What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
For the love of desu dont watch anything from Studio DEEN (Umineko, Fate/stay night, etc) if you read the VNs before. And even if you didnt.

Ufotable saved Fate/SN at least.

Kakegurui is my contender for anime of the year. If you like anime where high stakes are involved (as in gambling in this case) thats the anime for you.
Gurren Lagann easily one of the best animes ive seen, and i dont really like mecha in animes that much so that says a lot about it.
Usagi Drop <- prepare to cry.

I dunno, basically anything where the plot (or lack of) isnt reduced to ecchi pantyshots and fanservice and worst of all, NO moeblob anime like K-On for instance. And slice of life is ok as long as its not throughout the entire 13/26 episodes.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Crapy car ?! yes
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@Prime
What's so bad about Studio DEEN's work? Never seen the 2 shows by them you mentioned and idk that much about anime studios yet.

TBH, all I'm looking for is something with decent art+animation+acting, compelling characters, and well-written storylines (funny or serious, doesn't matter). Like the old "Batman: TAS" from the 90s. The animation itself isn't amazing compared to more recent stuff, but Bruce Timm's simplified character designs and the noir art style give the series a unique atmosphere that really fits the subject well. Add in fantastic voice acting by Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill (who will forever be the Batman and the Joker, respectively, in my mind) and storylines that are serious without creeping into "edgelord" territory ("Heart of Ice" anyone?), and it's definitely in my top 10 for western animation. It'd probably even be higher than ATLA if it weren't for nostalgia. But I digress...this is an anime thread after all. :)

Anyway, I'll check out Kakegurui, Gurren Lagann, and Usagi Drop as well. Ty.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well concerning anime studios: there are many Animes that suck just because it was animated by a certain studio.

For example tales of demons and gods. The manga is great, but the anime sucks balls. Simply because they tuned down every episode to a 10 minute ad filler and tried out a complete 3D style. That way emotions are shown so badly that you wonder how you could possibly follow the story. Plus the way the characters walked turned me off that much, that I had to dismiss it after 5 minutes of watching. It was as if every character was a robot.

I‘ll stick to mangas simply because that way no animation studio can ruin the series for me.

Don‘t get me wrong. Sometimes the anime can be an even better introduction due to a better structured beginning and story, but that‘s actually quite rare.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Studio Deen is kinda well known for doing mediocre adaptation especially on art / animation.

Umineko / FSN probably didnt do justice for original material / reader, but it is just slightly about average-ish anime tbh.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/37/Studio_Deen

I cant recommend much any of their series for animation style, but rather the story that they adapted.
I think most of their stuff have vibrant but flat colour palette.
Same goes for character design as well, mostly abit too simple.

Maybe I can only recommend that Samurai X : Trust & Betrayal OVA which is much darker than original series.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
@Solfege
Studio deen has this streak of ruining key plot from the manga or VNs it adapts into anime. Also a general consensus (tho granted it doesnt apply to all their anime) is that they pull a Gainax often. As in, they do what Gainax did with Evangelion, still images and almost no animations except for very basic ones on a 20+ minute episode because of time and budget constraints.

My greatest gripe with them is about the liberties they take to plot or the afformentioned complete butchering of it. There's just no excuse for what they did with Fate/Stay Night for instance. If you never heard of the original material they based their adaptations on, i guess you wont find it that jarring, except the lousy animations (or lack of them) .

I mean, they made Pupa which could be one of the greatest animes in a long time but they ended up screwing it up with lots of Gainaxing. On a show where each ep is about 4 minutes long. And 1 of those 4 minutes is the OP. Besides the usual suspect of bad anime which is bad pacing. Some people hate it because of how they sexualized cannibalism in the anime but personally i wont hold that against them since plot, some people are just too pious and zealous for their own good.

tl;dr - bad animations, butchering of original material, cant do pacing to save their hides.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Am I the only one that likes story and character development over flashy animation?

Vash the Stampede beats all your Naruto/One Piece/Fairy Tale/etc douche heroes.

I must be too old, because I see anime dying. I grew up with the classics. This modern stuff is pure trash.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Shootfighter tekken - kid with Baki shoes learning martial arts and kicking ass. Sadly only 3 episodes and all enemies are drawn in the same way.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solution for boring grinding game in MMORPG = watch anime with your dual monitor at same time.

Finished couple of higurashi side story....the Kira especially scarred my life in 1st episode.
Then SAO Ordinal Scale.... nice-ish on production side, but meh on writing side.

Atm, I picked random finished aired anime to watch and somehow rolled on Inuyashiki.
Since I didnt pay attention to OP while gaming, I noticed the tag something like psychological.
GOSH THAT 1st EPISODE
One of the anime that fit with the usage of 3D anime CGI.
Seem like from Gantz mangaka (there was a poster in the anime, but Im not sure if that total reference or not, because they also mentioned one piece)
Thank god it didnt feel arkward to watch n play since I have been hiatus with watching anime for more than a month.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
yea Inuyashiki is from Hiroya Oku, same mangaka that created Gantz, Zero One, HEN, etc hence the Gantz poster in Andou's room.

rewatching 90s anime because nothing new going on right now interests me. right now watching Teito Monogatari (Doomed Megalopolis), afterwards will watch all the Urotsukidoji OVAs, part 2 movie version because of all the uncut gory shit ofc, as unfinished as they are, and after that maybe Go Nagai stuff (Devil Man, Violence Jack, etc)

all very upbeat anime.