Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@Marco
Increased drop shouldve help you now, at least IMO.
Although I havent found cindercoat yet.

Are you telling as casual player dont have the right to play ARPG that they have to play PvZ instead?
No Challenge? Yes I admit already it is easy but now you have checklist on things to do which is season journey.
Low replayability? Not a problem for me because I only reached lvl 70 with Monk, Crusader and now Demon hunter. I still have 4 chars to explore. You dont have to play every season, like myself, jumping from non-season to season 4 is big improvement.

No trading? It is fine, Im been solo player so it is not my problem. This is why I dislike PoE, in order to progress, you have trade and complete your gear.
Now with more drops, I dont need to trade, I just completed 3 sets of my class (demon hunter: Marauder, Natalya and Unhallowed. despite not being perfect) in new season.
Terrible game design? Depend on focus of the game. It always been the same, when you casualized the game, veteran / pro will hate the game.
Do you prefer to have tons of mule and spamming trade chat and waiting in game room / people pm for trade.
I rather have farming and crafting without needing other people.

Even without blizzard trademark, IT IS STILL DAMN GOOD ARPG. Tell me beside PoE or Torchlight, which other ARPG can offer fun / enjoyment in recent year.
It is polished, battle feel great and not clunky, it is also "lag-friendly" which allow me to play with 200ms without problem.
Only problem with d3 is it required internet connection.

People always complain why is D3 is not like oldschool D2 because it wont be. Blizzard north closed because their d3 in development didnt reach the quality that blizzard want.
It is already much different compared to early D3 with AH and inferno difficulty that people keep whining about because they cant get gear for their main char(and I thought ppl love trading and hard game?)
D3RoS now is more fun and much more better.

So this is my final question:

"What made D2 feel like the best ARPG of all time?"

*I didnt play D2 officially on Battle net server, so I dont get this awesome feeling from playing closed battle net (which basically season in d3 or temporary league in PoE) that I assume why people love the old d2 in first place. People love all those non-class oskill and varied playstyle that changed after getting 1 unique / runeword.

**Do remember that d2 was terrible at launch. I admit tat D2LoD add more depth to the game compared to D3RoS, but game is limited back then (3 difficulty thing, and emphasized on multiplayer because you have enemy that immune to your skill)

***Im not being fanboy for Blizzard, Im just saying the game is better now. It is not d2 and yes it much easier/simpler. But do you think that reason is enough to bash it to PvZ level? And yes median is better in various part except it is being on old problematic d2 engine.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
TL; DR

Dude, relax. You like it - you play it.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:After all, most times, people don't seem to get others to play it with arguments based on how good the game is, but rather how "less shittier than before" it is.

Truth has been spoken here.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jelle wrote:D3 is in a great spot now and definitely a lot of fun. Most median players just bash it based on the vanilla version they played, which tbh sucked.

Macro saying there is no challenge when the difficulty litterally scales infinitely is an excellent example of this :P

I didn't play vanilla D3. I started on RoS. Nice try regardless.

Jelle wrote:difficulty litterally scales infinitely

Ahahahah. hahaha. Yeah you're right on spot. Doesn't matter anyway. Just make sure to keep your credit card linked for next expansion :)
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
Marco wrote:I didn't play vanilla D3. I started on RoS. Nice try regardless.

Well you had to get ideas for systems in Sigma (*ehrm* bounties *ehrm*) from somewhere amIrite ;)

Marco wrote:

Ahahahah. hahaha. Yeah you're right on spot.

I know, but you don't really seem to comprehend it.

It doesn't matter though - I would rather have you modding than playing D3 anyway :P
Mr_Malice
Balrog
129 | 12
iwansquall wrote:I knew that I will get backlashed on this forum considered that you all are playing "hardcore" median fulltime.

Then why did you post this here? Just seeing Diablo3 RoS title on this forum made me go "uh-oh"

Anyways, complaining about the lowered drops in median sounds like a really bad excuse. Everyone should know how to cheese kabraxis by now.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Never played any incarnation on d3, I'm just curious though.

What does this

mean?

I'm not being pedantic here, I really can't put a meaning to those words.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i assume there must be some kind of survival/endless/progressive mode where mobs get more HP.
whether that qualifies as infinite difficulty or not, is rly no serious argument lol.

last time i played there were like 5 diffs + 6 torment, all the same shit, only monsters with more hp but all of them still used the same predictable skillset. Of course they could have done total 2-3 difficulties with varied skillsets instead, but they are blizzard and they like to trick playerbase into thinking game can have challenge by spamming content-less difficulties. and ofc they buy it :flip:
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
He means that rift levels go higher and higher. I havent played it myself, so correct me if i'm wrong, but from what I've seen on streams etc it's just monster hp/damage so it's hardly a difficulty increase.

On a side note, I'm kinda annoyed how people continue to bash d3. Get over it people. Game didn't live up to the hype, it's a casual blizzard game and it appeals to masses. there's no need to constantly tell everyone how bad it is/was.
I played it on release, liked it, stopped cause I was bored. If I had RoS and a better pc I'd probably play it again because it was fun.