What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
old berserk series was done pretty well, though i agree that the manga is better but thats par for the course, very rarely do anime adaptations deal with the story better. in my opinion the anime adaptations of a manga are there to advertise for the manga, so in that regard i think it did pretty well. new berserk anime is trash tho, horrible pacing and going full retard with cgi.

anyway, watching goblin slayer which is another case of berserkism where the anime is ok but doesnt do justice to the manga and is only there to advertise to it. we see this kind of stuff even with movie adaptations of books a lot as well.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i enjoy goblin slayer but the first episode is a bkt of a clickkbait
it is way rougher than everything coming after, even in the manga there was not really anything that rough yet (shield scenery pretty much only other one)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Let‘s say Berserk manga is Diablo 1. In that case, the Berserk Anime is Diablo 3‘s Rainbow Level.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Watched Gyo.

What the fuck.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:Let‘s say Berserk manga is Diablo 1. In that case, the Berserk Anime is Diablo 3‘s Rainbow Level.

this
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Castlevania

Good short popcorn anime, main plot is completely what effs (makes up for it with a great female MC) but honestly it's worth watching for the best fight scene in anime (which are usually fucking terrible).
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Steins;Gate

Starts off boring for a few episodes but turns really interesting around ep. 4 or 5. Too bad the entire second half of the show tanks hard revolving around the most obnoxious and annoying character(s) in the show. It's not as bad as in claymore level bad but still makes you want to bang your head against the keyboard. Ep. 23 makes amends with a comeback but you could very well quit after Ep. 11 as it only goes downhill from there.

OP - bad when you first hear it, but turns great after you've seen it a couple times.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finally found a open grindy world game where i can play while watching anime at same time:

Finished:
Love live sunshine second season, like after 3 month of more postponing it (my MAL profile have the time difference between those 2). I feel like im getting older to not care melodramatic stuff anymore, especially those that are saying "we must hope for future and shining our brightest" etc. Not bad i admit, but that it because Im playing the mobile game atm, so I just watch in context to get more story. I think Lovelive 1st line up is better, but sunshine have better first season IMO. Btw, dont you just feel sad that despite how hard you work, it is all lost in vain. At least the story leave up in higher positive notes.

Watching:
Little Witch Academia TV, my gosh. This remind of having fun of watching new IP that explore new world that solely not sure on school specific. Yes, we could say that this is another issekai series, but focused more traditional magic school like harry potter. It does make me feel like a kid again (well not really, but just remember when was 1st harry potter movie came out). There are also other alternative (like 1st season of zero tsukaima or 2nd season magi) but this genuinely engaging with new adventure every episode. Im about half through the season (probably can finish by today)

As for trigger studio, it deliver as usual the animation style, sakuga moment and artstyle that not feel like traditional anime.

EDITED
Just finished it, studio trigger as usual know how to end with a bang. The whole final episode is a visual treat, just like the first episode. After final plot is revealed, i thought i dislike how the villain motivation is kinda too weak and dislike how they resolved the issue. Despite strong world building and build up the anticipation, only plot twist the one I really liked (predicted at the beginning of the season, but still get twisted). Regardless, I enjoyed the time throughout the series, and probably in the future go back to other ova / movie of the franchise.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Edens Zero:

Okay honestly, I only started that Manga because I was completely confused as to why Lucy and Happy from Fairy Tail were in there, but not Natsu, which is weird because Natsu and happy were inseparable. I thought that maybe now that Fairy Tail ended, the author made a new series with Happy and Lucy.

Well, it turns out it's not Lucy. The girl is called Rebecca and coincidentally looks like Lucy. Same goes for Happy. That cat is a robot now. Both characters have absolutely nothing to do with anything from Fairy tail.

Yes, I was caught off-guard. I assumed that this was what the author wanted to achieve: Raise suspicion to get the people who know Fairy Tail to read his new work. At least that's what I thought until I reached the end of chapter 2:

► Show Spoiler

[/rant]
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Re-kan
random slice of life anime about a girl who able to communicate the girl. overall it is pretty average and im seriously turned off by 1st episode (usually studio put the best effort on 1st episode). thankfully there are about couple of fun episode in the middle. specifically a girl ghost who keep saying a person name. turned out it was a name of their teacher and girl was dead for like 30 years, kinda touching. but nothing to much else, pretty dislike the 2nd girl which pretty much the tsundere stereotype

Classroom of the Elite
Ok, I have issue with this series. The premise at start alone is predictable for me, especially when they explained about student pocket money (1k usd), so I assume this was gonna be some mindgame setup in school. instead, it was focused mostly on slice of life with "boring MC" who solved other student problem (hmm that sound like hyouka).

I admit, i only half way, and I kinda can predict what is background of MC with several flashback thrown out, especially his hidden genius power.
AND... suddenly the series is going to survival games for some reason and student test.... geez (ep 7 iirc)
I admit that overall the series feel polished, but gosh the i felt dejavu throughout the series watching this.
halfway season to go.