What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
watching Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO. based of a VN from 1996 which is one of my favorite VNs of all time. i cant believe they greenlit the anime in 2019. what a time to be alive.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished High Score Girl

Are you grow in 90s playing video games and going to game arcade? If yes then this is anime for you. This anime is pretty nostalgia trip with various of video games from 80s and 90s shown in every episode. Main premise basically there is a weird girl who pretty good at games, thus all the over the top and comedy happening through out the series. The tag of this romcom, which is romance comedy, so if u dislike this type of anime, you better stay away from it. Another part that could be negative in my eyes is the usage of full 3D CGI for the whole series despite it doesnt need it at all since there are no complex action battle scene and most of the scenes can be done simply with hand drawn.

I admit i had some trouble to finish, mainly because i feel bored on both gaming and watching anime side, so this anime took me weeks to finish. I dont think im considering this romcom my type since i generally hate absurd gag and violent comedy. Bonus side, apparently the main girl never talk throughout whole season, thus heavily rely on physical force or other people give narration.

Alternative : Chuunibyou probably more cute and comedy that i liked more, this anime also remind me of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san which i just finished recently.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
waiting week after week for the next YU-NO ep to air..........................................
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
new season be like:
DR Stone, Vinland Saga, Garbage,Garbage,Garbage,Garbage,Garbage,Garbage,
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It have been a while for me since I finished an anime.
Mainly because I have no open world games that I can chill + watching anime at the same time.

Finished Mitsuboshi Color

Ok, I admit I kinda put high expectation from this anime because it have all stuff that I wanted from cute loli slice of life anime. But turn it wasnt the case, they are not cute are kinda annoying brats who play around which is kinda loud and obnoxious. Usually it quite hard to make hate an anime, but this is one isnt for me.

Premise is pretty straight forward where a group of trio little girls who went around town to help other people, instead they were on misadventure with plenty of jokes / gags as usual comedy anime. Each have their own weird wacky personality that kinda make / break for enjoyment of the series. It didnt work much for me mainly because there arent much memorable moment for me that make me "feel good, cute or being a kid".

The series felt flat for me from the start. As usual standard gag / comedy which tend to be plot-less, this anime feel lacking in many aspect. Sure it can make you feel like you are kid again, but only if you are a loud annoying kids who keep bugging other people.

Alternative : If you want calming + cute series, non non biyori or ichigo mashimaro is better. If you want more absurd gag / comedy, then minami-ke or mitsudomoe have stronger theme. My favourite of cute girls doing cute things (or absurd) is definitely azumanga daioh or nichijou.

EDITED

Finished My Girlfriend is Shobitch

By title alone, it is kinda misleading because you thought the girl would be unlikeable and boring, instead awkward, weird and honest girl. However, with low score that series have together with ecchi tag, I kinda know what kind of expectation that I put when watching this series. Ugh, again, gutless MC with harem is a bit turn off for me at this point unless the girls are interesting / enjoyable to counter the balance.

The MC is normal straight forward guy while the main girl is honestly trying to learn to become best girlfriend, thus gag / comedy insure throughout the series. There are a lot sexual innuendo being thrown around although plot wise I think the series lack something unique and it is pretty boring for me from start to finish. Better watch a good series that focused more on comedy / romance or ecchi than this series.

I suggest you skip this series since it is nothing new, pretty much standard mediocre anime.

Alternative : For romcom, you can check Nozaki-kun, Lovely Complex or Baka-test. For more ecchi, Sora no Otoshimono is the best as well as To Love-ru series. But if you want better option for more similar anime to this, then you have series like B-Gata H Kei, Seitokai Yakuindomo and Shimoneta.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished watching SSSS Gridman

I was specifically looking for a mecha anime, and im somehow intrigued by the ultraman-like design poster. Turned out I was semi correct, after small research, seem like this anime was produced by same studio that made ultraman live action series, then given to trigger studio to animate which is well known anime studio for flashy animation and artstyle.

First several episodes of this series is exactly what you expect from trigger studio, it make you pumped up to watch every episodes, especially the battle scene at the end of each episodes. Some people might turned off by this "monster of the week" design, but to it is quite entertaining especially when it was added mysterious / intriguing plot about origins of kaiju (giant monster). Despite you know the origin of them, you still puzzled through the season because it is not properly explained. Additional to new monster, our protagonist also get new upgrade every episodes to solve problem coming from new kaiju. So in a sense, you able to their evolution.

However, SSSS Gridman is not perfect enjoyment anime for everyone. Aside from flashy animation and intriguing mysterious plot in the beginning, the series is kinda feel flat mid till end because none of the story plot was properly resolved by end of the series. 12 Episodes also kinda made it fast paced compared to live action counterpart, but that not an excuse to make weak closure.

Alternative : For intriguing mysterious plot : Bokurano or World Trigger. For similar feeling of "teenager pilot" , Neon Genesis Evangelion & Darlling in the Franxx. For badass animation scene, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill is pretty close.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
I don't see why is there so much hate towards Kimetsu no Yaiba? Watch it pls, then judge it. Thanks
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When I finished a super long anime in just 2 days, you bet that I enjoyed the series.
I just finished Jojo Part 5 : Golden win which have 39 episodes.

I know that Jojo will always have bizarre stuff in their series and emphasize heavily on their battle of stands (part 3 and above). Later part have more elaborate stand power, so there a lot of indirect usage stand power to beat specific enemy. Thus, rather than discussion about power individually, I think i will focus on characters, story plot and settings.

For character, we get another set of colourful team. We got group of good guys who basically want to topple some evil organization (mafia basically) and stop the drug distribution problem in whole Italy. The top of organization is called Boss, and pretty much remained mystery until last several episodes of the series. So pretty much our protagonist goal is to reveal boss identity first and destroy him. On the enemy part, we also got several unique stand user enemy within the evil organization with terrifying power.

Ok, my first issue with this part is that the plot. I can say that first half of series are pretty good, but I kinda dislike most of the 2nd half and the ending is pretty bad IMO. Without spoiling, is basically the nerve wrecking mystery part is feel good, but 2nd part is kinda meh once you know who the boss is. Not to mention my issue with plot that this one felt much smaller compared to previous part, despite having 39 episodes.

Jojo part 5 is have many good parts mainly character, setting, stand variety, animation production quality but I personally it is kinda among weakest because it wasnt resolved properly. There are several plots are look promising, but left unanswered / unused until the end.

Alternative : Aside from suggestion another Jojo, I personally can recommend Hitman Reborn for similar mafia feeling. Another italian that feel very close is Baccano!. And lastly for a series of hunting 1 evil bad guy, Monster is the perfect alternative.

EDITED

Kinda on streak of finding decent anime, so I finished Attack on Titan S3 part1.

Attack on titan is always kinda modern action anime that playing around with crazy camera angle with its 3d maneuver gear. While 2 past season are focus a lot on titan fight, sadly this part is kinda more toward politic and the horror with cult behind royal blood. If you forgot the details in 2nd season, I suggest you go read some synopsis before watching as it took me a while to grasp what happen for first couple of episodes.

If awesome fight scene and high tension encounter is what you looking for, you will be disappointed with this season as I did. Although I understand that human played major roles behind on what happened to the city, it kinda felt meh because it basically large info dump between specific characters or background story. Out of 12 episodes, I think only 2 is one that one that really stood out to me.

Attack on Titan season 3 part is a slow build that lead to bigger fight in season 2, and probably I suggest you go watch it in 1 go so you wouldnt get disappointed. Im off to watch part 2 atm.

EDITED 2

Finished Attack on Titan season 3 part 2

Oh boy, turned out my prediction is correct. This is probably best season so far with action, strategy and world lore. It is is must watch for anyone have watch attack on titan. Remember the old basement issue back in the early episodes of season 1? It is answered here, together with history of the world. Again, I dont want to spoil here but I recommend you to watch it immediately.

For this part, people might say season is too long and draggy since it pretty much have 1 arc stretched to almost 10 episodes. But with tense moment from battles in this parts that involved a lot of titans, i shall say we go back its root (after boring season 3 part 1). The history part in later half of series also explained several key moment in the series.

As a whole completion for season 3, this is the saving grace for it. I give recommendation for people to watch it. Although action wise I think it is not tense as season 1 or 2, it is a major steps on story progression.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Too many edit, i better add new post instead.

Just finished Hinamatsuri.

From tag alone, this is one of nicest package i wanted from anime (seinen, slice of life, comedy). The premise of first episode is kinda ridiculous which kinda remind me of several old anime where our protagonist found powerful girl by coincidence. Usually this type anime will revolved into cookie cutter harem anime, but not Hinamatsuri. The story bring so many emotion from struggling of daily life (rarely happened in slice of life anime) that kinda bring of alot "feels" moment, and the anime masterfully bring cheerful and funny scene in just 1 episode.

As usual Hinamatsuri do have some minor overarching plot, but generally they are kinda stand alone. Personally I like how they emphasize majority of the screen time to secondary characters as well as delivering story with moral. As for comedy part, this is kinda exactly comedy that i like, especially the way they delivered it, without resolving to violent slapstick or annoying over-the-top loud obnoxious comedy.

Hinamatsuri is anime that I quite enjoyed it throughout the series. Not many anime can delivering various different feeling within just 12 episodes.

Alternative : First major theme is probably father-daughter relationship, so my suggestion is Usagi Drop & Amaama to Inazuma. As for comedy + heartwarming feeling, it remind me of Barakamon & Maid Dragon. As for theme of someone working hard in life, then you have Hanasaku Iroha. Another suggestion would Demi Chan wa Kataritai which tackle some serious theme with heart warming / comedy.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kanata no Astra

Main premise is really good, grabbed me with just the summary, had the potential to be like an anime version of "Lost" or something, too bad it's squandered by the show being your generic friendship power shounen with one dimensional trope characters for the most part.

Good thing is the main plot is excellent, it's got very nice plot twists and if you get to like ep.7 you're probably totally hooked and have to keep watching even if you didn't like the first few episodes.