Back to forgotten mods

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Latest Mystery Chest drops in Nez mod. Satan and Lucifer still didn't drop a Skill Amulet :(
Image Image Image Image
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
that chest graphic is unacceptable lol
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hey, so I'm playing Nezeramontias again and I just beat normal Baal with my Amazon, I'm level 51 and hunting for dolls (according to THIS post, I want to get that All Are One charm), what is the chance of a doll dropping? I got the Blood Raven and Griswold dolls pretty fast,I bought the Tyrael doll in a4,I got the Duriel doll on my first attempt, Radament on 2nd or 3rd but I've already killed the Countess like 30-40 times with no luck. If anybody's willing to trade for it then I'm going to throw away everything I've got just for the fucking dolls,lol
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Frytas

Its the same situation when people farm MXL trophies with no luck, doing 100+ runs. Actually you can increase your playersX settings in order to see more drops from a boss, so he/she will eventually drop a doll. This is one of the major challenges you have to complete. Luck based indeed but certainly worth it. Also, the higher difficulty is, the more chances to see a doll drop. For example, Hell Izual often dropped 2-4 dolls at once on players1. Not that it can help you finding dolls on Normal but still... If you are so desperate but at the same time, having a powerful caharacter, you can try killing Countess on Nightmare. I got all dolls on Normal, with Coldworm doll being the toughest to get (low drop chance, huge abd tedious Maggot Lair level) but after all, it's only matter of luck and time until you gather all dolls.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You're right about Coldworm,just wasted 3 hours trying to get its doll with no success (on p8,too),guess I will wait till I reach faggot lair on nightmare and try again then.

edit:

holy shit it's beautiful
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bump because nobody will see it otherwise

Alright so I've recently beaten nightmare and I tried farming that treasure area in a5,but my damage is too low for that,I also tried Kagero dungeon on nightmare and it was going alright but by lvl 4 I stopped doing enough damage and kept getting stuck in stun/dodgelock,followed by dying miserably. I can farm these areas on normal just fine but there isn't much point to it,other than the occasional soul drops.

I already have Titan's Revenge so there isn't much room for improvement there,I'm using 2 hell bovine's souls from nightmare and that's not bad imo,rest of the gear is pretty bad though(some low level uniques and rares).

My main issue is that javelin nova seems to base its damage off of my Javelin's attack damage,rather than the throw damage,so just because of that I'm losing a good amount of dps. Also instead of using the attack animation it uses the cast animation,which is much slower. I decided to try good old Lightning fury instead but it was comparable at best and much slower at worst(especially at close range). I want to be able to farm Kagero and treasure area on nightmare, but I can't do it right now.

My current build is:
1p jav nova,
2p every dodge skill,
1p Valkyrie,
4p penetrate,
1p pierce,
5p exp passive,
3p crit passive(though I've yet to see any actual crits),
rest into javelin mastery.

So how do I improve my character,any tips?
(inb4 just roll a barb)

Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
I've just looked through my Shared Stash and haven't found a javelin which could be better than yours :( Pretty sure that there are better ones that can be dropped in Act V uber but if I don't have them atm (I farmed treasure maggots a lot) they seem to be rather rare (or I wasn't lucky enough to find them).

All in all, your damage seems to be rather low for Nightmare ubers. As for the druid I used unique druid-only amulets (Nature Symbols) that had adds X-Y damage. I remember when I equipped them (a minor one and, later, its enhanced version), they increased my damage dramatically. Try to find items with such a modifier. Use that french link to see full unique list in Nez mod to find out if there are any items that can be helpful. http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=752633
Cypress
Skeleton
2 | 1
Frytas wrote:So how do I improve my character,any tips?

Get rid of dodge, evoid and evade. These skills only barely work on reasonable mods, and Nezaramontias is the least reasonable mod when it comes to getting stun locked.

Pick up a quill rat soul and assume your new form forever, because it will be better than anything else you can get. For your second soul, use Hephasto since it has amplify damage and most importantly concentration, which reduces the amount of stun you will suffer.

Get rid of javelins. Just pick up any weapon that gains maximum damage per character level, or damage based on kills if you want to grind a ton of kills, which is easy with quill shot.

You should also have one of the uber charms made. All it needs are the easy (non-uber level) act boss/superunique dolls.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Glory of Nephilim

This mod can easily be called farm master 2000. It has that old spirit of hack and slash games where you just go out of town and just brainlesly kill anything in your way. Then you come back to town for a short moment, switch to better gears and head out again. Towns are changed into smaller, some act bosses are in different locations - farming them is easier. Jewels are removed from drops, you have to craft them and basically they are involved in any recipe.

Pros:
Compatible with D2SE
Pluggy works, easy skills and stats restat
Cow level has waypoint

Cons:
clod skills and synergies
user friendly difficulty

Download - here.
Patch notes:
► Show Spoiler

Cube recipes:
► Show Spoiler

Screenshots from my walktrough in first difficulty
► Show Spoiler
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Cypress wrote:...

Nice to see an experienced player here. :D Btw, can Skill Amulet be found in mystery chests? I have been farming Hell Satan/Lucifer (who suppose to drop it) with no result for a long time.

Also, do you happen to know if Rhino/Gorgon/McCrunchy Beetles drop souls? I have already killed 100+ of them and so far not a single soul dropeed from them. I heard their souls allow you to gain Beetle Morph which has an oskill similar to Quill Storm of MXL trap rat.