Please just add the option to Hostile back....

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Djmx305
Stygian Watcher
42 | 2
Why go through the hassle of removing such an awesome feature to this game... pvp is great even if we have modded out the ass chrs. It reminds me of the open b.net days when ppl hexed their chrs and had jamellas to make ridiculous items. A suggestion though, to actually make pvp not a one-shot unenjoyable experience create some debuff or special stat "resilience" where players take 50-65% less damage from other players skills and attacks.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This option was disabled in order to prevent griefing, isn't that obvious?
What do you think is better, to satisfy the needs of minority or to deal with displeased majority. I hope you understand that griefers are not gonna support this project with money, you can't even force them to pay for a new account because TSW doesn't require a legal copy of d2 (and there is nothing that devs can do since d2 is the property of Blizzard). Second option would require to manage grief reports as well and it's not that simple to ban someone who can evade this ban without too much effort. To be honest it wasn't even a hard decision to remove player hostility, nothing of value was lost.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobody "went through the hassle" of removing PVP. It was never intentionally removed, it was just neglected when implementing the autoparty/GUI.
there's nothing wrong with PVP if both parties agree to it, even if it isn't necessarily balanced. someday it will be back hopefully.
Kepy11
Vampiress
36 | 0
Would it be hard to implement a feature where if someone wants to hostile you, you get prompted to accept or decline? And be able to De-Hostile anyone if you accepted by accident. As well as OP said, make it so passively players take reduced damage from players.

Personally I don't care if pvp is balanced or not, as OP said, I just want to be able to duel my friends and make some different pvp builds. I may be apart of the minority that wants pvp, but it really doesn't seem like a major issue to bring it back, maybe i'm wrong. I know it gives another option for end game, I personally don't care to do all the end game pve content, I just wanna pvp like in the old D2 days