I'll start adding my newest discovery...THE ROASTED POTATOEEEEEE!
Some of you know that I have Crohn's disease, so my food choices are limited (for now) between ULTRA SUPER Healthy and/or Starving to death unhealthy.
So today I wanted french fries, but guess what, I cant eat them since I just got out of the hospital, so Investigating I discovered something called ''roasted potatoe'', and guess what, my stomach tolerates it 100% and tastest/looks like french fries, but 10000000% healthier.
What do I need shitychef somnus??
- Some ''Provencal herbs''
- Olive oil ultra virgin extra (if it plays world of warcraft in his mom's basement, better)
- Boiling Water
- 250ºC preheated oven.
- Pre heat oven 250ºCelcius (482 farenheit)
- Remove potato skin, cut in big chunks like this, or whatever you like, i just cut them like that, more or less.
- Boil potatoes until you can stab them with a knife effortless without breaking apart.
- Fry olive oil virgin extra with the garlic (use the garlic press before adding them to the oil) and the herbs. Do not burn it, we just want some flavour to the potatoes, the more you cook/add them, the more it will taste as garlic/herbs. Add/remove to your stomach's content.
- Remove the garlic and the herbs from the oil with a strainer, and pour the oil into the oven trail.
- Put your potatoes in the oven trail and mix it with the oil, add salt and a bit of pepper (dont exceed this). Add some more provenzal herbs (non cooked) over the potatoes, and put the tray in the oven.
- Cook the potatoes until they have that amazing ''fried potatoe'' color. Around 30-40 minutes, depending on the oven.
For dipping I use ketchup with low vinegar/acid stuff quantity, cause of my belly. It's just amazing.
If you dont want the taste of the garlick and/or want to cut time, remove the step for cooking the oil with the garlic and herbs. It would be something like this:
Oven to 375f/250C
Peel potatoe, put it on boiling water with salt until they are ready (dont let them be torn apart when u poke them with a knife)
Coat potatoes evenly with olive virgin extra, spark the herbs on top.
Put the potatoes on the tray and inside the oven.