Windows 10 and Piracy?!?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
They make 1020ptvs? And 75" is absurd.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
First world problems :facepalm:
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
it seems more like some malware - probably infected your router if you got popups on all computers although it's strange that it stopped after removing torrented files - maybe coincidence?
I'd suggest checking router settings (DNS servers, google for more) and protecting it with other then default login/password and also check for firmware updates
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Also thought it seemed strange for multiple computers so i did some magic googling and found a post on reddit that may or may not be worth reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/co ... cast_as_a/
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
@Fumbles: yeah, the top answer is the right one.

it was probably a coincidence that the message dissapeared then, as it probably takes some time to register that you've seen it. I've seen notices like this from ISPs in my country too.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Saah
Prowler
15 | 0
Windows 10 is, primarily, a terminal, that collects user's private data, rather than OS, its not designed to be used by self-respecting people, use older windows, or linux instead.

Edit:
Imagine a PC, that is completely full with trojans, keyloggers and similar malware... Windows 10 is the same in its core, you can not disable those "features" from it, because they are in OS'es system's core, so not even tweakers or hacks could fix it, unfortunately.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Quirinus wrote:@Fumbles: yeah, the top answer is the right one.

it was probably a coincidence that the message dissapeared then, as it probably takes some time to register that you've seen it. I've seen notices like this from ISPs in my country too.

That makes the most sense. So most likely coincidence that the Internet returned after deleting the files then because the isp took a couple minutes to register i clicked the link. Lol, how ironic! And super great link Fumbles with tons of useful info! Seed box seems rather nifty, or VPN
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have bootlegged apps, movies, and software on my computer, Windows 10 has not given me up yet. I use Tixati. But I do have Manjaro Linux running on my 2nd HDD, and may consider switching to that for my future media torrenting needs, since I had no problems with that method before. If you can make your setup work with your chosen Linux distro, all the better.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I got EvoSeedbox. I'll let you know how it goes once I start torrenting. Here's a link in case anyone is interested:
http://evoseedbox.com/

And codes for lower rates:
http://cheapseedboxes.com/evoseedbox-promo-codes/

EDIT: Wow, works really nice! Super fast, and you use Filezilla to transfer files from the server to your computer, however files are not encrypted unless you use a VPN. So I'm wondering if I'm using a seedbox, why should I bother using a VPN if ISP's aren't checking for seedboxes? Maybe if I get stuff from the silk road I'll use a VPN when connecting to TOR, but otherwise, I don't see a need for a VPN with this seedbox, correct me if I'm wrong?
cotetowemixx
Destroyer
7 | 0
For better or for worse, piracy exists and will always exist, because there will be people who unfortunately do not have the resources to buy it legally, like third world countries.