What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
cowking
Onyx Knight
646 | 62
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:First episode is not crap. It ties the whole series into the loop and you can watch it infinite times over and over again.

It's not only crap in the generic-anime-crap kind of way, it's literally so bad it put me off from watching the series. Berserk was sitting on my hd unwatched for a long time. A horrible intro into an otherwise superb anime.

That, and it's bad even in a storytelling way as certain highlights in the story would work even better without the first episode due to viewer being unable to deduce future information from it. It doesn't even establish anything about the world or the characters because it's the future, and the actual series happens in a completely different setting. I'd recommend anyone to skip the first episode completely until you've watched the series, and if you can honestly say that, it means it's utterly crap, blank and pointless.
Prime_Evil
Polar Worm
1803 | 174
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
i get what you mean with that, episode 1 tries to pull an "in media res" into the series but ends up kind of spoiling everything on the very first episode, anyone who never read the manga would consider the first episode to be redundant after watching the rest of the series, i still love the series to death but i am on the fence on how i look at it, in one point i understand what you mean with the hate for ep 1, on the other (having read the manga and already having watched the anime numerous times) i can see it was paced that way for the ominousness, to let viewers get a taste of the incoming tragedy filled plot, the slow descent of Griffith's madness because of his ambition, and the brutality youre in for when it comes to the violence depicted there.

KYASUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
iwansquall
Detonator
776 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished K: Return of the kings

Lets just say I already watched the first season and the movie, but I still have no idea how the world work and clash between of all of the kings. Throughout the series I was thinking, should i go in blindly or should i just skip it and hopefully it explain the series properly. But 1 thing I could at least judge properly is the artstyle. I remembered how "beautiful the artstyle from 1st season and movie" but then I realized that it simply lazy or doesnt make sense. The colour gradient effect is seem like amateur photoshop layer blending effect, with tons of unnecessary blue off-colour in most of the scene. Im not sure if my skill monitor screen have high contrast or not, but it bleed my eyes when i watching the screen.
► Show Spoiler

Several fight scene have kinda like "fluid" camera but only to realize that they also still using low fps 3D CGI as background.. ugh. While I liked full 3D CGI style anime with low fps, the blend between is kinda like ugly. Im surprised the series got high score for it, but it is probably because i couldnt give full attention because it simply doesnt make sense to me.
iwansquall
Detonator
776 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finishing up stockpiled anime in HD, hence why i have old and new anime watching spree.

Owari no Seraph S2
Similar to K season 2 above, I barely remember all plot details for the series. But despite, there are enough scenes to remind people like with several key event flash back. Again, since the series is mainly focus on opposing force of human vs vampire, you pretty much can categorized this anime just like usual generic shounen anime. Overall with just barely varied design of characters and power, the series doesnt to need to explain much on what each character capability is. Instead it focused more on several mission to take down several important noble vampire. Lets just say that most of the stuff in these are kinda above average standard for modern anime, with intense build-up toward final episode. I kinda dislike how they resolved the whole series in the final episode (not cliffhanger, but there is time skip saying "new season incoming") but the journey to the end alone is quite good.

*I wonder if I can remember all anime with trope "MC have a close friend in opposing force (enemy, villain, antagonist group)". Naruto, Aldnoah Zero, Bleach (soul society arc), Gundam, hmm cant remember much.

** Hibike Euphonium movie next.

EDITED
I forgot that Kyoani have tendency to release shorten anime series as movie, but it still able to remind me of feeling of watching the series.
Jaedong
Daystar
660 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
finished alot animes, alot average and meh stuff
prolly seen already by alot of people but i still want to mention them, dimension w, Kurozuka and Saint Seiya

very intresting animes, some of them slow starts but cool to watch defently recommend watching
Saint Seiya will force you to read the manga because sadly its just one season, but who can resist following a story of war between mythical known gods
Jaedong
Daystar
660 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Black Buller
in the beginning i thought its a trash shooter/weeb anime

fk that, the title and the first girly look is missleading, it is an fucking amazing anime
ive Bern watching so many animes lately, gotta say this is prolly i enjoyed watching the most

recommended
iwansquall
Detonator
776 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Oh, that was opposite for me. Starting part of Black Bullet was awesome for me (especially with that mysterious guy) but I dislike the last part when it became survival vs big monster fest at the end. However black bullet OP song is godly especially I liked the upbeat song from fripside (from railgun especially), but try to listen to full version.

Anime Im watching / finishing atm:
1. Ghost in the Shell movie 2015
I feel like I missing something here. As whole movie, it feel weird because it didnt properly introduce all main cast and it seem like Major have different origin. Plot also kinda confusing (something about cyborg with empty brain controlled remotely to do evil stuff). So major goal is pretty much to track down the enemy behind. Problem is, I also dunno why enemy also have same body design like Major (IIRC, in original movie, major is mass produced android, but with own unique ghost). I will check with GITS Arise later to see if I watched the series in wrong order.

2. Adventure of Sinbad
Awesome / strongest character from Magi series. He is kinda OP since child and pretty much always win all fight at least in short OVA (5 episodes). Again, because he came from poor rural area, he pretty much trying to enter dungeon to obtain power djinn so he can become a proper king and rule the country. In the end, as a future ruler he tried to become friends even with his enemy. The short OVA pretty much just origins of the character and didnt have whole character development (in the main series, he kinda around 30s ish, while he is still kid in this OVA). I dont recommend to watch this standalone, because I think 1st Magi is still better. Im in progress of watching the TV version, but havent finish yet.
Solfege
Mahasattva
916 | 126
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Live-action adaptation of Made in Abyss seems to be going well.
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Polar Worm
1803 | 174
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Finished reading the Grisaia trilogy VNs (Kajitsu, Meikyuu, Rakuen), havent read the spin offs tho, maybe some other time, so i went and watch the animu for the 3 VNs. Kind of a mixed bag, the stuff that is loyal to the VNs is very strong and i mean almost verbatim lines taken from the VN, but the stuff that isnt just shits on a lot of parts of the VNs, i guess it was done so for convenience sake.

Overall decent enough, but not as great as i was expecting though to be fair i had admitingly pipedream-like high expectations.
cowking
Onyx Knight
646 | 62
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Watched claymore, it's worth watching up to 11th episode, but right after it's got you hooked it starts a quick decline hitting levels of embarrassingly bad. I was hoping it would make a comeback but the ending just made me laugh.