Other Diablo II mods

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
dreameaterx
Vampiress
35 | 1
Oh, thanks for sharing about the installer error, it has been passed to the maker of the application. Unfortunatelly, it seems you will have to do it manually, the xp may be the case. Download the winrar archive from dropbox/mega/moddb, make a folder in mods for d2se and place data + plugy.ini + d2sesetup.ini there. (Located in the archive, mod's name folder, or just extract the very folder there to mods folder,)

Then this should be suitable for you pretty well. Each Act has it's own items to collect, all are meant for somehow empowering you and your party.. Story may be primary, but I believe collectables are not falling behind.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Direct download option from here did not help either. 300 mb archive but i see no patch.mpq file in it. So not sure how to make d2se version of this zip.

kiki > :denied:
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
there is no mpqs for this mod, d2se can read direct -txt as well. follow the instruction above.
dreameaterx
Vampiress
35 | 1
:wall:

Let´s start from the scratch then...
MPQ files are like winrar archives. You place files inside. Then, the game reads these files from this archive.
In this mod, the files are not placed into an archive, they just are, outside of it.
This means folder ´´data´´ is an equivalent to Patch_D2.mpq, it is just not archived.
Every MPQ has the very first folder in it the ´´data´´ within which everything is located.
Place the data folder as I told you before and it will serve as a MPQ.
And vuola, all done. Hope it will run now ~

By the way the reason why installer did not work for you is that it has no version for 32 bit OS.

Also, do not forget, in D2SE menu, when you choose the mod, there should be an option to launch the mod with -direct property. Tick that.
And join the Discord server, without information there, you´ll get lost and clueless.
dreameaterx
Vampiress
35 | 1
Yoosk, the installer maker made a 32 bit version of the installer. However, he cannot test it, he has 64 bit pc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azhdw9urvdc73fm/The_Puppeteer.exe?dl=0
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I managed to get mod going with that direct install. Thank you. So far it seems like regular mod with that skull charm and p8 at start. Which is weird concept for me since i can reduce players to 1 and put skull in cube when hard moment comes. Some xp less, but game continues.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
story changes from end of a2 on. i know you hate discord but itd be really helpful if you join since there is no guide anywhere besides there.
dreameaterx
Vampiress
35 | 1
Adjustability of difficulty, so everyone finds it to their taste. I recommend the charm at least though, you´ll fall behind with leveling and will have to extra xp grind. 150% extra xp bonus is savage, 90% extra gold find and 55% magic find rate might prove useful aswell, as gold is required for several items, and a lot of it at that, and magic find and gold find might assist with gold earning greatly. About the harder fights, it is up to you to use it, or not, I just heard people playing mods seek challenge, 1hits are a thing in vanilla.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Oh yes, i am keeping that skull charm in inventory for the moment. What i mean by "weird concept" is that i can use this charm to my advantage greatly and probably against the way that the developer intended. I put it in cube for the 90% of the boss fight and take it out in the last moment to get best of xp/mf.

As for other things - i will try to figure stuff out when i reach act 2. I like challenges and such, by mod description i was expecting more of talking to npc/solving/gathering materials/crafting required stuff type of diplomatic version. So far things are ok, i am glad i installed it.
dreameaterx
Vampiress
35 | 1
You are meant to be using all the tools you have at your disposal. If you can use them more efficiently that's your advantage. All those features you wrote you thought will be there actually are, but that does not mean others aren't. Anyway, have fun.