What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Amazon Warrior
1675 | 153
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Watched Blade Runner Black Out 2022. It ties in the end of the 1982 sci-fi classic with the upcoming sequel (its gonna suck probably, calling it now).

This short episode is directed by Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame, so fans will be plenty satisfied with the outcome even if they never watched or didnt like Blade Runner. (heretics)

ez 7/10. would rate it an 8 or a 9 if it didnt suffer from pacing issues here and there but for a short ep its pretty solid.
Solfege
Detonator
771 | 107
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I don't watch enough anime to know what's good, so I just pick a series at random for something to watch on my lunch breaks. Will pretty much consider anything, as long as the description doesn't start with "<insert name here> was a normal high-school boy/girl, until one day..."

Most recently...

Boku no Hero Academia:
Doesn't seem that bad. I get a kick out of All Might's hero character being a western comic book hero cliché, light source-defying black shading and all. The way the artists draw hands kinda triggers me though.

Restaurant to Another World:
Not good. The food shtick got really old, really fast. Pretentious NYT food critic talk? I skip that.

Made in Abyss:
Kinda cute. Premise seems a little silly, but it has a nice art style. Has an old-school RPG feel (clichés, and all), but that's not a bad thing. Episode pacing is good, doesn't drag on unnecessarily. They usually end with a soft cliffhanger, but there's enough meat in each episode that I feel it was worth my time, while still being interested enough in what happens next. Music also has an RPG feel. Reminds me of Chrono Cross for some reason. I loved the music in that game. Maybe nostalgia is the only reason I keep watching this.

Tried watching 18if. It sucks horribly. Apparently there's a Castlevania anime. It also sucks horribly.

There are some others, but don't remember atm. Feel free to point and laugh at my poor viewing choices.
iwansquall
Son of Lucion
742 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Since last post, i watched couple of series

1. Attack on Titan S2
Superb continuation but raised a lot more questions rather than answering them. Really made me want to finish reading the whole manga once it all concluded. I still think 1st season is better though, but I liked the = encounter with 2 giants on top of the walls (telling more will spoiled it) in term of the animation.

2. Yuyushiki
Another relaxing slice of life with seinen (why there are couple seinen tag which is older men demography have many this cute slice of life stuff). It is still not the highest score in its own category but enough for me to be relaxing.

3. Haiyore Nyaruko-san W
Cthulhu in girl form. I dont remember much the 1st season but the 2nd season still failed to hook me. Basically just enough to watch through but I dont remember much of the details.

4. Tonari no Seki-kun
Last time I mentioned that there are many types of comedy and I only loved certain type of comedy only. By design, this anime should be same class like Nichijou but maybe excessive use of overdramatic expression and internal monologue kinda made me feel kinda like meh. I think Nichijou excel more in term of physicality joke or animation-wise. I saw the first episode in real life action, it is even more exaggerated there...

5. Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
Probably among of recent anime that have unique character design. It feel like very different from normal anime. The anime have strong start until mid part which I just wondering how they gonna resolved the story nicely (which it didnt). It still a very good series but I kinda iffy with the MC since it reminded me way too much with Ronald McDonald.

Other anime added to list were mostly short special episode that I watched randomly since it would be tricky to find torrent for it, so I stream them while gaming.
Jaedong
Onyx Knight
629 | 36
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
been watching / rewatching some oldschool / cyberpunk movies (listing those that were not trash):
Baoh Raihousha
Genocyber
Ryuu Seiki
Youma
Youjuu Toshi
Prime_Evil
Amazon Warrior
1675 | 153
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Genocyber is godlike, even if the plot got significantly butchered from the manga and starts getting all over the place midway through. It pushed the envelope in violence even for those time's standards.
billy500
Empty Cooky Jar
861 | -29
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jaedong
Onyx Knight
629 | 36
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Juuni Taisen: battle royal with super powers
Nothing mindblowing, but its quiet entertaining
i havent checked too much into the current season but so far its the only thing that is appealing
Knight_Saber
Stone Warrior
30 | -1
I'm not so much into anime these days, but I've gone hard in the past. I was big into anime when I was young.

See, I was into shit like Bubblegum Crisis (80's original, but 2040, AD police, etc is all good), Akira, Ninja Scroll, when it was all new (late 80's-early 90's).
I loved Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, BBC2040 in that late 90's era, and FMA:B is absolutely the shit for post 2000 anime (I watched the earlier FMA when it first came out, but it was average).

Other than Dragonball (I've watched every episode of DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBsuper/etc), I don't like ongoing 400+ episode shit. I like the 26 episodes and done style, like Claymore. Oh yeah, Claymore was awesome, I nearly forgot it.

Naruto can fuck off, One Piece can fuck off, etc. No edge to them, just fan service.

[edit] Oh, and original Berserk was awesome, the recent remake was all flash and no substance.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
1854 | 222
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Started watching Hunter x hunter on sunday. Episode 54 today and it's not gonna stop there.
Solfege
Detonator
771 | 107
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Some I watched (or tried to watch) recently:

Juuni Taisen
Started decent, but was ultimately disappointed. By the end of episode 6, everyone interesting was dead and I stopped watching.

Black Clover
No. Just...no. The art is soulless, the acting is terrible, the writing is worse, and I hate the protag.

Garo: Vanishing Line
Watched until half-way through the first episode, when I realized whoever made this was actually serious.

Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World
Not bad. The different nations and their societal quirks are interesting, but Kino herself is boring (and that guy with the sword is even more boring). Kino being an op Mary Sue also kills any tension when she gets involved in things. By episode 6, I realized the episodes without Kino were actually more interesting than the ones with Kino.

Occultic;Nine
I keep watching these damn "semicolon" series hoping one will be as good as Steins;Gate. They never are. Not even close.

Either I keep picking bad shows or I don't like anime. Not sure which yet.