Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Asteroth
Azure Drake
169 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
I finally ended up buying D3 and RoS. Finished game last night with a barbarian. I finally see what everyone was saying about the poor and childish writing (I mean come on, why is Belial telling me his every plan). I suppose their target audience was young teens who wouldn't know better. Plus itemization truly is stale in this game.

But the visuals are gorgeous. The game just looks truly amazing. The skills and spells are quite creative and sound good. I enjoy that a lot.

Will try adventure mode and other characters. I wonder how long the novelty will last.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Does anyone is playing in current ladder or everyone still saying that D3 is shit ? :D
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Didnt like last season and this one seem cater for late game build which i dislike.

D3 hater who still hate RoS need to get their eye checked.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I still hate D3 and my eyes are fine.

Ok i lied : I just hate anything Blizzard wretches out nowadays. WoW, D3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft 2 and Team Fortress 2 ripoff Overwatch. All of those on my shitlist.

Im still seeing fine.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
sounds like a reasonable evaluation of present day blizzard
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I actually had a lot of fun with this season for about 2 days. The problem with d3 is not that the game itself is bad or boring to play its that the character progression is so mind numbingly simple. I had a basically maxed out character within couple days of playing. In these types of arpg games character progression basically IS the game and when that is too shallow it just degrades the overall experience.
Will
Mr. Generosity
106 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Special Badge
Unique.
Games visuals were far too bright & sunny (kinda like WoW)... Definitely the reason it took my 6 years to try it. The storyline stunk but I liked the combat /spells /skills a bunch... More than I thought I would.

If Xbox-one didn't have so many cheaters from xbox 360 system imports I'd probably still play it on multiplayer. And the community would be more packed. Reminds me of Open B-net back when.

I also happened to never die once during reg/expansion/later game. Is that common? Maybe i'm used to real tough games. I mostly use a monk.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lol, im now playing patch 2.4.1 since i have internet in my room (last time i have to use vpn and stay in office until late night to play d3)

I havent rolled wizard and witch doctor, but since my friend already play WD before, so i will just try play wizard now.
I dunno why I feel like wizard active not diverse enough (ray of frost, arcane torrent and distengrate all channeling spell) but at least got some interesting passive where you can focus on specific elements.

Surprised that I can just play torment 1 easily without proper gear since I can kill enemies very fast, but need to kite alot (like demon hunter which class that I had most fun with)
Probably will just gonna play until new PoE patch come out (i havent touch it since patch 2.0) which sound very interesting, including other stuff i missed (ascension)
user-name
Destroyer
6 | 0
crap game imho
MrAxe
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
iwansquall wrote:Lol, im now playing patch 2.4.1 since i have internet in my room (last time i have to use vpn and stay in office until late night to play d3)

I havent rolled wizard and witch doctor, but since my friend already play WD before, so i will just try play wizard now.
I dunno why I feel like wizard active not diverse enough (ray of frost, arcane torrent and distengrate all channeling spell) but at least got some interesting passive where you can focus on specific elements.

Surprised that I can just play torment 1 easily without proper gear since I can kill enemies very fast, but need to kite alot (like demon hunter which class that I had most fun with)
Probably will just gonna play until new PoE patch come out (i havent touch it since patch 2.0) which sound very interesting, including other stuff i missed (ascension)

Just like with D2 your build diversity from your itemization which in turn determines which skills you use. Yeah Torment 1 is basically the gear cut off. As long as you're wearing level 70 yellows, you'll be ok.