Ban appeal?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
kealmir
Destroyer
7 | 0
I got banned for multilogging? I was opening boxes for gear earlier today and I traded them to my barb trying to get a belt, I thought was allowed... There was one instance where the client warned me about leaving town when I forgot to close the other client but It was only for a moment before I closed it.

At the time I was banned I was only logged into one account playing with a friend, I can't find a place to appeal this but I'm a new player and am really enjoying the mod thus far.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
if this is your first ban its temporary. after 5 minutes you should be able to connect TSW and see how long you have to wait to get back in.

Muling with yourself is allowed. just mule item and log out. dont play with your character if you have mule account open. :)
kealmir
Destroyer
7 | 0
I just checked and it said just under 12 hours, I guess that's fine. I was hoping to get to play more now that it's the weekend, but oh well.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kealmir wrote:I just checked and it said just under 12 hours, I guess that's fine. I was hoping to get to play more now that it's the weekend, but oh well.

next time be more careful with accounts and what you do when they are open :)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I dont mean to be mean (pun totally intented), but i dont understand why ppl cant read the rules before playing.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:I dont mean to be mean (pun totally intented), but i dont understand why ppl cant read the rules before playing.

On the other hand... who does? It's like reading the terms of service. Nobody reads that.

If you know how to behave you won't encounter a problem. Muling is a different matter though. But luckily there's a temporary ban for that.
kealmir
Destroyer
7 | 0
Istaryu wrote:I dont mean to be mean (pun totally intented), but i dont understand why ppl cant read the rules before playing.

I did, but my knowledge of Diablo is pretty much just playing D3 every season for a couple weeks. I have no idea what's the norm around a community that has as much depth as this one.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Rules are simple, don't be stupid and dont cheat/hack.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
muling (what you did) is okay as long as you don't leave town, afaik - so leaving town was what did you in and changed what you did from muling to multilogging

sorry you had this experience, be more careful in the future. love to see new players! :-D