What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
muda da. hokuto shinken wa muteki da.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Since I was free in the last 4 days, I started reading the manga Berserk.

It first started really interesting. The first few chapters brought up enough questions to pull you in and the art is one of a kind. Very mysterious and awkard. Afterwards... that backstory was simply glorious. I haven't read something like that in a while. Then after about 200 chapters it became kinda boring with fairytales 'n shit. To the point where you start thinking: REACH YOUR DESTINATION ALREADY BRO!

Well.. now he has, but there's a huge cliffhanger and it finally starts getting interesting again... and now... in the latest chapter (336) it was said that the manga is taking a break till winter. Fuck me.

The only bad things are: Some speechbubbles were too small to be read, so I had to skip some minor jokes I guess. And what pisses me off is that puck, who's been serious from the start (at first: Emotions, nicely drawn, conflicts between him and MC) turns more and more into a piece of shit (he's drawn like a piece of shit, no conflicts at all, only stupid comments from him... as if he suddenly turned retarded somewhere on the way). I don't like that progression. Luckily the other characters have a good progression.

This may not be in the top 10 of my all-time manga's but it's worth a read.

nath997
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Belive me ,the author will just drop some chapters and then he just gonna take a break "again" like he did all those years :wall: . This shit just took way to long that i don't even care about it anymore. But it's indeed worth a read.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
nath997 wrote:Belive me ,the author will just drop some chapters and then he just gonna take a break "again" like he did all those years :wall: . This shit just took way to long that i don't even care about it anymore. But it's indeed worth a read.

Yeah I just read that on some forum too... That must really suck.

I mean.. it started in 1989... 28 years ago! Looking at one Piece which started 1997 and has twice the amount of chapters... I don't know what that berserk mangaka is doing lol
nath997
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Ikr. that guy just don't give a damn about his fan or he just really stuck with the story. Don't know which one.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
It's the same thing with the Hunter x Hunter author :/ He has missed 61% of his weekly releases since 1998..

There is a site here that lists when he released a chapter.. It's real bad <_< https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ShadowDawn wrote:It's the same thing with the Hunter x Hunter author :/ He has missed 61% of his weekly releases since 1998..

There is a site here that lists when he released a chapter.. It's real bad <_< https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/

Yeah I know but HxH was boring anyway. Gon, a person who knows everything about whether and nature and who can do everything although his biggest accomplishment was getting a fish from a lake turns out to have the lamest power of all when there are endless possibilities as kurapica Showed.

Honestly, I despise that manga/anime simply because the MC had nothing to make him special.

So yeah that didn't bother me. But Berserk is a whole different league and should be finished in the lifetime of the author at least.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
ShadowDawn wrote:It's the same thing with the Hunter x Hunter author :/ He has missed 61% of his weekly releases since 1998..

Yeah I know but HxH was boring anyway. Gon, a person who knows everything about whether and nature and who can do everything although his biggest accomplishment was getting a fish from a lake turns out to have the lamest power of all when there are endless possibilities as kurapica Showed.

Honestly, I despise that manga/anime simply because the MC had nothing to make him special.

So yeah that didn't bother me. But Berserk is a whole different league and should be finished in the lifetime of the author at least.

I agree that Gon is not the most interesting protagonist, but many of the other characters in HxH are really good with very interesting abilities (Like Kurapika as you said).

The Nen system in HxH is what made me fall in love with the show, making it a 10/10 even if Gon could have been a bit more interesting.
nath997
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
ShadowDawn wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

I agree that Gon is not the most interesting protagonist, but many of the other characters in HxH are really good with very interesting abilities (Like Kurapika as you said).

The Nen system in HxH is what made me fall in love with the show, making it a 10/10 even if Gon could have been a bit more interesting.

I don't like it either but those nen really interesting though and i heard that the mangaka of HxH has some health issues, so... .But in the end i really doubt that both HxH and berserk will ever be finished.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ShadowDawn wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

Exactly. I can't blame you for liking it. It has interesting characters. Sadly the main character is just boring.
Why is it that he can do everything when even older people fail? He'd lose against any opponents if it weren't for someone coming to save him. His biggest enemy was killed due to a nuclear bomb. His biggest fight was won only because of hatred.

That all sounds more like an antagonist and made me despise that show despite nice abilities

And leorio was the best of them all. He'd fit much better as the MC but sadly he didn't get much showtime.