What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Wotan wrote:Recently re-played most of the Disciples 2 sagas on a mod I found that did a lot of rebalancing. It was nice although the Dwarven race is made super op ( so naturally I wont play their saga cause it will be stupid). The Necro saga is super hard cause most of the time your enemy is the Dwarven race.... which is nice and challenging.

What mod did you play? DoM's MoD?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I think it is. I dont remember cause I made a mashup of the files. Took russification and russian audio from one mod and then I put the other. I think it is DoM's. Where fro Empire instead of Titans there are Iron Golems, Dwarves have the boosted fenryr creature with frostbite (which overpowered as hell).,, etc etc. I like the Necromancer race changes the most.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
gothic 2 / nvn 1
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Playing :

Diablo 3 all the time atm, about 18 hours in and I already get full trag oul set from season reward. The game picked up so fast after level 70 (necro low level is very boring tbh) that i jumped from weak rare which barely can do T1 to monster T6 (could be higher, but i just doing achievement slowly atm). Not sure how long i will be playing, but I probably will stop once i feel like i cant do one the conquest.

Was planning witch doctor as well, as this probably my last time with D3, but since generally I dont like to play same game twice within short time frame. So I guess that WD is only class that I couldnt reach level 70.

Necro by design is kinda neat, because you have to balance between your life (for blood build), your essence, corpse and your cooldown. Personally I was hoping for more offensive passive, but of them are designed for summon-based. So far so that corpse lance can deal with boss within second, so I just spec for movespeed so I can clear adventure faster.

It seem that they also revamped the content that required you to variety amount of contents, which have their own drop bias. I still not fan for adventure as it felt less rewarding now. But thankfully rift are still legendary and set bias. Probably I will stop playing d3 by next week. Then sigma time... or not, depending if i want to play 2 arpg back to back or not.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
done gothic 2 and 1
floowsnaake
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
darkstorm wrote:done gothic 2 and 1

What about gothic 3 and risen series?
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
floowsnaake wrote:
darkstorm wrote:done gothic 2 and 1

What about gothic 3 and risen series?

gothic 3 causes distortions in my stomach, risen a little lower.
i am a fan of Planescape: Torment, and specific games, that cannot be mistaken by any others.

gothic 1 got one fabulous trick that caused a preasure playing whilst - the closed world, by barrier, and the main, unspoken puropse - to get outta prison it made. gothic 2 got better balance in magic( however thunderbolt cries for vengance due to its uselessness, comparing to gothic 1 it's a deep shit) . i always play mage in gothic - in 1st one it was a masterpeace( ofc only in conditions of gothic world) coz i started as a fire mage of innos, after gomez murdured all mages except me and milten( when the mine colapsed due to underground river) saturas, the leader of water mages of adanos invited u to the water mages team as a 1st mage in a long time to combine both gods and their elements, in the end when u gain uriziel sword xardas explains u that u r able to gain as the only mage except him to the 6th circle of magic, and he gave u his necromancer's robes( in my opinion the best armor in game) and morphs the uriziel's gem into the most powerfull spell rune. in the 2nd gothic it's more complicated - u can be only fire mage( what makes u above all the laws) . magic in gothic 2 is well balanced but... too expensive. it makes playing mage a pain in the ass( compare rain of fire spell - in g1 it's about 25 mana points, in g2 it 150 mana points) coz getting +5 mana points from a teacher costs in the end 45-50 skill points >.< rly, it's tastes like playing orb of anihilationmancer or ohmanzon -.-

in gothic 3 we got ofc almost the same spells( eps. the main ones) and a few honorable mentions( meteor( veeeeeeeeeery nice spell. i wish to use such a spell in mxl one day - it would be totally worth to be play meteorsorc-like build)) , but... there's nothing in this world. another farming game full of shitty quests( gimmie a bottle of wine from my house. getting one realise there is an army of guards protecting it. after brining it back u hear ,,so, what do u need?<+100 exp given>") . if i wish to play a stimulator of forests exploration i would use it - in crpg game i expect fabula, and - tbh - in gothic 3 we got not much of it at all...

risen caused so many bugs i couldn't stand it. and those repeatable quests and npcs - rly ... -.-

gothic 1 was rly the one - however, until now i cannot stand those rediculous quests u have to face on ur way to achieve any sensible puropse in game. main thread is ok - 1. archmage of fire mages gives u a msg to the leader of mages inside the prison. 2. problem of getting to them - u have to create character and get attention enough for being respectable. 3. u know the rules of the world and u began to be one of them - u start to achieve the same purposes as other npcs 4. the beginning of the main thread - accident of y'berion and the threat of misunderstanding the real msg of the god he devoted 5. the beginning of madness, npcs began to roam, they r getting more separated in due to overhelming preasure 6. the main colapse in fabula - the biggest mine colapses and the real conflict between prisoners began - half of mages die and player is forced to meet the real secrets of npcs and the prison, 7. xardas, the 13th mage explains u the futility of all efforts to live inside the barrier, the ones to get outta it either - he shows the way of the destination - u realise ur purpose in it and untill that time u understand that if u wish to get outta prison - u r alone with the necromnacer, 8. orcs explains u the real danger - accidentaly underground is hidden the lair of an ancient demon that will soon kill everyone inside the barrier, 9. u discovers the real meaning of the enemy and thank to xardas u gain the most powerfull weapon to deal with him, 10. u destroy the enemy, barrier colapses and ... u realise the adventure begins. very easy tricks to make emotional feelings and attract players attention to the game's main character. and that is the reason why gothic 1 is the one.

in gothic 2 - it was like collecting quest by quest to get to the final one - kill dragons. u know it from the very beginnig of adventure, there's no space, no time preasure, no emotions. in extension one of the gothic 1 characters became the evil one... in what purpose? until know got no idea. and the ending of the main thread - it's over and ... and nothing. no emotions.

it is an art of causing player's attention, and it's addapted from books - good fabula in game is the same as in books.
in planescape: torment we got goethe devil's bet again, this time u can watch many apsects of life in psychological, philosophical and esotherical meaning in d&d world. from the beginning we r forced to learn this world - and what a pleasure is this!...
in silent hill series u got a lot of tricks to attract attention - the sound of a ,,broken radio", the flashlight in the darkness, however in silent hill 2 we got also the pyramid-head - and his symbolical meaning. it's not so much but... it works. the awareness of his patrols arround the area makes a similar feeling to modern horror games, when u know there's a danger ''somether out there'' but... it's a game of uncertainity. another trick that works perfectly with a player's mind.
in jurassic park: trespasser there's imo great physic engine, unfortunately unfinished and left in past behind. i also liked the way that game caused feeling preasure allowing u to got only two items in one time and forcing u to explore the jungle with awareness of ubiquitos dinosaurs... and their advantage in dmg, velocity and senses. gg, unfortunately forgotten...
in pathologic, another interesting game, we got the same trick as in ''plague'' - inspired by book, game createss a 12 days storyline forcing player to deal with investigation, character's health conditions, scared npcs and... the main thread mystery. very similar trick as in fallout 1, where we knew that we *have to* deal with the main quest in time - and were totally alone in the desolations of postnuclear world.
and the temple of elemental evil - game that in a small world provides... everything a fan of d&d games shall expect( mb except most significant dialogue threads typical in classical d&d games, when u play with a game master who can improvise a storyline) - u got a team creation and a basic quest to start with, a dialogue( easy ones) quests in a village, a few basic location with basic enemies, than u gain to the evil village, than to the temple of elemental evil, and there u can fight with all types of creatures, mixing tactics and ... ah, it's a great peace of game. from basic rogues or orcs u can deal with each elemental creatures, all types of mages, monsters like constructs, hydras, lamias, creatures from lower astral planes, and, in the end, u can fight... with a god, cyric, just in the lowest ground of the temple - and in the end u can find in the 1st ground the *main thread boss* and deal with it in many ways - so, in very small world they provided everything.

however, even if game conditions and greatly mapped greyhawk system - this games causes not so many feelings, it's not baldur's gate, nor planescape: torment. but is memorable mention...

ah, games. -.- :bounce:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard