What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Talic wrote:Also, does anyone knows which anime is this - after you die you finish in some world where you fight "against evil", they are able to feel all pain but they are dead already.

You constantly respawn in that realm.

Lol, not sure how to describe it at all.

Gantz?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Seem like Re:Zero
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for suggestions, but somehow I was able to find it.

It is Angel Beats anime.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
This new HxH Chimera ants story becoming Terra formars. Sad.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Talic wrote:Can anyone recommend some anime that is good of course, but not so lengthy.

You've probably already seen it but Berserk (not the 2016 one), but just in case you haven't, you should absolutely watch it. Just skip the first episode and you're good.

Another good short one is Knights of Sidonia (sadly only the first season is good).

Jaedong wrote:Black Buller
in the beginning i thought its a trash shooter/weeb anime

fk that, the title and the first girly look is missleading, it is an fucking amazing anime

recommended

iwansquall wrote:Oh, that was opposite for me. Starting part of Black Bullet was awesome for me (especially with that mysterious guy) but I dislike the last part when it became survival vs big monster fest at the end.

I'm at episode 4 and to me this is disgusting. Everything from V for Vendetta wannabe to lame martial art powers to horribly corny dialogue... I don't even. I'm going to follow the 3-episode rule on this one for sure.

I can't decide which is worse, black bullet or darling in the franxx. I started watching the latter as it was recommended on horriblesubs. Right now it's mostly an experience in self-torment and seeing how bad it can get. Just the fake vulnerable voice of the female leader makes me want to choke her to death. I knew instantly from the golden jizz in the opening and HxH meruem copy-paste robots that this was produced by mediocre people, and at episode 7 my episode 1 instincts have proven correct.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai. Watching this as im in the mood for a drama-right-in-the-feels anime now.

Premise is guy with generally no responsabilities in life besides being a college student takes upon himself to look after his 3 nieces after his sister presumably dies in an airplane crash, it's your usual romcom coming-of-age story with that twist.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Except it have potential for multiple bait stuff :P

Couple of series finished while PoE-ing:
1. Brave Beats
Random anime I downloaded as batch. Seem like anime for kids. Basically think anime like pokemon, where the MC go collecting some stone to get ultimate power and fight with...transforming to dancer-adult kamen rider and beat their anime with dance. Interesting concept, but since it is kiddy anime it bound to have several issues. I mean, I watched many of old stuff kids anime and it still wildly entertained but there are several major weakness for the series. Repeating transformation scene just like old sailormoon, dance fight is in 3D cgi! so most of the time it look like in uncanny valley, plot is usually monster-of-the-week formula with exception of final few arc which made the world more interesting (think dance planet and dance king). I cant recommend this though, despite couple of unique stuff in it.

2. WWW Working
Ok, I dunno why that I feel like I couldnt like this series. I mean work-space + slice of life is easy enjoyable anime formula for me. First probably because it reuse kinda same area like other Working title so nothing new on that side. 2nd is we got introduced with TONS of quirky characters for just 13 episodes! I think there are more than 12 characters at least. 3rd is I think they focused too much on on relationship between character which are majority are abusive type (one is terrible cook that send MC to "heaven", other is there super rich that mocking someone who owe her with tons of debt by slapping with money etc). While it is nothing new as 1st series also have it, I think the series is more toward romantic comedy with tons of gags joke rather than slice-of-life thing. I can partial recommend it if it fit you, but I still prefer the 1st series than this one... despite the score is quite decent on MAL (7.5)
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i have no idea how you can watch that many animes iwan, i am at 200+ now and have watched so many mediocre and terrible anime that i got so picky and struggle to find SOMETHING that would intrest me :(
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1. I watch them on 2nd monitor usually. If the story is interesting and get me hook, usually i drop / slow doing whatever I was doing on other monitor. If the story is bad, usually I just glance once a while to get story / plot. Anime purist will hate this method, but I dont care much I just simply wanted to "clear backlog" of anime I downloaded in the past (nowadays I just streamed online). I still able to recognize good or terrible series when I watched it. It is also depend on what game I was playing atm (d2 grinding is easy, my mmorpg is doable, but i tend to die if i played poe :( )

2. Another method was to increase the anime video slightly (1.25x or 1.33x is enough) because you watched a lot of anime, you will noticed that all non-sakuga anime scene tend to be too slow compared to real-life conversion. However you will need to find proper video player as sometimes sound will get chimpunked. I could go for 2.5x and it is still watch-able for me, but I have to drop everything else and focus on watching it (it kinda similar like reading manga quickly without reading everything)

For you, I would suggest to just stick to high score anime with genres that you already like. I dont like to do 3 episodes policy, so as long as I watch the anime in correct order I will continue until the end. There was time that I didnt watch anime at all (because of gaming obsession) but nowadays Im happy I able to find balance to merge both at same time.

Generally 8++ is good for me, although there are several anime was high score because it hit all my "fetish" :P
*I should revamp the score and stop using 7 as anime average score.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Finished watching Steins;Gate. Its good, its really good. It hits all the right parts of the VN that it needs and most of whats filtered out is the filler stuff from the VN. I have a slight issue with the pacing, could've been a little bit better at a bunch of parts but i'll cut it some slack since im viewing it through rose coloured glasses after already reading the VN.

8/10, would get a proper 9 if those pacing issues i mentioned werent there at all.

EL PSY CONGROO