What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
billy500
Empty Cooky Jar
939 | -35
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rewatching DBZKai cause why not.
Jaedong
Detonator
777 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
well i never said the anime is bad, but once u read the manga you know what i am talking about
-crazy amount of details
-alot more brutal
-disappoints you with with no more content after around 400 chapters instead of the end of the original anime
--> the 2 cgi seasons are disgusting in my opinion, ive seen both seasons because of how much i love berserk but i cant say i enjoyed it
void
Astral Guardian
1994 | 84
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well, what i can say now is that the cliffhanger at the end is not as bad as i imagined.
just finished last episode. it pretty much concludes the visions guts had in the first episode and the mark he has, and what happened to his eye.
ofc much is unanswered and its open ended, but for me its okay, happy ends are overrated and i was able to enjoy every episode for what it was :) eng dub was done rather well too.

after finishing it in 2-3 sittings, i will wait with checking out the manga however. from what you are saying it sounds like its something to look forward to
Prime_Evil
Neon Fiend
2025 | 197
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
old berserk series was done pretty well, though i agree that the manga is better but thats par for the course, very rarely do anime adaptations deal with the story better. in my opinion the anime adaptations of a manga are there to advertise for the manga, so in that regard i think it did pretty well. new berserk anime is trash tho, horrible pacing and going full retard with cgi.

anyway, watching goblin slayer which is another case of berserkism where the anime is ok but doesnt do justice to the manga and is only there to advertise to it. we see this kind of stuff even with movie adaptations of books a lot as well.
Jaedong
Detonator
777 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
i enjoy goblin slayer but the first episode is a bkt of a clickkbait
it is way rougher than everything coming after, even in the manga there was not really anything that rough yet (shield scenery pretty much only other one)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2471 | 177
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Let‘s say Berserk manga is Diablo 1. In that case, the Berserk Anime is Diablo 3‘s Rainbow Level.
Prime_Evil
Neon Fiend
2025 | 197
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Watched Gyo.

What the fuck.
Jaedong
Detonator
777 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:Let‘s say Berserk manga is Diablo 1. In that case, the Berserk Anime is Diablo 3‘s Rainbow Level.

this
cowking
Son of Lucion
703 | 71
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Castlevania

Good short popcorn anime, main plot is completely what effs (makes up for it with a great female MC) but honestly it's worth watching for the best fight scene in anime (which are usually fucking terrible).
cowking
Son of Lucion
703 | 71
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Steins;Gate

Starts off boring for a few episodes but turns really interesting around ep. 4 or 5. Too bad the entire second half of the show tanks hard revolving around the most obnoxious and annoying character(s) in the show. It's not as bad as in claymore level bad but still makes you want to bang your head against the keyboard. Ep. 23 makes amends with a comeback but you could very well quit after Ep. 11 as it only goes downhill from there.

OP - bad when you first hear it, but turns great after you've seen it a couple times.