What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu!

I'm reading that Manga mostly because of the MC. Really smart, twisted and calculating. Also it's funny reading the comments because many people don't understand her intentions lol
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Kimetsu no Yaiba aka Demon Slayer. Looks promising, opening song is by goddess LiSA, we shall see... (:
Edited by Dreamhunter 4 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Long time I havent update in this channel:

1. Irozuku Sekai no Ashita Kara
Main plot of this story is about a girl that sent to the past to fix her issue by her grandma, which inability to see colour. She was sent to the past during grandmother younger age, hopefully will be able to find solution for the eyes. It might sound fantasy or scifi, sadly that this series is more toward slice of life rather than anything else.

You have your main girl and boy which trying to imply a romantic connection, but my gosh both character are very dull. If you watch an anime with "dumbfounded / slow" character, imagine something like that. The series also tried to tackle other character romantic relationship, but mostly it is done with slice-of-life way. I dont feel much drama from whole series although it was tagged as one. The strength probably the scene where they tried to enter a world of painting, which is felt surreal and unique.

The series is beautiful and feel atmospheric, but i dont care much about the character nor the plot of the story. It didnt do anything well at least there isnt any focused genre for this series. But i would say that the final episode is one of beautiful wrapped up for single cour anime.

Other recommendation : Koe no Katachi which is shorter and similar style main girl, shorter and more concise. Nagi no Asu Kara is another recommendation which more better characters, interaction and nice world atmosphere to live in.

2. Vivid Strike
I cant say much about this series other than think about "MMA + cute girl + magic girl show". It was supposed to be a part of Nanoha series, but I dont recall most of the story aside from only 1 character with eyes that have different colour (Vivio). However, the main story of this series is about 2 friends who lived in orphanage and there are sudden drastic changes when they met again after few years past.

This series is pretty brutal and opposite to "cute girl doing martial art" style, which feel like you watching a more serious sports anime. If this anime have more tournament arc or a story about becoming the best, probably would be much better than this having a hype of this 2 friends having the biggest fights near the end. Alas the series is more toward training and several back story for each character.

At the end, it is an ok series, but it is kinda sad that Nanoha series have fallen to this level. There arent much interesting in the fighting techniques or world building, but if u want to see cute girl fighting fiercely, then this probably a series you can watch.

Other recommendation : Oh wow, i cant find any similar anime from MAL's recommendation. I have to search through my list. Many other female fighting series tend to focus on ecchi/harem, which i dont want to recommend here. I guess I recommend to watch both Nanoha 1st and 2nd movie which should be able to tell you what i loved about the franchise in the past.

3. Alice to Zouroku
Based from the poster image of this anime, you will think that this would be a slice of life anime about old man talking care of young girl. Sadly that is not the case. The world Alice refer to the term Alice's Dream, which is some sort of magical world which keep changing and creating new object as it try to learn more about the world. The young girl have some sort of super power which can do a lot of things (like seriously, i cant pinpoint what was her super power), which tried to run away from the research lab.

The whole premise is about containing the girl so that she wont able to abuse the power to destroy the world. Somehow, she got attached to the oldman and she live peacefully to learn about the world. There are several bad ass combat scene in the middle of series, but sadly it wasnt the main focus of it and it feel jarring to have it there. At same time, you also learnt about several other girls also with strange power that causing problem with their live.

If this sound weird, I would say that I truly disappointed how the series felt like to try to do things without focus. I really cant recommend this as it failed for any part of its genre and not even the good slice of life part of series able to save it.

Other recommendation : For slice of life, you have Usagi Drop and Barakamon. For mysterious stuff, I recommend Jirui wa Suitai Shimashita. There are several anime with young girls with power that their mature partner taking care of them, but i cant remember the title atm.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall wrote:There are several anime with young girls with power that their mature partner taking care of them, but i cant remember the title atm.

This?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Found it, it was Solty rei. Not exactly good though.
And it wasnt mysterious power, but a powerful cyborg instead.

As for other several anime, probably it not an adult but rather realistic, logical human being instead.
Which is a lot (typical anime trope meeting girl with hidden power).

EDITED

Just finished Masamune no Revenge

To be frank, I kinda put high expectation this anime because of its strong first episode and the artstyle look like my typical what I liked in modern anime. As i mentioned before, if your anime have specific genre in mind, STICK WITH IT. I have issue either this anime wanted to be comedy, romance, slice of life because it is like many other same high school anime.

It was ok for first several episodes, but it getting boring and boring afterward because lack of direction. At the end, nothing of established plot properly resolved and we didnt learn much about the character. However i will give point for trying to be high school slice of life anime... which is hundreds of other anime already done it.

I dont love, i dont hate it. I kinda expecting something grand but it went mediocre all the way. ... im speechless.

Other recommendation : For romcom, probably Baka Test or Nozaki-kun. For more drama, Sakura-sou or Oregairu. For overall package, I would pick Toradora or Golden Time. That should be enough good anime listed there.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Toradora. Oh boy. That anime started it all for me lol. Probably one of the most underrated animes. That Christmas episode killed me.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
yep, gotta say Toradora is gg, takes me back to times where i wasnt doing so hot and binged on it.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Finished watching Domestic na Kanojo. Ive got a lot of things to say about the anime, but i'll just sum my experience up in 3 points :

- MC is the usual yes man with conflicting morals all the time. Srsly if you've watched School Days the MC is just as bad, except worse written. At least Makoto's reason of being in School Days was to make you as a viewer hate what he does and the writers did that well enough. The MC in Domestic tho... just no. Huge downside on a drama shounen anime. Its a huge red flag when the obese best friend character or the flamboyantly-gay-former-yakuza are much better written and more interesting characters than the MC with their character development moments which take only minutes in the whole series...

- Pacing is all over the place. It's bad. Some eps are very drama heavy just to suddenly switch into forced comedic skits, and some lines of thought in certain conversations are cut short then pan into a completely different mood scene. Also certain forgettable side characters getting stage time for a good chunk of an ep when they are only there to make the MC being in the fear of getting cucked, just to be thrown to the sidelines on the following eps with a few mentions. Like what the fuck.

- Is it incest if you stick a suppository in your step-sister's ass on your incest driven drama anime?

I'll be generous and give this a 6/10 because the drama is decent when its done right on certain eps. On others it feels forced af. Otherwise i'd be a 4/10.
If your thing is incest drama there's a few better ones out there, like Yosuga no Sora. I'm not trying to say this anime is the biggest pile of shit ever because lets face it, manga adaptations are rarely not trash, but it was a let down for me.
kane63512
Skeleton
2 | 0
I watch overlord anime.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Tried watching Quintessential Quintuplets. One of the very rare occasions i drop an anime after 1 ep. Not my cup of tea. Might be that it gets better than the snoozefest that first ep was for me but i dont want to waste my time trying to figure it out.

Now watching Masamune-kun no Revenge, cool premise, first 2 eps were ok, but its starting to drag more and more into slice of life, hopefully it gets more interesting as i go along.