Do We Have Other PoE Players Here?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
We all know PoE>D3, that's a given.
Lazbro himself did a lot of good work on PoE.

But I haven't played PoE in years, I got sick of them nerfing every build I made. And with the low drop-rates in that game, a build can take a month or two of farming to complete. Only to get nerfed and make all your hard worked for gear redundant.

I had entire patches of PoE implemented solely on my feedback when it was in beta. I have ultra-legacy gear that is probably super OP now.

If anyone here plays PoE, please let me know about the current state of the game, as I haven't played it in 3-4 years.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Current league (Incursion) is pretty good, one of the best ive played and ive been playing PoE since beta. A much needed addition after the disaster that Bestiary league was. Even the devs agree that league was terrible.

You probably played it last back when Dominus was the end boss. Well not anymore, campaign has 10 acts right now. I'd say overall the game has improved a lot, even though imo some skill trees need a little bit of looking into for some much needed life nodes (im looking at you, Shadow tree) but its manageable.

As far as builds go right now, arc traps build is the meta, basically rapes full screen, low effort high reward for farming maps. Everything else is decent with very few skill gems being mediocre to downright useless (Discharge). I play SSF ignite Flicker Strike Scion, and i literally just hold RMB and win maps, though to be fair i had to work my ass off for that 6 linked Oro's Sacrifice + 6L Belly. GGG landed the banhammer on a bunch of accounts recently, mostly bots bloating up the economy with exalts.

tl;dr - game is fine, encourages trading (a lot) if youre a social person, and even if youre not, and you should give it a spin again.