Windows 10

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sure, if someone has a question, ask, and I will test it on my side, though I'm working 14 hours today and next two days I will still be able to test it for 2 hours, so nothing should be a problem.

I will post few screenshots about the theme thing also Alkaiser.

Also, if someone is curios does some program work or not, I can test it since first I'm testing it a little then I'm going to do a clean install later.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Scalewinged wrote:Nah.... i'm still using Windows XP SP3 and i'm veeeeery happy :P

evil_potato wrote:no reason to "upgrade" from xp. i have total control over every aspect of this OS and fine-tune the install with nlite to meet whatever needs i may have. take the time to learn what 10000 new useless modules are for in w10 so i can remove them? nty.

Guys, I understand. I, too, agree that XP SP 2 or 3 was very, very good in its time, but I have just two words for you: security updates. If those words still don't make you want to upgrade then nothing will.

Regarding windows... I don't really like it. I mostly use it because I have to. D2 could very likely run fine on a linux distro under wine, better than on win8 probably, but I still need windows for an arcane piece of software that lets me use my phone camera as a webcam on skype.

Fortunately I have no reason to use shitty win only products like office. Not that office is a shitty product per se, it's pretty good in its category. It's just that that category (WYSIWYG-but-only-if-using-the-same-exact-version-of-the-software-and-only-on-screens-with-the-right-resolutions-and-only-if-I-feel-like-it document editor) is completely useless. You want to produce professional grade documents / papers that follow typography rules by default? You use a TeX derivative.

Besides, I like setting up a linux machine and seeing it only takes ~50MiB of RAM for the whole thing to run.

Sorry about this, I'm bored, slightly sleep-deprived and wanted to write something.
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Tested Diablo.

D2SE w/ Glide on TSW works fine.
D2SE w/ D2MultiRes & PlugY & BorderlessGaming on SP works fine as well.

Make sure Game.exe runs in XP SP3 mode or it won't start though.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yay :D
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Warren1001 wrote:Tested Diablo.

D2SE w/ Glide on TSW works fine.
D2SE w/ D2MultiRes & PlugY & BorderlessGaming on SP works fine as well.

Make sure Game.exe runs in XP SP3 mode or it won't start though.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@Alkaiser

No screenshots yet, was too tired to do anything, got from work, took sth to eat and after that sleep time.

It seems that there is only "aero" on taskbar and on start, on "explorer" there isn't any aero affect.

Anyway, today I should test diablo II, I'm curios will I have any problem or not with it like some other users.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Take your time man :D
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
is it true that you HAVE to accept automatic updates ?
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Yes. There is no denying updates. But you can choose a time it updates so it doesn't do it randomly.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
There is also an option to defer updates, but those important, critical will still be updated I think.