What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:And yes I definitely feel what you're saying about sym. I just played again and I was so damn useless. No tanks, so I died even in the rear. Then suddenly a 1vs1 against a reaper.... guess who won. She's so dependant on the team and the map now. It's insane. It used to be the exact opposite (as in she was dependant on the enemy team). You just had to somehow crawl behind your enemies, pick up the healers and then you had some nice free kills with the DD's until only the tanks were left. But now... ughh it's just so anti-fun.

Yeah when everyone instalocks a dps instead of filling for tank or healer, its probably not gonna end well, ever. Here's what i dont like about Sym's rework : blizz turned her into a female indian version of old torb when youre pressured on defense maps. Old torb was useless except to defend points and HAD to stay near turret all the time to repair it, and still there were other more viable heros to pick than torb on defense at that time. Very passive playstyle. Sym without a proactive team to take advantage of her teleports is exactly that. She puts up her 3 sentries and uh, stays back right clicking and repleneshing destroyed sentries...? On attack though Sym can be a beast. But to me thats not a very fun way to play the game especially as you said very well CC is very prevalent in this game for whatever odd reason (getting slept+hacked+shield bash stunned+DF punched all at the same time isnt fun on a mid-high mobility hero....jeff pls) ; this meta is cancer as well for sym, GOATS basically deathballs everything and Sym has little leeway to maneuver around if teleport is on CD. Hopefully role queue to force 2-2-2 comps will arrive soon.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah I agree.

And here I am wondering again why symmetra got 2 reworks when Neither Mei nor Mccree received one. (Mccree basically getting a free kill every time his bomb is up, Mei freezing you so easily that even as a reaper in melee range you can't kill her fast enough if she sneaks up on you)

I managed not even 2 days of playing that game and I already lost interest in it again. But I guess nothing else was to be expected from a blizzard that seriously thinks Diablo on phones is a good idea.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Well Mcree has had a "rework" to his ult if you will (more like massive buff) , if you charge his ult for 1.5 seconds it will deal 500 damage to EVERYTHING including shields , means a mcree can destroy rein's shield in one hit......which is retarded imo but thats how it is.

Mei is untouchable, she's basically Satan. Her wall got nerfed with less health but her primary now deals even more damage per freeze tic. I cant even. Its so bad that people play mei as a flanker now as if she was a Reaper and just melts (pun intended) the backline of supports in seconds. Blizz is trying so hard to kill GOATS meta that it manages to hurt the lower brackets with OP heros like mei and especially reaper with his massive life leech buff (though granted at higher elos Reaper is still useless because at that point everyone has the game sense to stop a reaper before he gets in too close, also his E is easily the worst skill in the game hands down) .

Some rando potgs, nothing mindblowing.

https://streamable.com/opmod

https://streamable.com/bemi9

https://streamable.com/07ffp

https://streamable.com/b32co

https://streamable.com/wzb0e

https://streamable.com/k9qro
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Honestly, that pretty much sounds like the exact same thing that happened to Paladins (which is very similar to Overwatch): The devs made bad choices and fucked up balance completely.

In paladins at first you had a rather balanced game. Flankers were quite important and predominant. Support heros barely ever had heals. Then one day a new hero was introduced: A support character that heals a lot. That way the whole meta changed and every other support hero gained a heal or was doomed to be freaking weak. That also put more emphasis on tanks, while flankers were nerfed a lot. Only the rear guards stayed important. So everyone was running around with the exact same 2 healers, a couple of viable tanks and the rest were long-ranged DD's that were able to easily deal some nice amount of damage.

Then, since they thought that whole balancing process is not worth it anymore since the community just kept complaining, they made it so console and pc gained the exact same patches, which turned the whole game into a wild mess that's impossible to balance. Some heroes are too strong on PC while being too weak on console. It's only natural considering the completely different controls. And now the game is so unbalanced that it's just no fun for anyone anymore.

Ahh well, we all know Blizzard fucked up a lot these past few years. So it doesn't come as a surprise
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finally finished 4 Goddess Online, a Neptunia game that i postponed for almost 6 months.

One of key feature of games is the gameplay, without it, you pretty much better go watch a movie, tv series, read a book or listen to the music.
Neptunia by standard is never been in depth game no matter their genre they tackle.
However I kinda expecting a decent game because this one trying to combine it with MMORPG trope with unique classes for each girls.

One part that they succeeded is probably incorporated all those "trapped in MMORPG" genre as well as inside/outside game jokes. It tried something new by using unreal 4 engine, but sadly never fully utilized it. I have to use reshade to make the colour more pop up with saturation and bloom effect. Character interaction is funny as usual, but they failed to make "animated VN" part as the animation is pretty standard swish / resize/ fade etc. Only new part probably is 3d cutscenes, but it was scarce and only less than 5 (no way to replay them either)

As for gameplay, oh boy. While other action game have combo with limited skill set, this game is pretty much the button masher of them all. You can pretty much win all encounter by standing still and spamming attack button. Combined with super tanky boss that take minutes to kill,AND repeating quest of killing same bosses over and over and over again, made me think this was the worst game of the series. There is some cosmetic and gameplay customization, but it is not in depth like their main RPG title.

At the end, I will have hard time to recommend this game to other people. Story is the strong part, but gameplay is way too repetitive and boring (watching anime while playing fixed my issue). Another good side probably it is one of the shortest game for you to get 100% achievement, only take me about 16 hours from in game clock.

For other games recommendation, if u want to get into Neptunia series, Rebirth 1 and Unleashed probably good starting point. As for action japanese games with MMORPG trope......... i dont have any sadly. As for any other action indie japanese game i played : Chantelise, Gurumin which is small scaled games but at least feel more in depth than 4GO.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Running low on space for buffs :)
Almighty1337
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the same as 15 years ago

sc
diablo

and a new one,

hearthstone
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Playing Outward, co-op with gf, at the price its at its worth it even with how buggy it can get sometimes, but its scratching that Gothic 2 nostalgia of mine so i soldier on.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just finished Monstrum

Think like random generator monster escape room games. Basically u are confined on a ship with 1 of the 3 monster. Your job is to find escape tools, do some sort of procedure and survive until the end. Pretty simple, but just take note that item spawned also randomly and you might need to check every inch of room properly to find the stuff you need. Some spawned only 1, some spawned extra, so some escape route are much easier than other.

If other horror games is more toward a linear storyline with scripted event, this is more like old horror games like Slenderman. Then the first task is to learn the layout of the ship so you will know where to go to find specific item. Overall it is quite easy, but i stumbled myself couple of times and died horribly.

For the AI, they are cheating... as usual. This remind me of Alien Isolation so much, but once you understand their AI, i dont need to hide at all (until some random deadend layout killed me). Each monster have their own strength / weakness, but best part of it, is that you can outrun them easily. However, during escape progress, u will be forced to stuck to wait around while fending the monster away, you cant simply hide and wait for progress to complete. Neat simple games, i wasnt fun of horror at first, but i kinda having fun to learn to "master" and win the game.

It is not that long though, after 10 death, all 3 escape type, i clocked at 6 hours. You can be much faster if u read some wiki and get some general strategy on this games. I recommend if u want simple horror jump scare, but just be wary of teleporting monster though.

Other recommendation : erm... I dont play horror games much so nothing from my library. There are fractional games' penumbra / amnesia / soma series, but it is quite different. If i want to suggest open-world roguelike-ish, then you can try Sir, You are Being Hunted, but that is more like survival sim rather than horror.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Bought Witcher 1, 2 and 3. And finishing Baptism by fire book at the moment. What can i say ? Life is zajebys, pacany.