Can I ask why multilog is not allowed?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Milkshake wrote:Tbh, I really only care about being able to rush/plvl my own chars.

This is exactly why it's not allowed.

More players in game = more experience = higher drop rates (smaller no drop chance) = unfair advantages to players across the board.

Take this in the nicest way you can: Stop this thread. Complaints will get you nowhere and it's been proven across many examples and instances why multilogging would be harmful to some players and way too beneficial to others to maintain an amount of fairness. Multilogging is allowed for one extra account for muling only. Simple as that. It's very easily trackable and bannable, so just play by the rules and worry less.

Edit: To note also, Heathen already explained the bit about wanting to rush your own characters. It's a wide community. People will help. You just have to be polite and ask. Otherwise, play single player and don't worry about anything. The next patch is supposed to wipe all single player and TSW characters, and bring the same patch to single player (only difference would be the TSW-only items and the normal other things).

^ need confirmation on the next patch making it to single player, but I thought i read that somewhere on here.
Edited by Crash 6 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Well, right now its not the best moment to judge, because MOST of the players stopped playing quite long time ago and are waiting for new season. When it happens, online is going to be ~150 and thats huge pressure obviously, imagine if half of those players would log their tiwnks aswell.
Rules of this realm are ULTRA loyal and sober. You can use 2 windows to mule, you can use D2mr to reveal the map, you can bind your acc to a certain gateway even (/gs command), you can stay afk in the game (hello D2M). Admins here are really smart, and if there is a certain rule, trust me, there is a reasoning for this.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How long have you actually been playing online? The servers have been really low on players due to ladder being over-extended because of an inminent patch release (ladders usually last 3 months - current ladder is soon to be over 4 months old).

Problems of multilogging:
- Town Portal holding: this means you would have another character in the game just holding an infinite-lasting portal, which makes exploiting challenging uberquests very easy. We don't want this to be the standard way to beat uberquests.
- Buff Exploiting: joining game with multiple buff-based characters (barbarian, paladin, to mention a few).
- Exp/Drops boost: is caused by multiple players in game. Since you clearly don't seem to understand the problem with powerleveling, let me explain it: 8 player games do little to make the game actually harder (since it's mostly a monster HP buff). The downside with multiple player games however is that the total drops need to be divided by the 8 players. However, if you're multilogging 7 players in town, you basically get the better drops and faster leveling for free. Monsters having more health is trivial in the end because the experience boost will keep you over-leveled, having sufficient damage output for it to feel almost as /players 1.

Those are the main reasons, and if people were allowed to multilog, everyone would play solo with stacked characters abusing the things I mentioned above and there would really be no point in a server at all. Not even mention that multiple accounts in the servers per person would decrease the overall performance of the servers.

Call me narrow-sighted if it makes you happy, but I've been in the multiplayer median scene for 10 years now, and I'm confident the current ruleset is the way to go.
Luminiera
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
i think dude you better play at sp if that is the case
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Milkshake wrote:I don't WANT to play by myself. I WANT to play with others, but that is hard to do when there are like 5 people in public games.

AGAIN, I MOSTLY WANT IT FOR PLVL/RUSHING. You guys are being narrow-sighted.

When you created this thread I looked at the server info here: https://tsw.median-xl.com/info
and it showed 34 players in 18 games.

right now there are 30 players in 14 games. So please, stop lying. I find it funny because about an hour ago I started playing on realm once again. I only got to level 3 with my bloodzon that a guy joined my game, who wanted to give me a cc and/or items for free. I declined because I don't want help when I didn't even really start to understand the character. But it already shows that you don't need 1000 people online to find someone who's willing to help.
Just name your game in an appropriate way.

The fundamental problem is: you joined at the wrong time. Right now there are only a few people online because the ladder is quite old. In addition to that everyone is just waiting for sigma. All in all that means everyone is either waiting for the next patch or already achieved everything this ladder.

Just wait for the next ladder like everyone does, start directly at this day, make some online friends and BAM you're settled.
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig wrote:
Milkshake wrote:I don't WANT to play by myself. I WANT to play with others, but that is hard to do when there are like 5 people in public games.

AGAIN, I MOSTLY WANT IT FOR PLVL/RUSHING. You guys are being narrow-sighted.

When you created this thread I looked at the server info here: https://tsw.median-xl.com/info
and it showed 34 players in 18 games.

right now there are 30 players in 14 games. So please, stop lying. I find it funny because about an hour ago I started playing on realm once again. I only got to level 3 with my bloodzon that a guy joined my game, who wanted to give me a cc and/or items for free. I declined because I don't want help when I didn't even really start to understand the character. But it already shows that you don't need 1000 people online to find someone who's willing to help.
Just name your game in an appropriate way.

The fundamental problem is: you joined at the wrong time. Right now there are only a few people online because the ladder is quite old. In addition to that everyone is just waiting for sigma. All in all that means everyone is either waiting for the next patch or already achieved everything this ladder.

Just wait for the next ladder like everyone does, start directly at this day, make some online friends and BAM you're settled.

Lying? I don't play during European times usually, and there aren't usually a ton of people on in the evening times in the U.S. Maybe after the initial release of a patch there is a larger player base, but it doesn't make much sense to hold rules to that expectation. I've tried playing TSW, as well as some other mod realms, and they're always like this. I don't mind it all that much, but having to do act 1-5 9x for 3 chars is really damn annoying.

No arguments against stopping plvling/rushing yourself from what I can see. Only support for circumventing an obvious ease. I understand the sentiment for drop rates, but I think that is misplaced as well.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
how is the sentiment for droprates misplaced? i have known people to abuse tsw multilog in the past and they have been banned accordingly. some of the party buffs that another class can give are amazingly overpowered and id rather not introduce an environment where people feel its necessary to exploit these kinds of things. The current rule is somewhat imperfect but i prefer it very much to the alternative.

edit:spelling
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just gonna say this, there's probably no problem with plvling/rushing oneself, the problem is, if you allow multilogging, it will undoubtly be used to use buff chars, hold tps and buff drops, there's no way around this; and as many people have pointed out, if this happens then you will be forced to have p8 in every game to remain competitive. My pc can support having 8 diablos at once but even then its just a pain to log in/off from 8 accounts, lets not have this.

And dont deny it, if multilog is allowed then all of you will buff drops as much as you can, getting sp drops is tasty.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
multilog can be exploited, even if youre not going to exploit it we cant change the rules for everyone because if that happens someone is going to exploit it

so it cant be done

idk what is so hard to understand about this
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Lol this thread is hilarious.