What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Probably, was so long ago.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I always play with mouse&keyboard, it's fine. Fucking great games, G1 and G2, after that it's trash. I forced myself through G3 for the story - however little there was of it - and I tried the G3 expansion but holy shit not only does it run worse, it plays worse. I was already dissapointed with G3, and its expansion just turned that dissapointment into anger. I've replayed the first 2 like 5-7 times each by now and they're still god tier games in my books, the controls are unusual but not that hard to figure out, everything else - the world, the story, music(HOLY FUCK the music,it's so good), important npc's - it's all fucking brilliant. I also love the voice acting in the polish version.

I've known these games since like grade 2, so well over 10 years - I actually bought the G2 expansion on launch, couldn't run it and had to return it, truly traumatic :D - so there's some nostalgia clouding my judgement, but playing them even this year was a shitload of fun so there must be something to them. :D
RisingSun
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Gothic 3 was not a complete finished product. The producer Piranha Bytes demanded more time for their game. The publisher Jowood released it anyway.

Bugs were fixed afterwards, but the game itself was not.

Piranha Bytes lost the rights of the brand "Gothic" and Jowood gave the brand to another producer. The new producer made the addon and Gothic 4. Both were even worse than the unfinished Gothic 3.

After some years Piranha Bytes got the rights back and deprived the G3 addon and G4. Those two are thankfully no longer part of the official Gothic history.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeah I know the story, that's partially why I chose to force myself through G3 even though I didn't like the gameplay - because it's "canon".

I don't think that if they were given more time, the game would have ended up much better though. Yeah, they would have probably gotten rid of most bugs(which were taken care afterwards by developers & fans anyway), but the core gameplay would have most likely remained unchanged. It's not like they could completely overhaul the combat system in a few months, if they were given that time, and that's probably the most broken part of the game, aside from performance issues...
Edited by Frytas 6 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You still can try out Elex. It's a rather new game from Pyranha bites
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:You still can try out Elex. It's a rather new game from Pyranha bites

I did and it's mediocre at best. I would argue that melee combat is worse than in G1 and G2. Difficulty is all over the place, Gothic was much more fair(example: a regular scavenger would deal about 50% more damage than a young scavenger, and have twice the amount of health, while giving slightly more XP; in Elex, a regular monster will fucking 1-2 shot you early on and tank a ton of hits, while giving the same amount of XP as its "young" version, and even the young ones are tanky as hell). Because of the abnormally powerful monsters I had to run around and do a bunch of boring, dialogue focused quests to gain a some levels and cash, which helped a tiny bit but not that much. Eventually I stumbled upon a flamethrower, somewhere in the desert I think, and it made all combat trivial. It became a matter of timing shots to deal the most amount of damage with burning while keeping the enemy cc'd. Also the companions are boring, Diego, Milten, Gorn and others had much more character.

Also a lot of textures look like they've been pulled out of a 2007 game, it's especially noticable on some of the berserker armors.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Flying gore chunks.

Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
bump.

life's good.

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Still grinding my way to final 4 level until level 99 in my current MMORPG. ETA 135 hours.
There are incoming patch with guild vs guild capture the castle in next 3 days.
Not sure if Im gonna involve or not, not rich in that game atm, just enough to farm solo.

Other game:
1. Assassin Creed Black Flag
I dont remember what was problem with AC3, but I kinda dislike the emphasize on naval combat here. I thought naval combat AC3 was more realistic and AC4 only expand on customization. Im only half way through, I dont think highly about the pirate storyline and I feel like story didnt focus much on Assassin vs Templar, but more focus on pirate way of life. Blowdart is awesome though, to make enemy sleep or berserk which made enemy fight against one another.

2. Aragami
Saw this game on humble bundle 2nd tier and insta-bought it although I feel like I dont have much free time to play it atm. So far I kinda like the concept of shadow power and emphasize retry check point over and over again, although Im not sure I want to like the stealth system or not. Im not asking much, but after playing decent stealth game last year (Styx: Master of Shadow), this one feel indie and small scale. You pretty much die in 1 hit and enemy tracking sometimes feel like cheating. Maybe it was because I choose the highest difficulty, but still cant I believe i need couple of tries to past the 1st level.

3. Arcaea
This one is special case. Most people might dunno that I liked a lot of rhythm game, so to fill the time when commuting between house and office, I need a game that I can play on mobile that doesnt cause nausea (trust me, I tried puzzle games and it was horrible). So my choice pretty much either simple match 3 or rhythm game. I had old phone with unoptimized performance so I need specific type of game that I can play properly without lag. After researching couple of games, this one is the best in term of performance, gameplay mechanic, progression system and visual. Here video of gameplay :
except I play with double thumb so it is much harder than using tablet + 4 fingers.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
At the moment I only play PC games and I only have Median XL and Path of Diablo installed on my PC. And the original Diablo II and Lord of Destruction as well, obviously. I mostly play Median XL right now but I may play a little Path of Diablo once the new ladder season starts in February. Both games are super fun to me, excellent mods, and I'm glad they exist because they improve upon the original game.

I used to play and enjoy Marvel Heroes Omega but that game shut down in November. It was my favorite PC game to play. I also used to play Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Path of Exile, MU Legend and Drakensang Online but I no longer play those games because it felt less like fun and more of a grind. Oh, and KingsRoad, a browser hack and slash game, sometimes I'll set up for my little nephew. It's easy to access.

Not much of a console player right now. I'm thinking of buying a new XBOX One X soon. If I do I'll probably play mostly sports games on it (Like Madden 18 or 19, or whatever new baseball game is out), or perhaps if I find a good RPG for it. Isn't Path of Exile on XBOX One? Although I felt too stressed out with it on the PC. Not sure how I would enjoy it on the console.