[ANNI] Annihilus Patch 6.1 is Live

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Vav
Bone Archer
75 | 6
Jampula wrote:Started a week late, oh well... I thought I was a badass and started self-found barb but act bosses are a pain. Managed to get to Meph (btw Council members have waaay too much hp, I was immortal against them but killing took forever) and that's it.

I'll start a static field sorc and try to team up with people.

Better late than never! Actually probably better now since most (not all) of the kinks are worked out :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How rare/valuable essences are? I just found essence of Rage and seems like I could make some crazy strong rare weapon with it (as soon as I find some elite high ilvl rare base that is), I'm just wondering should I save it or use it...

Anyway, Sorc is now lvl 80 and made a javazon that is on her 70's. I didn't realize starting is so fast and people seem to rarely play the early game. It's kinda lame and kinda cool that now that I have the sorc, I can boost my other chars to Hell in few minutes, start hell cow running and before you know it all classes are around 80.
Vav
Bone Archer
75 | 6
Jampula wrote:How rare/valuable essences are? I just found essence of Rage and seems like I could make some crazy strong rare weapon with it (as soon as I find some elite high ilvl rare base that is), I'm just wondering should I save it or use it...

Anyway, Sorc is now lvl 80 and made a javazon that is on her 70's. I didn't realize starting is so fast and people seem to rarely play the early game. It's kinda lame and kinda cool that now that I have the sorc, I can boost my other chars to Hell in few minutes, start hell cow running and before you know it all classes are around 80.

Yeah its not too hard to get started, but there is just so much endgame to do, thats where it all begins. Essences aren't too rare because you usually need quite a few to make a killer rare, but people do very actively use them. Rares have a very good spot in Annihilus now, and people often buy several essences together then they decide to do some rare rolling.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes I noticed rares can roll some awesome mods and have really helped me progress in the game. Figured that endgame is where the real fun begins, just like in Median.

Is there some other nice places I could farm than cows? I mean with poor man's gear, some place with similiar difficulty as hcows?
Vav
Bone Archer
75 | 6
Jampula wrote:Yes I noticed rares can roll some awesome mods and have really helped me progress in the game. Figured that endgame is where the real fun begins, just like in Median.

Is there some other nice places I could farm than cows? I mean with poor man's gear, some place with similiar difficulty as hcows?

Most people try to go to the red portals in Act 5 after that, but its a pretty decent jump in difficulty. You can definitely try tier 1 maps if you've found any, take them to the mysterious cellar in the house next to the entrance of Harrogath and right-click them to open portals to the map.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I didn't see this new monster in the patch notes
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Fallen Shaman's fireballs deal way too much damage , almost overkill for a lvl 2/3 character trying to do den of evil in melee. Dont know if this is intentional or not but when you can take hordes of fallen + zombies around you but instamelt to 1 or 2 fireballs its kind of disheartening.
Vav
Bone Archer
75 | 6
Prime_Evil wrote:Fallen Shaman's fireballs deal way too much damage , almost overkill for a lvl 2/3 character trying to do den of evil in melee. Dont know if this is intentional or not but when you can take hordes of fallen + zombies around you but instamelt to 1 or 2 fireballs its kind of disheartening.

Indeed it is strong, its almost become a meme of Annihilus. However it is very, very slow, and easy to dodge.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Now I'm starting to get the hang of this.
Essences have started to drop more frequently and made some nice rares. I just can't decide which char to put my main focus on, atm building sorc, ama and barb at the same time. :)

I noticed you can hold ctrl and click on the item to put it on the cube/stash/inv/drop. Are there some more hotkeys?
Vav
Bone Archer
75 | 6
Jampula wrote:Now I'm starting to get the hang of this.
Essences have started to drop more frequently and made some nice rares. I just can't decide which char to put my main focus on, atm building sorc, ama and barb at the same time. :)

I noticed you can hold ctrl and click on the item to put it on the cube/stash/inv/drop. Are there some more hotkeys?

Theres some minor stuff, like alt + f1 locks cursor into the window in windowed mode, theres a hotkey to invite everyone to party but I cannot remember it for the life of me right now! And oh yes, when essence crafting comes into play thats when it gets fun :)