Bow Druid - WIP

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

ImageThis is a bow druid reference and guide targeted at newer players. It is a very fun build that is viable from start to end game. Different item and skill combinations lead to endless possibilities for both farming and utility. This guide is in its infancy stages but should still be able to help newer players bring up their own bow druid. The other bow druid guides are outdated and on the old forum as well. The guide starts off with character creation and ends at the end of 'mid game'. Some builds may complete certain tasks easier but they will not be listed since this is a bow druid guide. I will still be suggesting advice on different Uberquests. I will not be providing the next list of end-game items like
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
and
Knight's Grace
Knight's Grace
Greaves (Sacred)

Defense: (2232 - 2481) to (2519 - 2799)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
2% Chance to cast level 35 Knife Throw on Striking
+1 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 10-25 Damage
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(15 to 25) to all Attributes
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements +20%
Socketed (4)
. If you can obtain these items then you should start writing your own guide to help others attain godliness. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the guide!

Pros:
- Very fun gameplay
- Fast and easy farming
- Broad item possibilities

Cons:
- Slow single target killer
- Slow early game compared to casters and traprat
- Very item dependent

STOP

* * * * * Read over the documentation HERE if you haven't already! * * * * *

Reading the documentation is critical to be a successful Median XL player. The docs (documentation) cover changes between new versions, cube recipes, uniques, runewords, questing information, and basic concepts like how defense works. This guide assumes that you have read the documentation and will not cover topics such as how to make unique items or runewords.

ImagePlease note that these aren't my videos and from earlier game versions. The same general build mechanics are still the same! Credits are located at the bottom of the guide. I will be replacing these videos with my own in time.

ImageReward & Starter Skills:
► Show Spoiler

Bow:
► Show Spoiler

Wolf:
► Show Spoiler

Mage:
► Show Spoiler

Venom:
► Show Spoiler

O-Skill:
► Show Spoiler

Average Skillpoint Planner - Bow druids typically have a very straight forward setup.

Your stat placement is going to differ from other's based on what items you currently have equipped.

Strength: The more strength you invest, the more damage you will do with druid bows.

Dexterity: The more dexterity you invest, the more damage you will do with regular bows. Keep an eye on your dexterity even if you have a druid bow because your attack rating still needs to be high enough to hit monsters.

Vitality: Investing points in Goodberry should give us enough life to not need any vitality points.

Energy: No.

Getting started with a bow druid can be a little bit slower than other builds but that ends as soon as we get a couple good items.

Tips and Tricks:
► Show Spoiler

Leveling:
Adventuring through the game from start to finish is the best way to play Median. Sometimes its hard to get through the initial start of a bow druid though. If you are having difficulties then proceed to Tristram. Tristram can be replayed for Griswald's boxes which drop up to Tier 2 unique bows, boots, and a special helm. Level 17 can be reached while farming boxes in just a few minutes. Then adventure to act 2 and replay sewers until level 26, if your still having trouble. Then proceed to adventure throughout Hatred normally. This will help you gain an advantage over the rest of the difficulty. If you don't find enough unique items to create the items listed below, the act bosses can be slain each game for unique items.

Items:
► Show Spoiler

ImageWelcome to Terror difficulty. Before proceeding, it would be wise to have at least the following:
  • 1500 Attack Rating
  • Around 15,000 Defense
  • 1000 Damage
  • Character Level 50
  • 80 Resistances

Gear
► Show Spoiler

Mercenaries
► Show Spoiler

ImageLevel Challenge 1
► Show Spoiler

Level Challenge 2
► Show Spoiler

Ennead Challenge
► Show Spoiler

Black Road Challenge
► Show Spoiler

Minigames and Monster Tokens
► Show Spoiler

ImageWelcome to Destruction difficulty. Before proceeding, it would be wise to have at least the following, if not more:
  • 50,000 defense
  • Enough attack rating to hit 90% of the time
  • Character level 120
  • 80 to all resistances
  • 86% faster hit recovery
  • 5,000 life
  • Challenges other than BRC

You can use Speed Calculator to accurately read breakpoints.
You can use D2Stats Reader to calculate where you are in your quest to achieve the above numbers.

Items:
► Show Spoiler

Dungeon Uberquests
► Show Spoiler

Summoning Uberquests
► Show Spoiler

Uber Levels
► Show Spoiler

Heroic Levels
► Show Spoiler

ImageMXL Team
Vadust
manafire
Obstul taburet
Betianu Alin

Thanks to those providing criticism and information to make this guide better.
Please let me know if I missed anything in the sections I've already written. More to come soon.
Edited by Loremaster 6 years.
majinvegito123
Thunder Beetle
51 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
First. AWESOME GUIDE!!!!!!
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Thanks. I want to add a lot more stuff but I needed to start somewhere!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You might want to fix the Deadfall part.

Also , gj on giving props to laughing ghost. i though i was the only one who really liked that skill rather than just seeing it as a starter skill only.
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Prime_Evil wrote:You might want to fix the Deadfall part.

Also , gj on giving props to laughing ghost. i though i was the only one who really liked that skill rather than just seeing it as a starter skill only.

Thanks, fixing now
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think your comment on Faerie Fire wants to say "your dmg is high, but survivability is low"

But I wouldnt put points into vita, with berries your pool should be enough, you ain't no tank anyway
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The addition of werewolf is completely unnecessary, you have a few naming issues as well. You also don't need vit as Necro has already said, no need to get @45 res before sewers in A2 either, it's just pointless farming for a small area, the amount of time it takes to get some gold for mystic orbs or even getting the right gems would surpass the amount of time you even spend in a2 + 3; you shouldn't have a problem with resistances until A5, at the minimum a4.

You should probably add which base items you should use for runewords and crafting, along with what to put in sockets if this guide is meant to be aimed at newer players.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Get some more work into this and preferably your own videos from the current patch compared to videos done by other players x years ago. This is a start to what may become a very popular guide I'd like to see it through. Add some content, work on some formatting. More images are appealing to help breakup text walls. Keep it up and we could be looking at a very popular guide here. Nice job so far. Cookie'd now, but would like to see more added.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
as far as i know the werewolf passive doenst work anymore if you arent morphed. correct me if im wrong about mxl 2017
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
You can add eth rw in belt for +10-15 all resist in early game.