[RoS] Reign of Shadow 0.84c

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks, just had to restart a few times. At least now I have clean installs of D2.

Well my pala and barb have now beaten Nightchill and Brutality, what a pain, clearly I wasn't prepared enough. With barb it was easier but muuuch slower. Still missing a few charms according to database:
- Essence of Gore
- Demon's Pact
- Garret's Picklock
And about those Unique Skiller Grand Charms I have no idea. Tried to study about them but don't know where to start.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Grand charms:
One is droped by act 1 bloody raven - you cube boss trophies with it and after many trophies they start to give bonuses, like 40x act boss trophies give something.
Your class grand charm is droped in specific location in destruction. Same location in terror/hatred drop small "ball type" item. You cube all 3 -> get charm and small ball thingy -> cube again -> get 1 of 3 possible class charms.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes I know about the boss thingie, not doing that, too tedious.
Weird that I haven't seen any class grand charms or balls so far. I have three chars in 90's now.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Classpecific Charms (grand charm for your class):

Pact with Shadow - Arachnid Lair
Eagleeye - Pit, Level 2
Chronicle of War - Frozen Basement
Elemental Rule - Stony Tomb, Level 2
Force of Nature - Nihlatak's Temple
Deathly Concubinage - Ancient Tunnels
Sun's Artifact - Forgotten Reliquary

To know which is what - check this. Easy to obtain and useful charm to have. The other charm with boss trophies is indeed grindy and boring, maybe numbers will be re-adjusted for next patch.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks, especially for the link. How did I miss there is english section on the site... I've been gathering info pieces with google translator. :/
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:Thanks, especially for the link. How did I miss there is english section on the site... I've been gathering info pieces with google translator. :/

If i have the time for, i will create a new website for the new version with 95% english content. I may drop german support to a minimum.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
any ETA on patch and reset? now timing is kinda bad, considering mxl 2017 is somewhere around
Rediska
Cow Ninja
1254 | 19
Common Posting Badge
I do not need to ask for long, I can at least now.
nakhuy ushel v zapoy
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm not in hurry. I don't have that much time atm but i finished Amazon, Sorc, Druid and Assassin today. Barb will only have some tweaks, Necromancer 3 new Skills and Pala will take some time, since he will get around ~10 new Skills. After that i start my last Beta-Test and hopefully after that, all CE implementations will be done.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
^ Sounds great!

Well I have now completed most of the classes, few comments just for fun:

Amazon: Poison java is crazy strong crowd killer. Poison immunes can be handled with Vehemence and Jab. Stronger single targets can be a problem as they usually have huge poison res (even Poisonous Thrust was worthless) but with enough CB/Slow Jab does the job and knockback is godly if target can be stunlocked.

Assassin: Propably the most fun char for me. I played Throw/Trap hybrid, worked awesome from start to the end. Deadly Blades multihitting is so strong against both mob and bosses, Chain of Thorns provides nice cc and Hail of Arrows is just bonus dmg on the side. Cobra Strike also helps in ubers. Synergy between those skills is just juicy.

Barbarian: Not a great crowd killer but tanky as hell and Splintershot is good bosskiller. Maybe the easiest class to beat end-game content. Iron Skin makes Hatred/Terror a joke, when you put 20 points in it you can literally walk naked on Hatred Worldstone Keep without taking any dmg (I actually tried it :)). Such high dmr/mdr on clod based mod is too good.

Druid: Mostly played elemental. Started as fire, dabbled with Wolf and switched to ice at the end of Hatred. It was easy going to the end of Hell. At ubers you start to have problems as you need more types of dmg, that's when you switch to Wolf.

Necromancer: My least favorite of all but my opinion is biased as I have always hated clod nec. I started as summoner and quickly switched to bonemancer. Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion clears areas quickly, bosses were a bit slow but still easy thanks to Decrepify and super tanky Golems. I never got him to ubers though... I had this theorycrafted build in mind, me using Bone Spear, Golems tanking and Succubus minion dealing with magic immunes with the help of Conviction aura and Lower Resist curse. Have to try that sometime.

Paladin: Holy Javelin rocks at the end. Clears mobs quickly and bosses can be withered down with Zeal/CB (to save mana) and finish with javelins. Safe to play too, good def/block and Holy Freeze slows the screen ~57% and gives about 4-5k ice dmg end-game.

Sorceress: I played a weird Hydra/Melee hybrid. Started as pure Hydra but as it works like a trap, you don't benefit from Laek/Maek so sustaining was tough, that's why I decided to add some melee action to it. Worked great, some survival problems in Hell but I was just rushing with shitty equipment. I beat Baal and for some reason forgot about her. I think melee sorc have potential to be fast uber clearer, she has access to all masteries and there are SO many on striking elemental procs on every piece of equipment.
Pro tip: Save skill points and use unique Zweihander to cast lvl 49 Enchant, if you have maxed Warmth and some points in Fire Mastery it gives great dmg/ar that lasts 20 minutes.

Few notes and suggestions:
- Assassins Blade Shield procs "on attack" procs, is this intended? With only Hellfire Torch screen can be filled with fire waves.
- With Druid it would be nice to see in skill desc the increase of missiles on Firestorm, Molten Boulder and Tornado. Also Firestorm on later lvls gets way too many missiles and causes serious stuttering.
- Druid summons are weird. Spirit wolf has static 150hp and Grizzly 880hp, still they can take quite a beating in Hell. Some skill desc error?
- Most of the boss-type superunique monsters seem to have some kind of enrage mode around 25% health when they get much more sturdy? It's a nice idea but most of those bosses can be stunlocked with ease, so in the end they are more tedious than challenging. I would love to see more fast unstunnable bosses without that enrage thing. This is propably a moot point as I know you are making new ubers for next patch.

[/rant]

Overall awesome mod! Can't wait for the next patch.