Ladder Reset - Patch XVr III is live!

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kiki22vu wrote:Biggest Mxl problem imo since ages is u have access to all kind of items very fast. Runes, AC, shrines etc. wich makes it very easy to progress and kill stuff while lvling in no time. Even for late game there is nothing much wich u need to grind for to get ur stuff rdy for ubers.

Look at the uniq act boss rain for example, from a3 norm Meph drops 2 uniqs or 3 dont remember and after u farm it few times u are able to create tier5-6 stuff in no time and just steamroll everything in your way to dest.

Theres a bunch of things wich should be cahnged to make the MP play more attractive and especially norm and nm more challenging and fun but its what it is.

Anyway back to grinding my vex rune in clod for hoto rw :lol:

Hej, the problem is three step difficulty, not that we got early available multiple options to pick gear. How long and when you grinding first difficulties? Most people do only on start of their ladder or when they go fully untwinked. People insta go on Destruction to hit Ubers and no matter how you could lower drop from runes/ac/shrines, they will still rush for challenging parts of the game. So as you see early difficulties arent problem with their drops but that it lack some sort of challenges bound only to them and with max lvl req. For example different kinds of stats to pick once per difficulty with special quests, but limited to be not possible to reset or pass. Only that kind of changes can keep people repeating continuously all difficulties without rushing over balance between gear level req to the content difficulty. The problem with those kind of changes is game engine limitations so maybe Laz and Marco did whats best to that point with it. I got also feeling that no matter how you change game people will still optimize they playstyle to speedruns, enjoyment of game content and lower difficulty is in peoples mind and their prefferences as i mentioned untwinked. What i forgot to add is that we should think about hatred and terror with its current state as invite for totally fresh players, even if they dont read whole documentation bible or new/old forums they got chance to learn about mechanics by obtaining different kind of drops.

But thats what we can talk about current state of game. Sigma will be different experience so we should be patient and we should open our minds for changes Marco and Whist working on.

Cheers
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
That makes sense.
Imagine situation where su drop is low, and there is no way to cheese any boss efficiently.
Then runes above level 100 are very rare like uniques.
Shrines are rare, so you can't just farm terror to craft forever.
Tiered uniques don't drop from act bosses, they only have chance for drop, but reasonably small.

What would people do? :)
Low runewords, some crappy crafts, rares? It would be at least interesting to see in theory. Not sure if too much fun though.

As for unique drops. Imo best way to get them should be through farm of hardest uberlevels. Just not too many per run, but enough to make it better than some boss cheesing. Then imho game feels most rewarding to play.
It is just important to maintain this balance, and make sure hardest uberlevels drop better than easier ones. In many versions, for example TA used to be bit too good and easy, so it was more efficient than harder ubers, making them pretty much pointless.

Median in general is bit lacking in sense of progression. Imo it is good tip for future versions, to make more really rare but good items for some core builds, or even new good builds. That become a currency.
I remember old days where people traded for example javazon gear, helepolis, stuff like that, it was making big difference and it meant something to have one. Of course that feeling was gone in short time when eventually everyone and their mom had one :)
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Having a boss that drops a set amount of uniques on death (that have a high chance to spawn as sacred) isn't a good concept imo, is there a reason that kabraxis and terul have static drops? I get why uldy has for example because he is a bitch to kill and it takes a while, so you might as well get good items if you get a shitty roll, but having a garanteed way of getting 2 su's every 10 minutes is just silly.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
In b4 Greg shows up and suggests removing all items.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
[blue]Keep the off topic. Not like marco knows what he wants to do XD![/blue]
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kiki22vu wrote:Look at the uniq act boss rain for example, from a3 norm Meph drops 2 uniqs or 3 dont remember and after u farm it few times u are able to create tier5-6 stuff in no time and just steamroll everything in your way to dest.

You could also say that you can farm blood moor 50 times before going into cold plains and then you'd have perfect gray items and steamroll cold plains. I believe I said this in other topics but in clod, you beat hell baal and you did like 95% of the game content (assuming MP play). In median it's certainly below 50%. It's not a problem that the acting is fast-paced. Remember when laz made levels 115-120 really slow to get and then was reverted due to complaints? Reality is, the regular MXL player wants to hit 120 and start farming ubers.

aerial wrote:Median in general is bit lacking in sense of progression. Imo it is good tip for future versions, to make more really rare but good items for some core builds, or even new good builds. That become a currency.
I remember old days where people traded for example javazon gear, helepolis, stuff like that, it was making big difference and it meant something to have one.

There is a sense of progression imho, but I agree about the "really rare items" thing I feel median always lacked. Just not the way you propose it. It's good to have items like danmaku, but they have their negative side effects too, i.e. people just assume you cannot play javazon without it and any other shields just get completely ignored.

I think the proper approach is to have as a currency something that can be used for multiple purposes or builds, such as runes, reagents or non class-specifics. Here I feel unknown skulls did a pretty decent job as people adopted it as one of the main currencies, together with TG. Also natasha's armor did a good job here too as it's one of the things that gave a meaning to skulls, and it's an item that can be used by a big amount of builds.

To be able to have these cool features in the future it is necessary to first lower all stats on all items in the game. Some items have become ridiculously strong at this point, they give just too many valuable stats.
vadust
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
It is always funny to see that people continue thinking that Marco will make mod easier than it was.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
vadust wrote:It is always funny to see that people continue thinking that Marco will make mod easier than it was.

I dont see anybody said that. All you can see is nerf hammer this or that and asking about more challenge.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
If marco makes this mod easier, I'll play D3. Pls, dont make me play d3..........
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Somnus wrote:If marco makes this mod easier, I'll play D3. Pls, dont make me play d3..........

If he does, D3 will still be easier O-)