than a command

Thanks, so it's just the shared stash and we're golden. Cool 8-)
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
X is the default nopickup key. And shared stash would be ok, but really what we need is more stash tabs. What good is a shared stash when its full.... You can have 5 mules and once their inv and cubes are full, that's that.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
People on multiplayer have been playing without an extended stash for years and they were fine, and that was before the character's inventory, cube and stash got heavily expanded in size. The plain truth is, you don't need to hoard every items. If all this space is not plenty for you, it much likely means you're hoarding, and for what really? The sad thing I've observed over the years with people hoarding, often reaching hundreds of PlugY stash pages is, more often than not, they never ever actually use a huge part of these hoarded items.

Make use of storage items like shrine vessels, arcane crystal clusters, etc. Stop keeping items you can always re-find in minutes like runes, and turn the unique items that are of no use for your characters into signets. There is no ETA on extended storage space, and even when it will be there, it will not be unlimited as it was with PlugY.
trollkin
Cultist
20 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
whist wrote:People on multiplayer have been playing without an extended stash for years and they were fine, and that was before the character's inventory, cube and stash got heavily expanded in size. The plain truth is, you don't need to hoard every items. If all this space is not plenty for you, it much likely means you're hoarding, and for what really? The sad thing I've observed over the years with people hoarding, often reaching hundreds of PlugY stash pages is, more often than not, they never ever actually use a huge part of these hoarded items.

Make use of storage items like shrine vessels, arcane crystal clusters, etc. Stop keeping items you can always re-find in minutes like runes, and turn the unique items that are of no use for your characters into signets. There is no ETA on extended storage space, and even when it will be there, it will not be unlimited as it was with PlugY.

I'm sorry, but your argument does not make much sense. There already IS a way in which people can save pratically unlimited amounts of items - character muling. That means this campaign against players"hoarding" items, which is by the way, both a very unfair assumption and a very authoritarian approach to the way in which players may want to play and have fun with the game, is useless.

Diablo II is a gear-based game and every Median I've ever player only emphasised this fact. I for one, and I'm sure this is true of plenty of other players as well, enjoy collecting various items for later use/other characters, be it interesting crafts or set/sunique items.

whist wrote:If all this space is not plenty for you, it much likely means you're hoarding, and for what really?

This is just fundamentally wrong. For fun? Because scores of Diablo II (whatever the mod) players in the past have used PlugY for that very reason? Because MXL is a mod where lots and lots of items drop, and unlike in vanilla, much more of them are actually useful later on/with other characters or builds?

whist wrote:People on multiplayer have been playing without an extended stash for years

How do you know they have all been fine? Just because every third post on the forum isn't related to the limited storage situation? Maybe it has to do with players just being aware of the developers' attitue towards increased storage you just described?...

There are still countries in the world in which slavery is legal and in which a woman can be stoned to death because of infidelity. One could say that people have been fine with that in these countries for years as well - but that does not make it right.
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
trollkin wrote:
whist wrote:People on multiplayer have been playing without an extended stash for years and they were fine, and that was before the character's inventory, cube and stash got heavily expanded in size. The plain truth is, you don't need to hoard every items. If all this space is not plenty for you, it much likely means you're hoarding, and for what really? The sad thing I've observed over the years with people hoarding, often reaching hundreds of PlugY stash pages is, more often than not, they never ever actually use a huge part of these hoarded items.

I'm sorry, but your argument does not make much sense. There already IS a way in which people can save pratically unlimited amounts of items - character muling. That means this campaign against players"hoarding" items, which is by the way, both a very unfair assumption and a very authoritarian approach to the way in which players may want to play and have fun with the game, is useless.

Diablo II is a gear-based game and every Median I've ever player only emphasised this fact. I for one, and I'm sure this is true of plenty of other players as well, enjoy collecting various items for later use/other characters, be it interesting crafts or set/sunique items.

whist wrote:If all this space is not plenty for you, it much likely means you're hoarding, and for what really?

This is just fundamentally wrong. For fun? Because scores of Diablo II (whatever the mod) players in the past have used PlugY for that very reason? Because MXL is a mod where lots and lots of items drop, and unlike in vanilla, much more of them are actually useful later on/with other characters or builds?

whist wrote:People on multiplayer have been playing without an extended stash for years

How do you know they have all benn fine? Just because every third post on the forum isn't related to the limited storage situation? Maybe it has to do with players just being aware of the developers' attitue towards increased storage you just described?...

There are still countries in the world in which slavery is legal and in which a woman can be stoned to death because of infidelity. One could say that people have been fine with that in these countries for years as well - but that does not make it right.

Holy shit, is he taking shots at a dev??? Lemme get some popcorn. :bounce:
majinvegito123
Thunder Beetle
51 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Absurd. Shared Stash should be a quality of life improvement. You continue to add various items in the game, and various iterations of said items, and there are no viable methods of storage of these items. If someone wants to store enormous amounts of items, it is their choice. This is a gear-based game and as such, people like to collect items that they may find useful later. No one wants to scroll through ten useless characters to find where they put that set item that they're looking for.

A vast majority of people found PlugY to be beneficial and a necessary quality of life improvement. Players have been clamoring for years for some form of stash system, and at the very least a SIGNIFICANT increase in size of the stash is warranted. It will not hurt the game to allow people to have infinite storage.
trollkin
Cultist
20 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
IBagboyBrownI wrote:Holy shit, is he taking shots at a dev??? Lemme get some popcorn. :bounce:

I don't see what the problem with anyone disagreeing with the devs and presenting civilized argumentation should be.
Edited by trollkin 5 years.