Eastern Sun Mod

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How you dyer your items?
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jampula wrote:
Pain wrote:
Works for me.

It gives me 403 forbidden error :mrgreen: looks like its banned for my inet.

Well here is copy-paste, a bit messy but most important stuff is there anyway. :D
► Show Spoiler

cool, all i needed 8-) btw do you know how to run this mod with d2se and plugy?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
LoDAlphA wrote:@Jampula: Wanna make a bet if you edited the right file?:P Go into Patch_D2.mpq and delete the PlugyFixed.ini. Together with your previous edits that should fix your issue.

You lost me... how do I get into .mpq file?

Edit: oh wait, scratch that, I wasn't even using latest version or visual studio.

@Pain Yes that's how I play but there are propably some more qualified guys to tell you how.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
LoDAlphA wrote:
+1 to an evil force :lol: nostalgy

Where did you see that?

Cheers
AlphA

Hej, I see you develop this nice mod still, where can I put some feedback about game balance etc? I played it a lot in past, cool to see its not dead.
LoDAlphA
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
You can either join our Discord, our post your feedback here.

@Jampula You need WinMPQ. Check this Website

Cheers
AlphA
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
LoDAlphA wrote:You can either join our Discord, our post your feedback here.

@Jampula You need WinMPQ. Check this Website

Cheers
AlphA

Cool, reading it ATM, I see you gonna use some stuff and ideas I used in my mod. Will post feedback today evening 8-)
LoDAlphA
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
@Pain: Got a link to your mod? Always interested to see other stuff and try new things.

Patch is up on github Eastern Sun 5.1c. Please follow those instructions to install the mod. People already installed the mod obviously can skip Step 1.

Step 1: Install the ES Com version which can be found on the Snejportal.
Step 2: Remove all Tokens, Weapons with Quantity, Keys, Tome of Townportal and Tome of Identify (if you wanna keep all items with Quantity, go to D2Mod.ini and change SaveBits=14 to SaveBits=9. However, you wont be able to play with people who have a different value.
Step 3: Copy all files from this folder directly into the ES Com folder. You should overwrite some files.
Step 4: Remove Utility.dll, D2AnimatedItems.dll and Statfix.dll (from previous patches)
Step 5: If you can load your Character, delete the charname.d2x file
Step 6: Replace all Damage Augmenters with new ones

Edit: Released a small hotfix. Please redownload the data folder and the d2mod.ini and D2Bufficons.dll. It should work now for everyone, Mnw1995 fixed a bug that caused a crash relateded to statfix.dll and D2SmallUtility.dll In case its not working. Update/Install Visual Studio 15.

Cheers
AlphA
Edited by LoDAlphA 6 years.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
LoDAlphA wrote:@Pain: Got a link to your mod? Always interested to see other stuff and try new things.

Patch is up on github Eastern Sun 5.1c. Please follow those instructions to install the mod. People already installed the mod obviously can skip Step 1.

Step 1: Install the ES Com version which can be found on the Snejportal.
Step 2: Remove all Tokens, Weapons with Quantity, Keys, Tome of Townportal and Tome of Identify (if you wanna keep all items with Quantity, go to D2Mod.ini and change SaveBits=14 to SaveBits=9. However, you wont be able to play with people who have a different value.
Step 3: Copy all files from this folder directly into the ES Com folder. You should overwrite some files.
Step 4: Remove Utility.dll, D2AnimatedItems.dll and Statfix.dll (from previous patches)
Step 5: If you can load your Character, delete the charname.d2x file
Step 6: Replace all Damage Augmenters with new ones

Cheers
AlphA

Nope, I didn't release it even after 5 years of working lol, due to lacking of time. But its also clod based mod with tons of code editing and balancing features. Mainly skills, items, exp and crafts
LoDAlphA
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Any reason for never releasing it? Did you made just for yourself? Got any screens to share?

Cheers
AlphA
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
LoDAlphA wrote:Any reason for never releasing it? Did you made just for yourself? Got any screens to share?

Cheers
AlphA

I have bad health and low time to release such big project solo :/ got around 60% done. I will post some screenies when come home from working