I'm making a challenge mod for a friend.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
"Hey make me a mod where various monsters from across the game are remixed across all the areas."

Honestly don't know what I'm doing. Just tossing stuff around like a salad to throw a few surprises for him.

Blood Moor: Blood Golems, Flesh Hunters (Life Tap and Prayer), and Maw Fiends (Eats bodies to get bone armor and teeth). Right now the blood golems are friendly, but that will change :P

Den of Evil: All of the above, Fallen and Shamans, Quill Rats and Bears, and Putrid Defilers that create more blood golems. Corpsefire is now a blood golem and has more boss properties.

void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Cool. :D
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cold plains need temple spires. And more blood golems ofc.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bishibosh now spam summons Warped ones, and respawns them.

Coldcrow has... well

Blood Raven now has a true army of undead (mob density is from hell difficulty, will be much lower in early levels). The Crypts have identical monsters.

Cold Plains have very chilly monsters, crows (obviously will be renamed), and rogues that deal cold damage.

billy500
Empty Cooky Jar
878 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cool! You should make the bosses do attacks based on their names, For example, Diablo makes your minions or you (if possible) to run away, Baal destroys equipment, etc. Also make it so the cow level instead of walking cows make them the cows that spawn in the houses, in town, etc, and make them explode like on the dead bodies! :D

(also this message has hit me up to 404 posts. I just love that error.)
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
billy500 wrote:Cool! You should make the bosses do attacks based on their names

More or less what I'm trying to do I think. Always found it odd that there are plastered names across the areas and enemies but they hardly mean anything.
billy500
Empty Cooky Jar
878 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah I know, I never really got that. Just lying about with their names never actually doing anything.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Designed blood raven with one of my old concepts - Invincible enemies that swarm around and protect her. When she dies, her death spell kills off the invincible minions and drop some nice loot as part of the boss reward.

Black Marsh has Frogs, Shadow Masters (going to be renamed into Invisible Entities.) They teleport on sight and cast cloak of shadows on low health (which blinds minions and mercs), and Water Beasts with modified AI so they always appear above ground.

Dark Wood is going to have a lot of undead spirits of animals and creatures. Working on first trying to figure out how monprop works, because for whatever the reason the most basic stuff does not work. If anyone has any advice let me know.

Dead Catapult

Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
"...And so it came to pass that the Countess, who once bathed in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins, was buried alive... And her castle in which so many cruel deeds took place fell rapidly into ruin. Rising over the buried dungeons in that god-forsaken wilderness, a solitary tower, like some monument to Evil, is all that remains. The Countess' fortune was believed to be divided among the clergy, although some say that more remains unfound, still buried alongside the rotting skulls that bear mute witness to the inhumanity of the human creature."

Are you sure that this fiend is human anymore?

Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
you could add a property to all monsters that buffs them. easy way to make the game harder.

monprop.txt, propX field
then define the prop in properties.txt and add some stats to it by filling out the statX field.

you can look a the mon-buff property from cmxl files for a reference.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017