I'm making a challenge mod for a friend.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Quirinus wrote:you could add a property to all monsters that buffs them. easy way to make the game harder.

monprop.txt, propX field
then define the prop in properties.txt and add some stats to it by filling out the statX field.

you can look a the mon-buff property from cmxl files for a reference.

Figures, I was using the name ID for the params when it requires the #ID, unlike every other text file :\

Decided to make the Invisible Entities reveal themselves when you hit them, making them weaker as a result. Don't know if I'll keep using the mummy sprite or something else.

Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Got Dark Wood cracking. Wolverine Spirits with buff auras, Werebears with Maul, and Werewolves with Fury (which hits pretty hard). The transofrmed monsters have a human appearance after death.

So I found a cheap workaround to make invisible enemies without .dcc editing. I made the base rogue so that they would have their weapons and armor, give them a state of a class morph so they are invisible (and after a lot of testing, do not seem to animation lock), then give them their morph back to normal when struck. I figured out about class morphs after looking how decoy functions, and took it from there. I was hoping to have a cheap method to make enemies appear as classes, but their animations are quite clearly named and categorized differently then monsters. It did however lead me into a more sinister idea...

Flesh Archers in Den of Evil grant an invisibility aura. Making this work right and fairly was kind of interesting. The aura works by simply granting a class morph to the user and all allies, making them invisible and untargetable. Auras and debuffs such as stuns or curses will still appear however. The one problem though is that I was trying to find a good way to tell the player where the unit was.

1st thought was to give the aura a function like Oak Sage, where the bearer of the aura gets no effect but everyone else does. The problem though was that if another archer spawned, all the archers would become invisible.

2nd attempt was to use the Oblivion Knight AI. Their AI is designed to cast a spell if you are in melee range, then run away. So I thought about giving them teleport and blaze; they would appear in front of you, cast a spell that would tell you where they are, then run away. Of course you would need to dodge the fire and use it as a lead to where they are. The problems that occurred though was the AI would weirdly animation lock (even with the original oblivion knight sprite) for no clear reason, and the melee ability casted seems to only function if you give them a curse like their original decrepify. I attempted to make a "Blazing Orders" spell, which would give them and their allies all blaze, but blaze and battle orders are two separate functions. The most I could get out of it was a patch of fire from their initial cast.

Then I tried Blood Raven's AI. While not customize-able with parameters, it does what I wanted it to do; Run away a lot and use blaze to guide you where they are. Perfect!

Also changed Corpsefire to this new enemy, with exploding arrows instead of Fire arrows the normal versions have.

Up next; Stony Field, Tristram, and Underground Passage.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Exams coming up so I gotta stop fun stuff for a bit.

Have Rakanishu - He creates these eyes (unused necromancer familiars that weren't finished) that constantly damage you with holy shock and have a nova death. Rakanishu annoyingly teleports around when struck, and uses thunderstorm when on low health.

Was going to work on Bishibosh and change him up to be some firegod, but I couldn't get some missiles to behave just right, so I'll try him another time.

Edit: Okay last minute tweak because of Onions keeping me up.

void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
2 months since last post means you stopped working on this, segolia?
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
void wrote:2 months since last post means you stopped working on this, segolia?

Yep. School happened, and said friend lost interest in D2. (shrug)