What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
yup, new league starts in around 2 hours or so.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Prime_Evil wrote:"have fun byebye".

Ah, I see. Thank you.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:yup, new league starts in around 2 hours or so.

All chars get wiped ? I was playing new one - marauder with ground slam and some fire buff - worked nicely, might as well try it out again on fresh league. Is there way to play in a party ? Seen some people in the town for few times, but no idea how co-op gameplay works in this game. If anyone will be interested to play/teach noob - would gladly join. But not today - today is for metal event and beer (one band used to play crystal mountain as a cover - hyped for that).
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:All chars get wiped ? I was playing new one - marauder with ground slam and some fire buff - worked nicely, might as well try it out again on fresh league. Is there way to play in a party ? Seen some people in the town for few times, but no idea how co-op gameplay works in this game. If anyone will be interested to play/teach noob - would gladly join. But not today - today is for metal event and beer (one band used to play crystal mountain as a cover - hyped for that).

Not wiped, old Betrayal league ends and betrayal characters are moved to Standard league. Basically a league with no gimmicks besides the ones that were made core (like Abyss) , its the "non-ladder" league. And yeah you can check the party boards in each town for open parties. Or whisp someone and invite them there yourself, that also works. I'll be bingeing on PoE all day today, already have some stuff theorycrafted using the new skills they will implement this patch.

But yeah, everytime a league ends those characters are transfered to Standard so you never really lose them. Same as hardcore characters in any league, if they die they get sent to softcore Standard.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Since the old Dark Souls froze a 2nd time on my old pc and thus deleting all my progress again, I bought a new one and the remastered version. After playing it for a bit more and encountering 2 strong knights I really have to say Dark Souls isn't hard. It's just extremely unforgiving for new, inexperienced players. Like those "jumpscares" underground where those freaking banshees suddenly appear behind you or undead running around the corner from a blind spot in the city. It's all meant to mindfuck you once. But the 2nd time you're already experienced enough to know what's where so yeah, you won't fall for it a 2nd time. This however makes the game really repetitive, since you usually run the same area multiple times. But it's still enough since you can always explore more. And that definitely is a really big plus: The maps. It's all so contorted and crammed, that it feels like running through the narrow alleys of a medieval city. And it makes disvovering secrets hard and thus, again, rewarding. I also like the sprint mechanic, where you can sprint for 10 seconds in total and it only takes 2 seconds to completely recover all your stamina *looking at you, sigma*. It makes you want to watch out for your stamina bar, but it also allows you to run away if needed. However it's also used for attacks, dodges and other things so transferring this 1:1 to MXL wouldn't feel good.

Either way, for Dark Souls you mostly need to memorize what surprise awaits you where and the attack patterns of certain enemies. So it's not really as hard as many people claim. It's still lots of fun!

Btw Prime Evil, can you tell me which of these stats is "Poise"? It doesn't translate to anything that's shown and English screens also don't show anything like that.

► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:stuff

Yea in hindsight DS1 isnt hard. I mean the WR is like half an hour, albeit using out of bound glitches and Red Tearstone Ring + Black Knight Halberd to cheese bosses by 1 or 2 shoting them. Like you said its mostly memorizing where each trash mob is at , and also the bosses phases. If your memory isnt great its a hard game, but thats not on the account of the games themselves.

As for poise its your "Balance" stat on the rightmost window.

As much as i like DS1, i have to say that imo the best soulsgame isnt even a Souls game, but Bloodborne. You play it very differently from a Souls game tho, unlike Souls where you have to be patient with a shield in hand and play very passively, you do the opposite and go balls to the wall aggressive on Bloodborne since it rewards a more aggressive playstyle. Shame its a ps4 exclusive tho, Sony was smart in funding them for that IP, its easily one of the best games ive ever played. But i digress...........................
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Thank you PE!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finally finished "The Observer" after long hiatus.

It started with simple detective type of games where you scan crime scenes for a murder case while searching for the MC's son. After each sweep, you find yourself trying to find a trail toward your target, by finding clue from neighbours or simple searching around the area (semi-open area). Soon, you will noticed that there are many more murder cases that connected to each other, so your goal is find the culprit while also trying to find your son.

Game become drastically more psychological horror as MC trying to get clues by mind-jacking the murder victims. The developer (who created Layers of Fear) masterfully able to create lots of scenes that mind bending and made your heart pump like crazy. As more mind-jacking u did, the most bizarre experience they become. All this happen while you trying to find pieces for the puzzle.

Overall, this a weird game that you might want to give a try. Only final part of the game is become more a philosophical where it tried to ask about correct thing to do in the cyberpunk.

Alternative : Soma (as usual) more philosophical, less horror / mind bending in general. Layers of fear from same developer. Lastly, Alan Wake is a game I havent recommend yet, but this is more like an action 3rd person shooter.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Path of Exile.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Scarlet blade for plot. And TQ with a friend.