What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:Question - trading skill now equals to char level. How to raise it more ?

You have to create a complete switch gear set for shopping. Max sockets filled with amulets with +trading and all skills.

It's very likely you'll have to start off with a bad suit to get access to better items to create a better suit. Once you start seeing amulets with +trading +all skills, remember the skin because every amu like that looks the same. It's a big time saver.

Best place to shop is the capital marketplace with two merchants right next to each other (the other merchant becomes active from doing a quest).
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Alright, seen some stuff with +skills, but had no idea that +trading exist. On the related topic is there a database where to check how much sockets can each part of equipment get ? I have this unique belt with 4, but seen armors with 3 so far.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not that I know of.

Some sets also have a real good +trading bonus like Mammon's ring + amu. Here's a good socketing guide that covers all important stuff because socketing in sacred breaks basic logic.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Finished Underworld expansion on gold difficulty just to get teleports and see how char is doing. Char is ok, but expansion is a bit dissapointing in general compared to main game. Pathways - long coridors with no freedom of scouting. Mob density is too much, you either go slow by clearing everything or run through mobs just to get stuck in the crowd eventually and end up clearing screens. Mob variety is blank, last act those alien spiders that lock combat arts - suck major ball sack.
Drops are better though. Not sure if mf from gears is starting to kick in, or survival bonus is to blame, but overall got many greens/yellows and so on. And there is also that cave in pirate island with graves and bosses. Why was it made that way - no idea, but to me it looks like op farming place.
► Show Spoiler
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished:

1. Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight:
I cant believe I spend 5 USD for this game, to get to tier 2 for humble bundle. You see, usually when I spend more than 2 USD, im kinda expecting a playtime of something like.... 5 hours per dollar? But this game are simply too short and simple, not worth the cost at least to me (hollow knight for example is 5 USD during steam sales with 20 hours playthrough).

Ok, probably it sound too negative so I will start with its strong point. First one is the artwork, it looking charm and doesnt feel much like old school nes, not exactly super high resolution either. On artistic parts, yes this game is polished on many level, artstyle, audio, music, environment etc. As for the gameplay, you always feel like you in control and boss fights is quite awesome. It even reward you if you managed to beat the boss without taking any damage.

Now, for the negative part of the games. Since this is platformer / metroidvania / hack n slash games, you will think that this game will at least have 5 different unlockable skills or power up. Nope, not much. In fact it was too little for me as you pretty much only learn about 3 new combat abilities and maybe 1 key item to go certain places you cant reach. As for control, my issue is only with jumping as there are lots of time that I thought I could reach a platform, only to fall down to abyss. It have momentum build up and double jump, but I dislike how initial jump feel like quite low. Probably have to do with "hold jump button longer to jump higher", it doesnt feel much different as double jump work better most of the times.

Polished short games, not worth the price to me. At least i got nuclear throne and soma as my trading chips for better game.

2. Sexy Brutale
OMFG, this game is truly unique and quite a charm. Basically a simple murder-mystery with time-loop mechanic where you only have specific hours of time in game to save certain people (about couple of real world minute per in-game hour actually) in one huge mansion. The music, and presentation are top notch, although I can understand this type of games is not for everyone.

Throughout 12 hours of the games, you will noticed that are several guests are being murdered from various reason. So once you saved one person, you will kinda get the idea what that particular sound came from. After saving each guest, you will unlock new power and able to explore more the mansion. The progression is quite linear although some of the murder are much trickier to solve than other. You will get a lot of hints on how to progress, assuming you explore each area and listen to conversation carefully at specific times.

In the end, game is wrapped up in grand way despite I didnt go for 100% ending. I finished it in 4 hours despite hltb said 6 hours average, only refer to guide for like 1 or 2 times only. If you have humble subscriber, you can get it from humble trove.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
cowking wrote:It's very likely you'll have to start off with a bad suit to get access to better items to create a better suit. Once you start seeing amulets with +trading +all skills, remember the skin because every amu like that looks the same. It's a big time saver.

Yes, took me some time clicking between two mercs but in the end it's working. Also found few amulets with +7 crit and now everything dies in 1 or 2 hits. Mostly in 1, unless monster has some good resistances and a lot of hp. But if a crit happens - dmg is 6 digits and no one survives.
Found very usefull zombie horse in desert near teleport. Compared to other animals this one really adds speed and helps to explore areas very fast. Also this weird kind of thing happened few times while riding - i atacked mob and ride away but char keeps shooting simple arrows while i hold move button. Not sure what is causing this but seems like bug ?

► Show Spoiler
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's a well known kiting mechanic, there's even a sera build around it.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Arena of Valor (Switch)

Exactly like LoL, but with less skills for usage. Even the characters are nearly the same. Xin Zhao = Zephyr, Butterfly = Katarina.
Yeah, Kata was one of my mains in LoL, so you can imagine that I of course had to play Butterfly. She was free this week and I entirely destroyed the hordes of newbs to the genre until I reached level 15 with my account. Then they became smarter and dumber. Smarter in my enemies team, dumber in mine. (seriously. Why pick a jungler when you already have 2 junglers? That's just overkill!)
The bots are aweful. You either allow the bots to follow you around (that way they will feed the enemy on your lane) or you don't and they stay in the base. Both is ridiculous considering how often there are people leaving the game. Also some guys just want to troll like always and purposefully run in 1 vs 4. Nonetheless, it's good for 1 or 2 games a day, since those games are over rather quickly.

Still playing Zelda breath of the wild

I bought the DLC's and started over from scratch. I finally finished the 4th titan and began working towards the 5th. It's simply insane how many challenges you have to face to get that bike. It's worth a good 8-10 hours of gaming alone. First you go back to the starting point, where you receive a weapon that kills everything 1hit but leaves you with the quarter of a heart, without being able to refill your life. Then you have to move to 4 locations and kill different types of enemies there. Thanks to bomb arrows that seemed rather easy though. I used that weapon only for enemies past blue difficulty.

Once you clear those locations, shrines appear. 1 for each location. After you clear those as well, the weapon is finally gone and you can start the real challenge: 4 monuments appear throughout the world. Each monument gives you 3 challenges each, which you have to pass in order to get to 1 shrine per challenge. = 12 challenges and 12 shrines.
After you clear all challenges of one of those monuments, you have to fight the bosses of the titans again. But this time your gear is extremely limited, and you only have 3 things to refill your health and that's most of the time only worth 1 heart at most. So yeah, having lots of hearts is definitely advised.

After you cleared everything, you go back to your starting position. Finally the 5th titan appears, which you can no enter. Inside there are basically 4 riddles and after each you have to face some minor enemy, like a stationary ancient guardian. Then you finally unlock the last room and have the final boss battle which is the toughest enemy in the whole game so far.

So yeah, it took me about 4 days and I finally unlocked the bike yesterday. Now I can ride over mountains. The time spend to get it wasn't worth the time saved by riding over the mountains yet, but hey at least it's fun!

I cleared some more shrines today. I'm at 88 now, so yeah I still got some more to do.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Err, I accidentally increased my games count like 30 games within last 2 weeks.

Playing so far:
1. Painscreek Killings
Murder mystery walking simulator. The whole premise very intriguing and made you try to solved a case of a murder. You went through out whole town trying to find clues and motive behind the murder. Pretty much hardcore in it's aspect as it doesnt have any sort of hand holding. If you playing blind, you pretty much will wander around for easily more than 10 hours trying to solve the case despite small playing area.

Its unique mechanic is simply the ability to take picture and use it as future reference. There is list of diaries, letters, newspaper cut, logs etc that will help you, but most of the hidden stuff are not exactly straightforward, required a lot of reading. I played this game and finished it within 2 days, I think I spent like whole stretch of 6 hours to in a session trying to solve it. Only referred to guide once I really really stuck as I dont want to spend extra 2 or 3 hours blindly. Awesome game, recommend if you like to solve a mystery / murder case.

2. AER
Another brief 3 hours walking simulator (actually half of it ability to fly around discover hidden caves) that have minor puzzle with grand story of saving a dying world. I didnt care much, but graphic look neat colour pastel / toon shaded like zelda' wind waker. I dont much to say except it is short games and I didnt bother to collect 100% of it collectible.

3. Tharsis
Finally beat this game on normal, I did relentlessly try over and over again to beat it any finally beat it after like 20 games over 10 hours of trying. Rely heavily on RNG, but during that winning games it felt like a godray finally shined upon me>

4. Space Run
Just barely touch it, pretty neat tower defense on a space ship. Basically with limited resource, you need to position, adjust and focus specifically on each enemy waves / asteroid in order to successfully deliver space cargo on your ship. Seem like a good game, although I wished there is a speed up button like others tower defense games.

5. Mooseman
Another games I truly hate despite the good atmosphere and the lore behind. Why? because the game mechanic is terrible. 90% of the game required to press right button and occasionally you need to use "switching planes" power to solve some puzzles. Despite only 1 hour and half, it left like terrible taste in my mouth.

6. Nex Machina
Get arcade shooter, get more neon / bloom effect, get more enemy that you need to aim carefully with your tiny gun, you get this game. One of the good game that I regret I purchased it despite it is good games. Despite playing easy or normal, the enemy room is just punishing because unlike other shump or arcade shooter, YOUR WHOLE LEVEL RESET which punish you for dying as you will have lesser and lesser powerup. Well the games have like 99 continue but I cant imagine of being that good just to beat the campaign / whole 6 acts. Even worse, the game felt like you playing on turbo mode that give less reaction time to understand the enemy mechanic, basically like using your head to hammer a nail over and over again.

I finally just decided to use cheat engine and slow it down to 80% speed, and the game became much more fun / manageable for me.

Now for my new VR experience:
1. Thumper
I had negative impression that this game is not a rhythm games same as i liked in many other games, but more toward fast reaction and between in trance with the music and the graphic. I dunno how to say this aside that "YOU NEED TO PLAY THUMPER IN VR", you imagine your body automatically react to all obstacles coming to your face. I admit the game is not easy, especially the weird mechanic of using a button and a joystick, rather than multiple buttons which IMO is much easier. If you can get a hand on it, I highly recommend you to try it (not to mentioned finally it got 75% discount recently)

2. Job Simulator
Fun and charming, simple instruction for you to follow. So far the games is not exactly worth my money to me, because it is priced as 40 hours AAA games to me. But i think i have to give chance to VR games as they are usually are more priced experiences. Probably more polished VR games I have try and I probably with get 2 hours of gameplay out of it.

3. Superhot VR
Same as above, much more polished VR experience. To be honest, I liked if the level is designed more like the traditional one because for some reason I couldnt get the throwing stuff the go to direction that I wanted. Earlier in the level, there was like 5 scenes back to back that I need to survive all of them or you will get reset to the beginning, i think i spent like 30 minutes for that particular level, hence why I prefer more checkpoints in between. Somehow the games give you some view outside of the games rather watching old DOS command prompt screen (basically I get to see the hackers room)

4. Sairento VR
I think I made a big mistake here, I purchase an action ninja game that allowed for you to double jump despite Im easily get motion sickness. Thankfully that whenever you jump, the time slightly slower giving you time to react to your enemy. But for some reason I still get feeling of falling down as there is some gesture like walking along the wall and wall jump that really confused my brain. First level for some reason is way harder than expected, I didnt managed to clear it, probably I will have to stick to easy games.

*If you wanted to buy VR and already have decent PC, I recommend you either get HTC with wireless or oculus Rift. Oculus is coming out with new version of Oculus quest which is standalone VR with touch controller for 400USD in next year/ 2 year iirc. Rift will remained as the best experience the VR can give (maybe there will rift v2 in the future, with higher resolution and wider FOV)