Grim Dawn: AoM

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
cheloo
Sasquatch
68 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well, its pretty solid, from my experience, though I rarely play multi. Most known issues are gettin fixed, from my point of view it all comes down to the "area" you're from, a player from US might lag in my EU game server.
Crate really takes into consideration player problems and are very dedicated into fixing all. Best $$$ spent on any game I've bought so far, those guys rly deserve it.
XtremeJim90
Destroyer
6 | 0
awesome game
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hello! Are there still some active players around? How did the game change in last year? Did devs add any meaningful endgame content, dynamic/interesting gameplay? Or are they just messing with dmg values and such?
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Trailer to addon:

Mikebringer
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Hey, I really dig the game!

The crucible DLC adds a form of endgame through challenging fights and arena survival style gameplay. There's a new skeleton key dungeon, that's also decently challenging.

A few items and skills got changed to open up more viable builds ( like a sword that converts any elemental damage you deal to physical) and received tweaks.

How meaningful all that is up to the player though, since the game thrives on making new builds with the new cool legendary you found. There's no specific challenges to test it like median ubers - just passing the hardest difficulty or achieving a goal you put for yourself.

Overall I really love it and can't wait to grab the expansion, been waiting whole summer. It's gonna radically change the game, because the developers managed to add skill modifiers (engine issues prevented it before) and the level cap will be raised to 100. Because of that old items will receive a balance pass (and new stats probably) and be reintroduced for the new cap. Hype!
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What's a good class combo to start with? Preferably caster or ranged playstyle. I was thinking about arcanist and using that lazer spell(aether ray?), but from what I've read it relies on gear a lot. I was also considering necro, but he seems to be a melee wdm/summoner class so not really what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
So, who did try that expansion thing? Is it any good?
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Poor mahitovec desperately trying to find games to play ... :calm:
Rediska
Cow Ninja
1254 | 19
Common Posting Badge
anonim khuynyu poresh :),ty by yeshche sinim tekstom napisal,kak odin mudak eto chasto delayet.
all the right mahi asked, I'm also very curious what this new update is.
mieszok
Skeleton
2 | 0
mahitovec wrote:So, who did try that expansion thing? Is it any good?

It's challenging, truly. Brings in one new hostile faction(beasts), and the reputation with them goes downhill really fast. Stumbled upon their nemesis spawn in the new act on elite difficulty, after starting a new character. The pressure to get some resistances is high, there's more ranged/caster type mobs now, and they survive the tons of damage more often, just to hit back.

The two new acts have some decent plot going on by themselves, and they resolve the Ulgrim topic as well, which was left hanging after the fight with Logg. Plus some nice lore notes, and dialogue options to enlighten the player a bit. Even though you might argue that the monsters in 6th act are mostly only retextured, there's still plenty of new guys to watch out for. Took me a good several hours to get through new content on normal difficulty.

There's plenty of "updated" old legendaries and epics, with higher level req and stat bonuses due to the +15 level cap, lots of blueprints, and so on. Haven't tried crucible yet, to see if the new stuff appears in there as well, both drop- and monster-wise. You also get upped devotion points cap, 55 vs 50 in the base, and some new constelations.

Just recently hit 100 on my necromancer-occultist vitality sapper, but still gotta finish the campaign on ultimate with him.
Together with the new classes you're also getting enlarged stash tabs, as well as fully separated 5-tab personal stash, and a 5-tab shared stash. Some of the old gear was modified to include bonuses for the inquisitor/necro, and some new affixes appeard, like +XX dmg to certain skill, or damage converted from X to Y on certain skill.

And some friendly heads-up: there's no "cross-version" multiplayer, vanilla plays with vanilla, AoM plays with AoM.