Question about character transfer

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Gordon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey everyone.
I just recently found this awesome mod and went to install it, and went right into the single player. I saw that non of my old characters were present, so I moved them into the 'save' file in the Diablo 2 directory. I tried loading my old character (Level 23 Barbarian) but it kept saying "Bad character stats data. This may not be a character from this mod" (As in the attached screenshot).
I just wanted to know if there is a way for me to use my old character in this mod or do I have to start a new one?
I am using the Launcher and the game wasn't updated to 1.14.
Thanks in advance
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
No, you can't use characters of older Median versions for this one due to the huge rework
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Gordon wrote:Hey everyone.
I just recently found this awesome mod and went to install it, and went right into the single player. I saw that non of my old characters were present, so I moved them into the 'save' file in the Diablo 2 directory. I tried loading my old character (Level 23 Barbarian) but it kept saying "Bad character stats data. This may not be a character from this mod" (As in the attached screenshot).
I just wanted to know if there is a way for me to use my old character in this mod or do I have to start a new one?
Thanks in advance

Median 2017 added a whole new core to the game which enabled us to do a lot more stuff that we were not able to do before but the downside of it was that all previous median version chars became incompatible, so u will have to start a new char. Seeing how ur char was not very high lvl, it should not be too much of a trouble.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Gordon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Rishab wrote:
Thanks in advance

Median 2017 added a whole new core to the game which enabled us to do a lot more stuff that we were not able to do before but the downside of it was that all previous median version chars became incompatible, so u will have to start a new char. Seeing how ur char was not very high lvl, it should not be too much of a trouble.

But my old character wasn't created or played in any old version on Median, just in the regular Diablo 2 game. Isn't there a way to salvage it?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ofc not, its a modded .mpq file altogether. not compatible with regular clod characters.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gordon wrote:
Rishab wrote:
Thanks in advance

But my old character wasn't created or played in any old version on Median, just in the regular Diablo 2 game. Isn't there a way to salvage it?

Consider Median XL a completely new game. There's not a single skill left from the original version and every item has been changed. So of course, if those old skills don't exist anymore, you can't play this character anymore as the new game doesn't know those skills/items.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Dude, the error msg is literally telling u what u r doing wrong, the save file is not of this mod so how will it work in this mod... I thought u were trying to play previous median version char..
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
:microwave: I knew there were stupid people in this world but o.O
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rishab wrote:Dude, the error msg is literally telling u what u r doing wrong, the save file is not of this mod so how will it work in this mod... I thought u were trying to play previous median version char..

We all live and learn, we should always assume the worst... :mrgreen:
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Besides , reaching lvl 23 with any class is very fast and ez enough , even for the difficulty spike of median vs clod. 2 hours tops. You wont lose out on much. Get to tristram , level up there til 18/19 , its pretty easy. You will probably hit andariel at around lvls 21'ish or so.