Back to forgotten mods

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hello,
we had this in past forums and maybe we should continue sharing experiences about what other mods we play. Recently after seeing some videos about unknown mods i went on a quest to find something new. Since i use D2SE i was/still am looking for mods that are compatible with that mod manager. So i found this this topic and if you scroll down - you will find a bunch of shortcuts for D2SE mods. I downloaded a few and try one at the moment.

Battle for elements mod:

Some info can be found in here. This mod also has a website and some forums in there too. I browsed it a little bit and found downloadable xls file with cube recipes which helped a lot.
+ of mod:
old d2 with new items, monster abilities, maps, bosses
loads of new cube recipes
works with D2SE and Plugy
lvl up gives 2 skills, 10 stats

- of mod:
tough start, similar to Aftermath, but worse (starting melee - bad idea) :twisted:
max difficulty is 4 players only
disbalance (end game has jewels with +300 stats that can be socketed into amulets ... wow)

Was not full time original D2 player so i had to look for few builds, but i went with bow amazon since ranged + potential in late game as i seen in videos. Start is slow and everything hurts. Even worse some monsters have abilities to damage you when struck. Potions go down like Niagara falls. At some point i hired a javazon merc which helped a bit. But still after first hit she runs back bringing all the crowd at me, not to mention the weird moving paths, ect.. Act 1 has new areas, new mobs, new quest locations, new drops and new craft items from npcs. Apparently you can salvage any item and collect its properties inside on jewel, later you can insert that jewel in same type of item it was received from. Kinda overpowered OR not if you consider that difficulty is also off. Destruction gives -500 penalty for res, ect. So far finishing act 1, worst part is slow leveling. Mobs are tough to beat and even then they give single digits of exp. But i will get there :)

Pictures:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Metalistas 8 years.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lol Metalistas. You made me wanna try this mod with those cool pictures :D
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
That is the purpose of this topic :) Also i forgot to mention this mod has interactive torches, lights, ect. Real cool feature giving you chance to turn lights on/off. Kinda unique and most of dungeons are made darker until you find torches and light them up. Makes you feel like a security guard in big building when you walk around and check all rooms :)

► Show Spoiler
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Are there glitter balls instead of hp/mana globes? :)
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
why not forgotten mods overall?
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Like all kind of mods ? Maybe i can change topic in here, haven't tried it.

On topic - failed to summon Andariel. Collected 7 shards and cubed 1 huge 6x6 sphere with 1 summon charge. Place of summon is a riddle and i got it wrong apparently. So yeah, another run collecting shards :)
► Show Spoiler
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
woha it's huuge
is that blue 4D cube some sort of horadric cube replacement?
khayoss666
Skeleton
3 | 0
is that bfe 1.51 or 160
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mine version says 1.51.

And that 4D cube - is Tesseract ! - and yes it's the old cube with new look.

Andy done and my laptop crashed, after reboot no progress saved. So still in act 1....
► Show Spoiler
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
this is so hardcore, i can't kill fallen shamans cause they keep rezzing themselves