What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
mrtawsiti3
Banned
56 | 12
Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Most of the new stuff I've watched is bad, but I'm sticking with Killing Bites. Don't get me wrong, it's hot garbage, but it knows it's hot garbage, and that's what makes it fun. It's violent, sexy, gratuitous, and has a ridiculous plot. But it's not up-it's-own-ass pretentious about it like some other shows *cough*Devilman Crybaby*cough*. It's basically what Juuni Taisen should have been.

Was looking forward to Violet Evergarden b/c the visuals looked amazing. Sadly, the direction the story went has been disappointing so far. Was hoping for a story about the struggles of a front-line soldier trying to return to civilian life. But no. It's basically just "teaching an android to love." :eyeroll: Gonna give it a few more episodes though.

DBS is ending. Not sure if sad or grateful. Toei really dropped the ball on this one. Get it? As a Dragonball series, it was kinda bad. But it was still new Dragonball, dammit. Here's hoping for a new series in a year or so based on Dragonball Heroes. That could be amazing if Toei gets their shit together.

Other things of note:
Hakume and Mikochi - As adorable as it is boring.
Citrus - Non-con incest. That's it. That's the show. Seriously Japan, wtf?
Darling in the FranXX - Basically, Evangelion. Except kids pilot giant robots by having sex. Seriously Japan, wtf?!
Pop Team Epic - Nothing more than overhyped dank meme bullshit. But as someone watching Killing Bites, who am I to judge?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
DB Super of course! Tournament arc is so damn good! Black Goku arc was the best ever!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished another 2 series:

1. Boku no Hero Academia season 2
I kinda hope the hype with the series, so I kinda hope it retain the strength from 1st season. At first, with all various artwork design.. Im abit worried about plot of series that focused too much on the tournament format too much. I kinda dislike usually if it too long (like season 2 food wars) especially if it went exactly like prediction. Thankfully a lot of different pacing that made the series much more enjoyable with variety of story in it. I keep forget that the word "academia" in the title, definitely the story will focused around school events. Combined with high production and good story flow, I enjoyed the series overall (although I prefer character growth in 1st season that focused solely on Deku).

2. Land of Lustrous
I watched knowingly it will be 3D CGI. I never have problem with them and I usually will be able to enjoy through fully. Starting from 1st episode, you will kinda know that this series is much different than other anime existing out there. Just like Inuyashiki, this series REQUIRED 3D CGI to be fully implement all the feature of the world. The emotion are masterfully crafted to be very close like 2D counter part while maintaining beautiful graphic especially on each of the characters hair. There are a lot variety & colourful character the series and it feel alive while at same time having dread / mysterious aura from villain side. My only problem would be series doesnt have many impact moment, and I kinda hate that it have "story will be resolved in next season" without proper conclusion. Phos transformation also kinda like too sudden like couple of old shounen anime style (Parasyte & Kabaneri Iron Fortress), it made me wonder if the transition was logical or not. Regardless, it is well produced series and I enjoyed most of it (except for ending part).

*Time for comedy / cute anime now I guess
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Watching Citrus. Breaking the 4th wall, done right.

► Show Spoiler
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I've just finished Rokka no Yuusha and Youjo Senki, the former being a wtf is this ending. Youko Senki on the other hand really had me hooked. I was told the manga is better in several ways, but I think I'll just wait for the movie adaptation for more Tanya.

I'm still looking for better stuff to watch as I dig through the pile of anime I decided to download over a month ago.
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
mrtawsiti3 wrote:Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z

So glad that Funi dubs Super! Cant do english DB without them!
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dragon ball super, waiting for this few episodes, then we will see what they will do with dragon ball.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Watching konosuba season 2, the joke really not in line for me. Just like the 1st season.

I wished I could break down on why certain comedy anime are not funny exactly for me.
Maybe the type of comedy, generally I disliked gag comedy. (also same reason i mostly dislike that Osumatsu-kun much)
Osumatsu have strong 1st episode, and couple of episode i liked what heavily in plot / emotional level.

*If you want to dissecting stuff that I found funny, that would be mitsudomoe (if you can stand the art style) / nichijou. Dramatic / Slapstick comedy?