Cooking healthy with MXL!

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I have very sensitive digestion too (lactose intolerant among other things), but I'm a fantastic cook.

If you're talking potatoes, just get good ones and bake the shit out of them (whole, skin on).
You don't need more than a sprinkle of salt.
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have a unique home situation:

I am currently on a eat whatever I feel like diet, and I love just about all foods, so I'm the easy one now. After 1/1/18 I'm back on my low carb keto diet. Then it gets interesting.

Wife is Celiac. Plus a picky eater.

Older step son won't eat veggies.

Younger step son told us he wants to be vegetarian. His father won't support that, so it's extra stress to try and let him eat the way he prefers when he's with us.

Tonight's meal was a staple of our house - Honey Chicken

3 boneless skinless chicken boobs, sliced into bite sized pieces
3 eggs
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
Corn starch
Rice

Mix the eggs, spices, and chicken well, then dust with cornstarch and mix and cornstarch and mix and so on until you get a nice nasty thick sticky glob of chicken. Moar egg = moar starch = thicker breading.

Heat veg oil to frying temp. Most recipes will say 350-375. If you have a thermometer or fryer that can give you a temp, then use it. I just heat the oil in a sauce pan on my gas stove until I can dangle a piece of the chicken and it starts to fry instead of soaking up oil. I've cooked so damn much I can eyeball just about everything. Just make sure you drop the pieces in individually to avoid stickage.

Fry for a few minutes in batches to not overload the oil. Too much at once will stick together, and you don't want that. You are not looking to go to golden brown at this stage - just getting that batter to set and get a little color on it. Drain the fried chicken on paper towels.

Once through the whole batch once, try to use the chicken that's been out the longest and fry it a 2nd time. It probably doesn't matter but I'm neurotic about some stuff like FIFO. Now you're going for color and crunch.

For the sauce I heat enough honey to look like it will coat the chicken. I add about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of liquid aminos (GF low carb soy sauce substitute - tastes just like your average store bought soy sauce. Gets the job done), and about the same amount of rice vinegar. Well actually it's a solid squirt of honey, and a splash of liquid aminos and vinegar. I told you I don't measure anything. Anyways, heat until bubbly, mixing well by swirling the pan as it heats. Toss the golden crispy chicken in the pan and stir/flip/put in a paint shaker to coat well. Don't let the sauce cook too long otherwise you risk burning it and then you end up with disappointment. Serve with rice.

Have made this with a sweet and sour sauce for dipping and was satisfying that way too. Just don't overdo it with the soy if making sweet and sour.

My vegetarian got hashbrowns and eggs tonight. Ate more hashbrowns than my wife or I do with our breakfasts and was still hungry. I got lucky with only two meals. There have literally been nights where it takes me back to my short-order cooking days where it's 4 separate meals when everyone is hungry and impatient.

Might not be the healthiest in terms of carbs and fat and whatnot, but it's also a helluva lot better than your average take out joint and the Franken-food they're sending with you.

Tip: don't use shitty honey. I get this ambrosia white label stuff that Walmart carries around here and it's good stuff. I like to visit local orchards for their raw filtered stuff when it's in season.

Tip: if you're not using pink himilaian (sp?) sea salt, you're doing it wrong. Stuff is seriously the best.

Tip: if you eat or prepare a lot of rice, get the cheapo Oster rice cooker on Amazon. Should be less than $20 and let's you not worry about how your rice is doing.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
But how he is supposed to eat pussy if he is a vegetarian.
NikafieNd
Abomination
152 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Visit your local supermarket and purchase one of their lovely microwave dinners.

Before heating, poke holes in the plastic film covering said dinner.

Microwave on high for 8 minutes.

Enjoy.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
► Show Spoiler

Will try this ASAP. But as ranions said, did he ate the chicken if he wants to be vegetarian?

NikafieNd wrote:Visit your local supermarket and purchase one of their lovely microwave dinners.

Enjoy.

Thats just the oposite of healthy XD
NikafieNd
Abomination
152 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Somnus wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Will try this ASAP. But as ranions said, did he ate the chicken if he wants to be vegetarian?

NikafieNd wrote:Visit your local supermarket and purchase one of their lovely microwave dinners.

Enjoy.

Thats just the oposite of healthy XD

Haha
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
He had eggs and hashbrowns. As far as eating pussy - he's in 2nd grade currently. We'll worry about that one later.