PC Uprgade

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
hey folks, i cant find any answers in the web so i will ask it here, can my pc support the 1GB GPU? i only have 512mb of GPU.
Here is my PC Specs: Lenovo Thinkcentre A58(7515)
Core 2 Duo 2.68Ghz
4GB ram
Intel G41 Chipset

Can this be possible to support 1GB GPU? My recommended is only 512.
Thanks
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
thanosdk wrote:First result in google search: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentr ... -p/3623861

i already seen the thread thanks, but i cannot find any answer. im using Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512mb, I dont know exactly if DDR5's and DDR3's model is compatible to my MoBo
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jeffshadows04 wrote:i already seen the thread thanks, but i cannot find any answer. im using Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512mb, I dont know exactly if DDR5's and DDR3's model is compatible to my MoBo

Compatibility-wise, memory type and amount on a gfx card shouldn't matter. Fwiw, my mobo has an older g31 chipset, but this little nivida gt 630 I have installed works fine (1gb DDR3 ram).
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Jeffshadows04 wrote:i already seen the thread thanks, but i cannot find any answer. im using Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512mb, I dont know exactly if DDR5's and DDR3's model is compatible to my MoBo

Compatibility-wise, memory type and amount on a gfx card shouldn't matter. Fwiw, my mobo has an older g31 chipset, but this little nivida gt 630 I have installed works fine (1gb DDR3 ram).

woah, this is what ive been looking for a living evidence. thanks
Snakieee
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Solfege wrote:

Yeah the only thing you should look out for is the interface. I looked up the chipset and it say it supports up to PCIE x16 2.0. Now thats intels specs for the g41 chipset, you might wanna hunt around and find exact specs for your mobo just to be safe.
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Snakieee wrote:
Solfege wrote:

Yeah the only thing you should look out for is the interface. I looked up the chipset and it say it supports up to PCIE x16 2.0. Now thats intels specs for the g41 chipset, you might wanna hunt around and find exact specs for your mobo just to be safe.

ohhh yeah, thanks