This game is getting dumb

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
:derp:
der_locke86
Destroyer
6 | 0
Progession is really bad in this version. When I hit 119 i was so bored out of running k3k. It was just tedious. After 120 running duncraig over and over is not any better. And finally putting the high Farming zones behind ubers is just plain retarded. The ubers guarding the Zone are Harder than the Zone itself. Zones are for Farming Gear / XP so you can Take on the next ubers and Not the Other way around. This definetly proofes that devs never actually played the Mod in a legit way.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
der_locke86 wrote:Progession is really bad in this version. When I hit 119 i was so bored out of running k3k. It was just tedious. After 120 running duncraig over and over is not any better. And finally putting the high Farming zones behind ubers is just plain retarded. The ubers guarding the Zone are Harder than the Zone itself. Zones are for Farming Gear / XP so you can Take on the next ubers and Not the Other way around. This definetly proofes that devs never actually played the Mod in a legit way.

"This definetly proofes that devs never actually played the Mod in a legit way"

HAH!
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
der_locke86 wrote:Progession is really bad in this version. When I hit 119 i was so bored out of running k3k. It was just tedious. After 120 running duncraig over and over is not any better. And finally putting the high Farming zones behind ubers is just plain retarded. The ubers guarding the Zone are Harder than the Zone itself. Zones are for Farming Gear / XP so you can Take on the next ubers and Not the Other way around. This definetly proofes that devs never actually played the Mod in a legit way.

leveling progression is like this because there was a previous pre-sigma problem with people powerleveling to 120 in a day and doing all the ubers within the week, which meant the ladder was likely to die within the month or less depending

I'd rather have a slow steady progression that promotes players to experience the builds firsthand rather than tcow rushing them to 120 as soon as they reach level 50 in hell and don't bother experimenting
der_locke86
Destroyer
6 | 0
Icegod101 wrote:

leveling progression is like this because there was a previous pre-sigma problem with people powerleveling to 120 in a day and doing all the ubers within the week, which meant the ladder was likely to die within the month or less depending

I'd rather have a slow steady progression that promotes players to experience the builds firsthand rather than tcow rushing them to 120 as soon as they reach level 50 in hell and don't bother experimenting

This would work fine if there is a diversity in the rifts you can run. But there is just cow, k3k, duncraig (fautz Brem behind ubers is just dumb). All other rifts are inferior to those from an XP point of view. So you are stuck running the same content over and over again for ages to level up. Just bad design and boring as hell. After Level 120 everything should be open to access. Old Median was way better
JonAC
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You are pretty ungrateful. Ive waited YEEEARRSS for this to come out and its pretty fucking amazing. Hats off to the creators job well done.
der_locke86
Destroyer
6 | 0
I don't think ungrateful is the right word. I just point out severe design flaws. They did plenty of things right but also plenty of things wrong. Having the game dictate what you are allowed to access is not the right way to keep the people playing. Just remove the level lock, add more rifts and it will be in a decent state.
serek
Jungle Hunter
29 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I also have to disagree, first time I'm hooked as never.

Progression is perfect, it rewards griding as original D2 was about, HECK!, people are still running bots on original D2 to hit 99lvl.

The fact that you have to put some effort into leveling is just a GODNESS and the levels are astonishing.

Thanks for amazing mod and really, just grind, it was always about it.

EDIT:
There are ways to boost your XP gain:
1. craft XP jewels
2. buy XP rings and amu
3. make honorific weapons for +20%xp (more with jewels)
4. join exp runs, sit back and enjoy massive exp
lampogriz
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hyperspace wrote:Dont let those guys get to you, i understand your point. progression is not smoth and rewarding. Boss fights are unbalanced, more annoying than a challenge.

Endgame leveling is stupid. i get that the devs wanted to make progression a thing again, but right now its completely broken. You're forced into progression that doesnt make sense.
1-105 Play through to hell
105-110 in sunless sea so you get the gold to mo the shit out of your TU gear
110-115 in cows and torajan jungles to get you some extra stat points and more gold
115-120 K3K or TA, so you gear up a little, needs too many runs even on p8
120-125 is like hitting your head into a brick wall in triune, duncraig with one hit barrels or teganze where most builds have a hard time.
125-140 is a joke and takes almost as long as 120-125, providing you can get to bremmtown locked behind 3 other ubers.

Providing you can do the spires that you cannot do without respeccing, getting help from friends or cheesing it with mercs on some builds.

After you're 140 the farming areas dont give any experience and the only thing they benefit is less than 10 sssu items that basicly never drop. So if you want some build items you're stuck with farming bremm,fauz or duncraig till your eyes bleed.
lvl 140-150 is full on retard mode, grinding either groupies behind two other ubers or run half a million miles to stomp some uldy stages that dont drop shit and are boring af.

The rank 1 lvl 150 mostly just afk farmed Sloth in the void with a macro for dem lvls wich in itself is showing how stupid it is.

What do you get for 140-150 ? 10 levels and 50 stats, 2 max skill levels and a bit more MO space. SSSUs almost never drop and most of them are useless since there is no content to use them on because mostly you already stomp all the farming areas at lvl 140.

There is no real 140-150 Content and no real reward for getting there, no lvl req 140 or 150 items. The only challenge in the hardest ubers is patience to shoot some sperm ghost at a boss on your respec build and cheese gear so you get an extra +1 on your skills. Or just go barb on shit gear and smash samael in the nuts.

I think there is alot to improve in the mod, to the point where leveling progression is smothed out, we get less boring and annoying purify mechanics and some 140 and 150 content that is rewarding and actually fun for farming.

Fuck those people that cant take any criticism to the mod like its some gods work. There is alot of work needed to smoth out progression, fix a shitton of bugs the new codeedits introduced and keep the playerbase interested in the endgame besides farming duncraig and fauz. We need lvl 140 and lvl 150 farming areas, less purify mechanics and balanced boss mechanics that are viable for all builds without using a special respec and some cheese gear.

Saying "if you dont like it, leave it" is the worst black and white thinking that will get the mod nowhere. I have to say tho, ranting is not too constructive in terms of criticism

AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAID
This mod lacks high lvl content so bad.
Characters balanse is bad
"Extreme" difficulty bosses are actually "easy + extreme boring" - nobody likes that purify mechanics, its a fact. Whats the point of farming all that high end gear, if you cant use it vs "extreme" difficulty bosses, but can use only "some sperm ghost shoot with 5sec delay " VERY FUNNY
This mod ISNT multiplayer friendly - TOO MUCH flashy sprites even with only 2 players, you cant even see your enemy and namelock it. BIG FPS drop problems with 3+ players - that's ridiculous.